Why Nintendo took the design down
  • JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
    Ayr, Scotland
    Nintendo hasn't shut him down though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...witch-controllers-charity-etika-b1767396.html

At the bottom of that article, it says

Nintendo did not completely shut down the manufacture of the shells, Blake says, but rather "had me remove some designs and I'm modifying most of them."

"To my knowledge the only things that need to be removed are the words JoyCon and likely the split Nintendo Switch Logo surrounding these word", Blake told The Independent, although said on Reddit that the company "didn't specifically tell me why each design was taken down [but] they did include a list of copyrights my designs broke, and the word Joycon was on that list."

Blake also clarified that while some believed that Nintendo issued a blanket cease and desist order for his Etsy shop, this is not the case.

Response from CptnAlex (seller) on Reddit
  • delete12345

One Winged Slayer
    Nov 17, 2017
    Boston, MA
    We got a response from CptnAlex himself. Reddit mod from /r/smashbros has verified this.

old.reddit.com

CptnAlex the person behind the Etika joycons is shady as hell and you should probably not buy anything from this guy

If you’re going to make a thread about me, @ me next time. The amount of misinformation in this Reddit post is absurd, and if you continue to...