• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
That Bayonetta trailer kinda confirmed to me that they are working on Astral Chain 2

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Conker is probably a no go

I don't think Nintendo would want children to accidentally upon that game when they're trying to play Mario 64. I guess they could age gate it or something, but that wouldn't be a perfect fix.

Clearly they should set it so that when you select it on NSO it will give you a red flashing warning sign of "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SUPER NOT FOR GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS"

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Conker's Bad Fur Day on the NSO with online multiplayer would be the best thing ever.

For plenty of reasons however that will likely never see the light of day.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Clearly they should set it so that when you select it on NSO it will give you a red flashing warning sign of "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SUPER NOT FOR GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS"
Obviously not that specific language but I could definitely see them including Conker but with some sort of warning. It's a popular enough game I could see them adding it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, but it's pretty plausible that Little Timmy could pick up his dad's Switch and end up playing it unsupervised. I just don't think Nintendo would be too keen to let that scenario come to fruition.

Not like most parents would be on the lookout for a game like THAT as part of a Nintendo subscription.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
That Bayonetta trailer kinda confirmed to me that they are working on Astral Chain 2
I was actually really disappointed when it turned out it wasn't Astral Chain 2

Nothing against Bayo 3, I loved the first two games and I'll probably enjoy 3 just as much. I just preferred Astral Chain and would be really hyped for a sequel

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
I wish I didn't see that Emily Rogers tweet, because after Kirby and new NSO consoles came true I spent the remainder of the direct half-expecting Silksong, then it didn't happen. :')

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised that there was zero Advance Wars information in this Direct.

No GB/GBC either, which I'm assuming will be part of the "expansion pack" (horrible name) when it's eventually made available.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I wouldn't even expect Xenoblade IP to show up in this direct. I would prefer it that the Xenoblade IP is shown during the Spring/Summer directs.
I still had hope haha, especially after Definitive Edition was announced back in September 2019. Just depends on how release dates fall, and I had my fingers crossed for a relatively early 2022 release for it.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
I think GB/GBC will remain base tier, honestly.
If it was only in the expansion tier -- and assuming it's still launching in the near future -- I don't see why they wouldn't have mentioned it in the Direct. If it's coming to both tiers, then it sort of makes sense not to mention it, because you don't want to upgrade the base tier at the same time you're trying to upsell people. I guess.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
If it was in the expansion tier -- and assuming it's still launching in the near future -- I don't see why they wouldn't have mentioned it in the Direct. If it's coming to both tiers, then it sort of makes sense not to mention it, because you don't want to upgrade the base tier at the same time you're trying to upsell people. I guess.
Right. Today's focus was on the Expansion tier.

GB/GBC is coming. Tom Phillips also stated as much. I can't see them waiting until September 2022 to add GB/GBC. Let's see what they have to share next month.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I loved the direct. Thought it was one of the best ones in recent years. I'm gonna need Smash 64 though, and also the Mario movie is gonna fucking suck a loooooooot

Oct 25, 2017
How's the mood in here? There wasn't TOO much that I was into, besides Bayo of course and the Mario movie insanity.

I'm really very curious about what's going on with Resident Evil Outrage. I had that down as a lock.

Good for a September Direct since those are usually middling, but it's not one of the all time great ones like February 2019 and the last two E3s. I was generally pleased but not jumping on tables excited.

There were a lot of things I thought would be here that weren't like Klonoa, Resident Evil (as you said), and GBC NSO. I don't like to play the annoying "but where was *blank,* Nintendo?!" like an obnoxious youtuber, though, especially since what was here was solid.

I would give it a B+.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So here is 2022 at the moment

January- Pokemon Legends: Arceus
March- Triangle Strategy
Spring- Kirby and the Forgotten Land

2022 but no time frame-
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Announced but no date at all-
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4

I am gong to guess that Kirby is April/May, Splatoon is summer like June/July. Bayonetta gets August/September, Zelda gets the coveted November slot.

Unannounced guesses-
Casual game in April/May to go opposite Kirby.
Fire Emblem 4 Remake in summer
Prime 1 reboot in Fall
Donkey Kong or 3D Mario in the Fall
PS3 on NSO in October

2022 is looking stacked

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So hype for HWAoC dlc2! New story, stages, Purah and Robbie duo character and a hidden one(probably Sooga). Probably the meatiest musou dlc I've seen normally they're just characters

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

March- Triangle Strategy

2022 but no time frame-
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3

Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4

I am gong to guess that Kirby is April/May, Splatoon is summer like June/July. Bayonetta gets August/September, Zelda gets the coveted November slot.

Unannounced guesses-
Something new in the summer
Prime 1 reboot in Fall
PS3 on NSO in October

2022 is looking stacked

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is supposedly slotted for 2022 too. Potentially H1.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

March- Triangle Strategy

2022 but no time frame-
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3

Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4

Unannounced guesses-
Fire Emblem 4 Remake in summer
Prime 1 reboot in Fall
PS3 on NSO in October

2022 is looking stacked
You forgot Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I wish I didn't see that Emily Rogers tweet, because after Kirby and new NSO consoles came true I spent the remainder of the direct half-expecting Silksong, then it didn't happen. :')
You know... now that I think about it, I wonder if Silksong is big enough now that it might show up at TGAs. I think it's outgrown an Indies show at this point, assuming we get another one in December

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe weird question. I didn't watch the Direct live but from what I'm seeing in the various threads it's quite a few threads it didn't go down very well. I personally thought it was a fun event, but whatever. Wasn't in the discord so could somebody tell me the average take there? Didn't see too many familiar faces so I'm guessing folks watched it there...

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe weird question. I didn't watch the Direct live but from what I'm seeing in the various threads it's quite a few threads it didn't go down very well. I personally thought it was a fun event, but whatever. Wasn't in the discord so could somebody tell me the average take there? Didn't see too many familiar faces so I'm guessing folks watched it there...
EDIT: I didn't realize you were talking about the discord for this thread and not just Era discords in general.

The direct went well with people who saw the games they wanted, and poorly with people who didn't see the games they wanted. Like usual.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think lots of us in the discord liked it! I thought it was great. Bayo 3 and Kirby look awesome, N64 NSO is a great addition, and CV collection was the perfect shadowdrop

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
February 2021: "Splatoon fan freaks out about Splatoon 3 announcement"

June 2021: "Metroid fan freaks out about Metroid Dread announcement"

September 2021: "Nintendo fans freak out about Chris Pratt playing Mario"

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I loved that Direct. I feel like everyone was down with it, whats up with the retroactive "ooh so it didn't go so well huh?" or am I just giving too fast of a cursory glance at threads?

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I loved that Direct. I feel like everyone was down with it, whats up with the retroactive "ooh so it didn't go so well huh?" or am I just giving too fast of a cursory glance at threads?
I'm confused as well. lol Was wondering if the split of audience had anything to do with the response here. I kinda want to go where everybody knows my name and all that.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A huge chunk of the regular Nintendo fans here have moved on or are planning to move on due to the MC debacle. Most of the hype happened elsewhere.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I'm confused as well. lol Was wondering if the split of audience had anything to do with the response here. I kinda want to go where everybody knows my name and all that.
What do you mean split audience? I mean, I always want to be where everybody knows my name and all that, but, wait a second --
A huge chunk of the regular Nintendo fans here have moved on or are planning to move on due to the MC debacle. Most of the hype happened elsewhere.
What do you mean moved on? Did a lot of people leave the site recently or something?

I feel I'm out of the loop. What's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.