Status
Not open for further replies.

undefined

Jan 3, 2021
I nearly shitposted in the hardware spec thread by mistake 🙃

Aula is a Nintendo psy-op campaign intentionally embedded in a firmware update in order to sow division amongst enthusiast groups so that no one can agree on what this revision/successor is supposed to be, and keep people sniffing around but never quite knowing the full truth until reveal/release.
People should be more open to the idea of 2 new revisions

The pro is probably coming, and it probably isn't Aula, but it doesn't mean this Aula thing won't be released

There be meltdowns

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that'd be a smart thing to do after the data miners found out about Mariko. Aula is just a mole firmware to confound us :p

It's all a game to them, and Nintendo is playing us all

People should be more open to the idea of 2 new revisions

The pro is probably coming, and it probably isn't Aula, but it doesn't mean this Aula thing won't be released

There be meltdowns

Truth be told I am too; without a leg to stand on beyond gut feeling, I believe Aula may be the replacement for the original Switch (truly a best of both worlds), and then a third pillar of the Switch family is for performance and enthusiasts willing to pay extra. Switch Lite continues on as is, getting updated later on to match the specs of the successors (similar to the Google line of Pixel phones, even if it is Apple's model Nintendo is trying to emulate more)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone is wondering about the Kingdoms of Amalur port

Seems fine. The remaster was mostly a port with some slight touch ups on the other systems. It's basically the same game it was on the 360 and PS3. Would have hard to screw up the Switch port.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just found this neat little feature in the switch online icon app that shows you a timeline of all the games on the service and also a little icon to tell you how old you were if a game released in your birthday month.

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
I wish that someday Square realize that we would like to have both Tomb Raider & Just Cause series on Switch.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I nearly shitposted in the hardware spec thread by mistake 🙃

Aula is a Nintendo psy-op campaign intentionally embedded in a firmware update in order to sow division amongst enthusiast groups so that no one can agree on what this revision/successor is supposed to be, and keep people sniffing around but never quite knowing the full truth until reveal/release.
That's probably not why it's in the firmware, but that really seems to be what's happening in practice. It's been an annoying distraction ever since it was discovered, but it's gotten so much worse since the Switch homebrew community recklessly claimed it was the upcoming Switch model.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Nintendo Family, if there are any college basketball fans here please join the bracket pool in Etcet Era. Trying to get a big group.

Link

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
Nintendo is going to kill Mario I wouldn' texpect them to keep making gaimes in the future
Time for Donkey Kong to shine and take back what's owed to him:
-Donkey Kong 3D Land
-Donkey Kong 3D Country
-New Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Party
-Diddy Kong Kart Racing
-Paper Kong
-Donkey Kong Golf
-Donkey Kong Tennis
-Funky's Haunted Mansion
-Captain Dixie's Treasure Hunt
-CrankyWare Microgames

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
-Donkey Kong 3D Land
-Donkey Kong 3D Country
-New Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Party
-Diddy Kong Kart Racing
-Paper Kong
-Donkey Kong Golf
-Donkey Kong Tennis
-Funky's Haunted Mansion
-CrankyWare Microgames

Blessed post.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
-Donkey Kong 3D Land
-Donkey Kong 3D Country
-New Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Party
-Diddy Kong Kart Racing
-Paper Kong
-Donkey Kong Golf
-Donkey Kong Tennis
-Funky's Haunted Mansion
-CrankyWare Microgames
Donkey Kong Jr Style Savvy. Bringing back the A-frame tank as high fashion.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
-Donkey Kong 3D Land
-Donkey Kong 3D Country
-New Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Party
-Diddy Kong Kart Racing
-Paper Kong
-Donkey Kong Golf
-Donkey Kong Tennis
-Funky's Haunted Mansion
-CrankyWare Microgames

No "Donkey Kong is Missing"? smh

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
You know how Rare was originally going to make "Donkey Kong Racing" for the Gamecube? It would be cool if Nintendo brought back that concept.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
-Donkey Kong 3D Land
-Donkey Kong 3D Country
-New Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Party
-Diddy Kong Kart Racing
-Paper Kong
-Donkey Kong Golf
-Donkey Kong Tennis
-Funky's Haunted Mansion
-CrankyWare Microgames

4cffokl2.png

Give it to me please

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably not why it's in the firmware, but that really seems to be what's happening in practice. It's been an annoying distraction ever since it was discovered, but it's gotten so much worse since the Switch homebrew community recklessly claimed it was the upcoming Switch model.

On the one hand I don't blame people for being pessimistic when it comes to Nintendo's hardware decisions, especially after WUST, but like I said in the other thread I'm still on Team DLSS 4K

-Funky's Haunted Mansion

Why would you joke about the one game I never knew I wanted until now

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few weeks and we'll find out about this huge nso update. I'm very excited for this news especially if it's a new tier subscription for 3D games or even them just selling HD versions of old games separately would be great too.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A few weeks and we'll find out about this huge nso update. I'm very excited for this news especially if it's a new tier subscription for 3D games or even them just selling HD versions of old games separately would be great too.

Part of me thinks I need to stack my NSO subscription in case of a price hike lol

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand

Seems fine. The remaster was mostly a port with some slight touch ups on the other systems. It's basically the same game it was on the 360 and PS3. Would have hard to screw up the Switch port.

Is....is he implying that Monster Hunter's weapon system was influenced by Kingdoms of Amalur??

lol

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Is....is he implying that Monster Hunter's weapon system was influenced by Kingdoms of Amalur??

lol
He does make some weird statements in regards to how Amalur "influenced" stuff (like Skyrim, a game that came out before Amalur). Maybe if was a gaffe and he meant to say "influenced by" or something?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? Theres a huge NSO update incoming? Source?
Jeff Grubb stated as much, and an insider posting in the new Switch hardware thread also made the same assertion. Seems like the reveal will be sometime between now and the first week or so of April. Jeff seems to think before, but iirc the other leaker claimed the first week of April after the new FY starts.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have some information on upcoming Life is Strange games from Emily. She didn't want anyone to be disappointed if they don't get announced this week for Switch. As you can see she says the remasters are planned for Switch and LiS3 is in the cards for Switch.

Life is Strange 3:

- Developer: Deck Nine
- I hear Life is Strange might get a "colorful" subtitle.
- Initially, it will be announced for PlayStation and Xbox. A Switch version is in the cards, but my gut feeling tells me it'll get announced/released at a later time.

Life is Strange remasters:

- Old Life is Strange games (LiS, Before the Storm) are being remastered with some small visual improvements. LiS2 is a straight port though.
- Deck Nine is porting them from Unreal Engine 3 / Unity to Unreal Engine 4.
- They're all planned for Switch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Heads-up: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is being delisted on 3/31. I see a lot of warnings about Mario 3D All-Stars, but not so much Fire Emblem.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

I've also received an early physical copy yesterday. Even if it's a game from 2012, this is a solid port. For anyone interested, all content is on cart (a 20MB update is available though).

Never tried the game before, and I only started it to check it, tweaked the camera settings a bit… and then I spent 3 hours on it (until the battery depleted) 😅 Really fun game!

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I have some information on upcoming Life is Strange games from Emily. She didn't want anyone to be disappointed if they don't get announced this week for Switch. As you can see she says the remasters are planned for Switch and LiS3 is in the cards for Switch.

Life is Strange 3:

- Initially, it will be announced for PlayStation and Xbox. A Switch version is in the cards, but my gut feeling tells me it'll get announced/released at a later time.

- Old Life is Strange games (LiS, Before the Storm) are being remastered with some small visual improvements. LiS2 is a straight port though.
Hell yeah!

TheTrashBoi

Oct 20, 2019

Life is Strange 3:

Why does Before the Storm need a remaster. It looks fine even with the much blander lighting compared to the other games.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If you look at the last pages of the previous thread before it closed, someone insinuated that Thugstas was not a real insider. So idk what that was about.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
There's a big door already in the Mario zone that will lead to that zone, and the door is already DK themed, there's some tweets that show the door.

I know too early to predict, but how odds are the chances that Super Nintendo World will get a "Zelda Themed" Section for the Park?

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Life is Strange 3:

They should have had the switch versions all planned out by now instead of making switch owners wait

Sknygy

Feb 9, 2020
I am not paying $70 for Skyward Sword.

I am paying it's retail price of $60. Because I enjoyed the game on Wii and I know that I'm going to get my moneys worth of content.

👏✊👏✊ #TeamSkywardSword

Anybody in the UK found the Zelda joycons up for preorder yet? I don't want to miss out on those.

Nope, gave up looking but have an alert setup on HUKD

My bet is only on LiS, anything beyond that will be a big surprise.

Would be down for a Tomb Raider trilogy, only played the first two of the three newer games.

Square Enix acknowledge people want games on Nintendo platforms?
You're funny.

There's no market for anything but JRPGs, allegedly. 😭

You know how Rare was originally going to make "Donkey Kong Racing" for the Gamecube? It would be cool if Nintendo brought back that concept.

That was my most wanted Gamecube game! The CG trailer was so hype! The leaked Sabrewulf gameplay looked dire however, sure the final DKR wouldn't have looked like that.

I know too early to predict, but how odds are the chances that Super Nintendo World will get a "Zelda Themed" Section for the Park?

Oh. My. God. That would be incredible!! Perhaps to start with they avoided this as could have led to having hyrule castle, when they already have peaches so went for DK as it looks entirely different. Trying to think of potential Zelda rides...riding Epona/Loftwing? An AR links crossbow training (the sequel we all deserve). The DK Minecart ride is going to be 🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.