• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What form will the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 take?

• Nintendo Direct

Votes: 247 20.0%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini

Votes: 131 10.6%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

Votes: 269 21.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda Direct

Votes: 176 14.2%
  • Pokémon Direct

Votes: 352 28.5%
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Well, guess it's time for a new thread then!
Hope MondoMega does a good job of being the OP of this version of the OT, for all of us.
I really am cautiously and optimisticly hoping for this year to be great for all of us Nintendo fans though.
Especially since last year wasn't all too great IMO.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I would like to open this thread by announcing that I have finished Paper Mario: TTYD!

It took the better of three weekends and was a blast. From the levels to the partners and NPCs to the dialogue it was great across the board. My only complaint is that some levels required quite a bit of back tracking. It felt too much like extra padding, (looking at you tree level). Thank you again for all of the tips that were given at the beginning, especially about leveling up the badges. I leveled that up way more than health and my crew was strong as a rock.

Did you spend some time with Ms. Mowz as your partner?

1200px-PMTTYD_Ms_Mowz_Artwork.png

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
New OT, new chance to both reinforce the fact that trans rights always will be human rights, and everyone should give moon: remix RPG adventure a try!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Seriously, have we not learned to completely trust in Jeff Grubb by now? He leaked Super Mario 3D All-Stars and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Seriously, have we not learned to completely trust in Jeff Grubb by now? He leaked Super Mario 3D All-Stars and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
I... didn't think anyone mentioned not trusting him? He's definitely been pretty much the most reliable person of late.
I never specified the specific game beyond just a PvZ coming to Switch.
Ah, right. That's what I meant, really, I'm not familiar with the series so I just saw a "PvZ" and thought of you.

Any plans for the next podcast? You guys always make the commute more fun. Although I imagine you're probably about tired of Switch Pro talk at this point

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I... didn't think anyone mentioned not trusting him? He's definitely been pretty much the most reliable person of late.

Ah, right. That's what I meant, really, I'm not familiar with the series so I just saw a "PvZ" and thought of you.

Any plans for the next podcast? You guys always make the commute more fun. Although I imagine you're probably about tired of Switch Pro talk at this point
We'll have one next week. Still deciding on the topic matter. Won't be Switch Pro related.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
So the only game from Jeff Grubb's list that we haven't seen yet is Velan Studios' game. Which is weird, because that's the Mario Kart Live Home Circuit devs, but I guess they're working on a second project for EA?

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
A new thread? It smells good.
Really hoping for some good news, although I'm afraid we might need to wait a bit longer (February or March?). Still keeping my fingers crossed though lol.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
with the lack of news I think this topic is just spam at this point.

I am totally ok with it, but everytime I see this topic on top I just remember how directs are dead and give the finger to 2020.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Have you even seen or read about a credible leak/rumors around Skyward Sword HD in the first place? Once we get past that, we can then speculate more on this.
Ah, my bad then, I thought there were people here saying it was a certainty based on some insider's word. I only check in here occassionally.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
with the lack of news I think this topic is just spam at this point.

I am totally ok with it, but everytime I see this topic on top I just remember how directs are dead and give the finger to 2020.
What lack of news? Nintendo dropped new updates on 3D World + Bowser's Fury, New Pokemon Snap and Buddy Mission BOND on Twitter in the past week.

Directs are in a place of uncertainty now, but that's why these threads were renamed to focus on general discussion about Nintendo as a whole, and there's still plenty to talk about even without big general direct presentations every quarter.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo General Discussion OT19 is the only thread I recommend to friends

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Barney the Dinosaurs Backyard Kart Racing leaked in a store listing
Nintendo Era: "Nintendo Direct soon?!"

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
What lack of news? Nintendo dropped new updates on 3D World + Bowser's Fury, New Pokemon Snap and Buddy Mission BOND on Twitter in the past week.

Directs are in a place of uncertainty now, but that's why these threads were renamed to focus on general discussion about Nintendo as a whole, and there's still plenty to talk about even without big general direct presentations every quarter.

New info on previously announced games, nothing new tbh. I just think there is too much spam and that buries any news... if any. But, thats just me. I love the OP tho.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Damn kinda forgot how fun Miku is.

Remember playing the previous game on Vita and I remember it getting abused on extreme lol.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I just remembered that we're also going to be getting the next quarterly financial report in a couple weeks (roughly February 4th), those are always fun

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
We're probably going to get a Partner Showcase or Mini Direct soon (within a week or two) with an EA focus section similar to the "2K ❤ Switch" thing from last year. Apex Legends/Plants Vs Zombies/Velan Studios.

And speaking of 2K, I believe a Borderlands 3 port is rumored to come out this year as well. Maybe it's revealed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.