• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Oh for sure. I think 2019 might be the year where we see their handheld teams finally move to the Switch

Well, we've seen what GF can do ;)

The only other exclusively handheld devs that I can think of being left are Alpha Dream, who've got that M&L remake next year, and Arzest, which who cares.
NLG has been handheld only since the Wii so I guess LM3 is them jumping into HD/home console again. Anyone else?

Oct 26, 2017
Well, we've seen what GF can do ;)

The only other exclusively handheld devs that I can think of being left are Alpha Dream, who've got that M&L remake next year, and Arzest, which who cares.
NLG has been handheld only since the Wii so I guess LM3 is them jumping into HD/home console again. Anyone else?
Well I was mainly thinking of them but also of the teams that made their more weird or non-core titles, like Brain Age. I always liked them doing weird stuff

Steel Diver Sub Wars: Resurfaced LET'S GO!
Oh God no! :(

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Well I was mainly thinking of them but also of the teams that made their more weird or non-core titles, like Brain Age. I always liked them doing weird stuff

Oh God no! :(

Oh I imagine those smaller teams got absorbed/moved to other projects/teams (maybe new ones). I doubt we'll see Brain Age, Wii Fit, Nintendogs, etc on the Switch.

As for Vitei/Steel Diver...who knows after Tank Troopers died on the vine.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I imagine those smaller teams got absorbed/moved to other projects/teams (maybe new ones). I doubt we'll see Brain Age, Wii Fit, Nintendogs, etc on the Switch.

As for Vitei/Steel Diver...who knows after Tank Troopers died on the vine.
Well that's kinda rough. Not that I liked them all but there were a few I genuinely enjoyed. At the very least, I'd have hoped for Brain Age to be a mobile title or something

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2019 first party lineup prediction

January – New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
– Fitness Boxing *​
February – Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
March – Yoshi's Crafted World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
April – Pikmin 3
DAEMON X MACHINA *
May – Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Detective Pikachu
June – Nintendo EPD New IP
July – Luigi's Mansion 3 (temp.)
DRAGONQUEST BUILDERS2 *​
August – Bayonetta 3
September – Metroid Prime 4 (temp.)
YO-KAI WATCH 4 *​
October – Animal Crossing (temp.)
November – Pokémon RPG (temp.)
December – Star Fox Grand Prix

*This title is licensed to be sold as a Nintendo product.

Might look too good to be true but I really don't think it's that unrealistic. Yoshi's Crafted World and Fire Emblem: Three Houses (maybe NSMBU Deluxe too?) were delayed which makes Switch's 2018 lineup weaker than expected and 2019 stronger. Sure, delays can happen in 2019 too but it's harder to predict so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I expect Metroid Prime Trilogy HD to be announced at The Game Awards 2018 alongside World Premieres of Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 gameplay. I also think ports of The Wind Waker HD (even without taking into account Jonneh's tweet it just makes too much sense + each year gets at least one Zelda game and I don't see a new one coming this soon on Switch), Pikmin 3 (one of the few Wii U million sellers not yet ported to the Switch) and Detective Pikachu (to coincide with the movie and in preparation for a sequel) will all get announced by January, as well as a fresh new IP developed by Nintendo EPD like Splatoon and ARMS. Star Fox Grand Prix will most likely be revealed at e3 2019 like every Retro Studios game while Metroid Prime 4 will be the focus like Breath of the Wild, Odyssey and Ultimate were at previous e3s, with Nintendo aiming to make it huge.
I expect MPT HD to be announced too. I don't see Retro's Star Fox game December. One insider said it was supposed to be a summer 2019 game. WW HD makes sense. 2D Zelda could be there too.

I hope we get Aonumas IP (if real). Luigi's Mansion 3 in July seems too early.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Well that's kinda rough. Not that I liked them all but there were a few I genuinely enjoyed. At the very least, I'd have hoped for Brain Age to be a mobile title or something

I mean, not that I know anything of course. Just my assumption, based on those franchises not being really a fit for Switch play. Like how it seems that Art Academy is dead.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's funny how '' Metroid Prime Trilogy HD '' is so sure in the minds of some people even when there is absolutely no proof that it is something that exists

I mean, I do not know what puts it above other Wii remasters

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I hope we get Aonumas IP (if real). Luigi's Mansion 3 in July seems too early.
Maybe, would AC in July and L'sM3 in October make more sense?
I don't know if Nintendo could have both a BotW "sequel" and Aonuma's new IP in development at the same time tho, and the former was confirmed a few months after BotW launch iirc. I would love to see that too, but it's too early I think.

One insider said it was supposed to be a summer 2019 game.
Who?

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
It's funny how '' Metroid Prime Trilogy HD '' is so sure in the minds of some people even when there is absolutely no proof that it is something that exists

Nintendo was pushing for it according to Emily and it just makes sense to port it to Switch before Prime 4, like they did with Bayo 1 + 2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there's a new game in the series brandishing the number 4, so getting people a chance to catch up as well give the games a new lease on life. every little bit helps if they want to give Metroid the best possible chance at growth

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it kind of full though? We don't know what they have fully for next year. Pikmin 4 could be a game for next year.
we so far have pokemon, fire emblem, yoshi, luigi's mansion 3, animal crossing, nsmbu, daemon x machina, and maybe bayo 3 and/or metroid prime 4.
there will be new 2019 games announced in january and e3, so maybe pikmin gets announced for release next year, but i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, would AC in July and L'sM3 in October make more sense?
I don't know if Nintendo could have both a BotW "sequel" and Aonuma's new IP in development at the same time tho, and the former was confirmed a few months after BotW launch iirc. I would love to see that too, but it's too early I think.

Who?

I like LM3 as an October game and AC as a middle of the year game. If Aonuma's game is real he could be making it with a smaller team. He's not needed as much on Zelda. Fujibayashi has a good handle on the series I think.

I can't remember who it was that said it was Summer 2019.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I like LM3 as an October game and AC as a middle of the year game. If Aonuma's game is real he could be making it with a smaller team. He's not needed as much on Zelda. Fujibayashi has a good handle on the series I think.

I can't remember who it was that said it was Summer 2019.
Aonuma is used to producing like 200 games at the same time anyway. Like juggling WWHD, BotW, ALBW simultaneously plus whatever experiments they were doing on the side.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
If Aonuma's game is real he could be making it with a smaller team. He's not needed as much on Zelda. Fujibayashi has a good handle on the series I think.

Aonuma is a producer so by nature he is managing a lot of different games, although unlike the other producers, he's been stuck on different iterations of Zelda for the past 20 years. If anything, there's a chance that Aonuma has Fujibayashi on the new IP, and Tominaga (who took over the DLC as director) on the BOTW sequel. Who knows.

There's some group/team leads that haven't materialized projects in the Switch generation yet (Pikmin, Tomodachi, Rhythm Tengoku, etc.) We will see what happens there.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aonuma is a producer so by nature he is managing a lot of different games, although unlike the other producers, he's been stuck on different iterations of Zelda for the past 20 years. If anything, there's a chance that Aonuma has Fujibayashi on the new IP, and Tominaga (who took over the DLC as director) on the BOTW sequel. Who knows.
I didn't know there was another director for the DLC...

That changes things now because what's Fujibayashi been doing for a year and a half? I guess a new IP like you said or the next Zelda.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017

That changes things now because what's Fujibayashi been doing for a year and a half?

He's been working on Zelda for a long time as well now, if anything his name might do a great job of promoting a new action-adventure title. "From the director of BOTW etc.."

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

That changes things now because what's Fujibayashi been doing for a year and a half? I guess a new IP like you said or the next Zelda.
living it up after the SS->BotW redemption arc
giphy.gif

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I like this possibility. Fujibayashi would be working on some some early concepts for a new IP while Tominaga uses the work they did on BotW to make a new Zelda.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we so far have pokemon, fire emblem, yoshi, luigi's mansion 3, animal crossing, nsmbu, daemon x machina, and maybe bayo 3 and/or metroid prime 4.
there will be new 2019 games announced in january and e3, so maybe pikmin gets announced for release next year, but i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
We have 12 months to work with. In the 9 months of 2017 Nintendo had a big game every month except May IIRC. If they could pull off 11 big games in 12 months would be amazing.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at the best selling fighting game franchises. Currently, Tekken is #1 at 47 million and Street Fighter is at #2 at 45 million. Smash is at #3 with 40 million.

It's safe to say Smash Ultimate will put the Smash series as the best fighting game series. I'm hoping it can make it to 60 million as a series. It's well deserved.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking at the best selling fighting game franchises. Currently, Tekken is #1 at 47 million and Street Fighter is at #2 at 45 million. Smash is at #3 with 40 million.

It's safe to say Smash Ultimate will put the Smash series as the best fighting game series. I'm hoping it can make it to 60 million as a series. It's well deserved.

Where is Mortal Kombat in the list

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone said Skyward Sword Switch is announced by Aonuma during Zelda concert.

Edit: teased, not announced. Apparently Aonuma said something like "we hear you! You want to play Skyward Sword on Switch, right?"

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
There is/was a Zelda concert in Osaka but eh... sauce?
gonna need a source on that
Source: this person on weibo (Chinese only)

Original (the second "tweet"): 现场青沼原话「我知道你们在想什么,switch 的天剑没错吧」然后全场爆发如雷掌声我差点飞出去

Translation: Aonuma said "We know what you are thinking, Skyward Sword on Switch, right?" Then the audience were clapping like crazy. I nearly flew out.

Status
Not open for further replies.