• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if it's the same bug with I think it was Smash where it was the counterfeit sd cards were the reason.

Edit: I think I heard it was a crash during autosave that triggers the save wipe. I would suggest turning autosave off for now. I'm pretty sure I heard you can turn it off in SwSh.

I'd probably stay away from the game altogether right now 😬

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad that I'm aware of the reward for beating said lair on the first try/without beating the other levels and that it's probably not worth it nor required for 100%. For $20, after hearing all the positive reviews, I'll gladly give it a try.

Also reminds me I have DKC on Wii U via Club Nintendo & I should go back to it as I only beat like the first 2 or 3 worlds, yet I kinda would prefer having it on Switch...yet I already own it

DKC:TF is so good, too. Even better, probably. One of my faves. It gets better and better as it goes on. The secret levels are exemplary, too. But yeah beating the Lair alone is super tough, let alone on the first try. I haven't beaten it yet but I'm hoping to sometime soon.

Also legend166 as TheMoon said, no dedicated time trial mode, but I hope they'll add one at some point.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Week November 14th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Sparklite - Merge Games - $24.99/€24.99 (Launch sale: $21.24/€21.24) - 964 MB
  • Romancing SaGa 3 - Square Enix - $28.99/€31.99 (Launch sale: $23.19/€25.59) - 1.7 GB
  • Yaga - Versus Evil - $24.99/€24.99 (Launch sale: $19.99/€19.99) - 1.5 GB
  • Labyrinth of the Witch - Orange Cube - $14.99/€14.99 - 189 MB
  • Overlanders - Run-Down Games - $24.99/€22.99 - 4.9 GB
    sparklite63jl3.jpg
    romancingsaga3jyk0b.jpg
    yagarbj8l.jpg
    labyrinthofthewitch1qkli.jpg
    overlanderso6jf6.jpg
  • Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party - Taito - $59.99/€59.99 - 1.5 GB
  • Thief of Thieves: Season One - Rival Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 12.0 GB
  • Raining Blobs - Black Shell Media - $9.99/€8.99 - 141 MB
  • Dram Chilly - Hypetrain Digital - $9.99/€9.99 - 75 MB
  • Mad Games Tycoon - Toplitz Productions - $39.99/€39.99 - 832 MB
    groovecoasterwaiwaipavrjvm.jpg
    thiefofthievesseasono3tj55.jpg
    rainingblobsbekuq.jpg
    drawchillyg2k15.jpg
    madgamestycoon7pjza.jpg
  • Biolab Wars - Forever Entertainment - $1.99/€1.99 (Sale if you own a Forever Ent. game: $0.99/€0.99) - 142 MB
  • Some Distant Memory - Way Down Deep - $12.99/€9.99 - 2.4 GB
  • Balthazar's Dream - Dolores Ent. - $8.00/€7.99 - 1.5 GB
  • Yie Ar Kung-Fu - Arcade - Konami/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child - Artifex Mundi - $14.99/€14.99 - 593 MB
    biolabwars4dkn0.jpg
    somedistantmemoryynk5b.jpg
    balthazarsdreamssdkcm.jpg
    arcadearchivesyiearkuhrjdw.jpg
    scarlettmysteriescurseijfw.jpg
  • Pokemon Sword - Game Freak/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 9.5 GB
  • Pokemon Shield - Game Freak/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 9.5 GB
  • WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship - Bigben Interactive - $49.99/€49.99 - 13.6 GB *11/19 on NA*
  • Bee Simulator - Bigben Interactive - $39.99/€39.99 - 6.7 GB
  • Cube Creator X - Big John Games - $19.99 - 910 MB *NA*
    pokmonsword7vjyd.jpg
    pokmonshieldhdjo9.jpg
    wrc8lpjc6.jpg
    beesimulatorgtjxg.jpg
    cubecreatorx2nj9r.jpg
  • Fractured Minds - Wired Productions - $1.99/€1.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Mars Power Industries - Sonka - $3.99/€3.99 - 219 MB
  • Holedown - Webbfarbror - $9.99/€9.99 - 77 MB
  • Tactical Mind 2 - Drageus Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $2.49/€2.49) - 273 MB
  • The Mims Beginning - Ultimate Games - $8.99/€7.99 (Launch sale: $6.74) - 1.0 GB *11/24 on EU*
    fracturedmindsrhkh5.jpg
    marspowerindustries1ukxg.jpg
    holedown9xj9x.jpg
    tacticalmind2zakk1.jpg
    themimsbeginningdzji4.jpg
  • Galactic Defence Squadron - 4MB Interactive - $4.99/€4.39 - 139 MB
  • Squidgies Takeover - GiantMargarita - $15.00/€14.99 - 552 MB
  • Perils of Baking - eastasiasoft - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 123 MB
  • Push the Crate - Polygon Art - $7.99/€7.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Rocket Wars - Rooftop Panda - $9.99/€9.99 - 108 MB
    galacticdefencesquadremjt0.jpg
    squidgiestakeovernxj2i.jpg
    perilsofbakingagkqs.jpg
    pushthecratexaka1.jpg
    rocketwars0sk9o.jpg
  • Woven - Alterego Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Zen Chess Collection - QuByte Interactive - $3.99/€3.99 (Launch sale: $0.99/€0.99) - 72 MB
  • League of the Shield - NoobO Games - $7.00/€6.99 - 53 MB *11/29 on EU*
  • Go! Fish Go! - Cool Small Games - $1.99/€1.99 (Launch sale: $1.79/€1.79) - 362 MB
  • The Unicorn Princess - Bigben Interactive - €34.99 - 1.7 GB *EU*
    woveniskgl.jpg
    zenchesshmjgu.jpg
    leagueoftheshield4ckjk.jpg
    gofishgok9jv9.jpg
    theunicornprincessfhjnc.jpg
  • Sudoku Relax 3 Autumn Leaves - G-mode - $5.00/€5.09 (Launch sale: $4.50/€4.58) - 57 MB
  • Lots of Slots - Dispatch Games - $7.99/€4.99 - 273 MB
  • Color.Motif Deluxe - Kodozur Yazilim - €2.99 - 277 MB *EU*
    sudokurelax3autumnlea83jq2.jpg
    lotsofslots6yk5h.jpg
    color.motifdeluxev6j5t.jpg

- DLCs

• Bridge Constructor Portal - Headup Games
    Portal Proficiency - $5.99/€5.99

- Demos

• The Legend of Dark Witch - Inside System

- Japan

• Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary - Tapstar/Worker Bee - ¥1,980
    boulderdash30thannivegbk9j.jpg

- Late Releases

• Beast Quest - Maximum Games - €34.99 - 3.5 GB *EU*

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
does anyone actually play the f2p kirby game?
combat feels sluggish compared to regular Kirby to me

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sparklite is actually a lot more straightforward action rpg than it initially looks like, 3/5 zones down now, and once you get some upgrades in you, more health and more defense patches, the game becomes pretty easy compared to early on. I had a super hard time with the first time, and now i've one shot the following two. You can also just make a bee-line to the new zone you need to be in and ignore the previous ones, unless you really need to farm money, but even then you get a lot more in the later zones.

There was also a update and I wonder what it did, I think it messed with the map system, as the zones I've been in are showing now and I swear they werent before unless I had the map patch for that zone equipped, and also the explorer guys that give you the map after you do a little quest to find them in each zone, I just did it and this time they didnt give me the new zone patch, so I'm thinking they changed the map system, maybe because people complained you had to waste patch slots or something for the maps, people usually get map about maps in games (look at hollow knight lol).

edit: in fact the map isnt procedural anymore, its locked now, it's always the same... what? this is very strange.
edit 2: restarted the game later and now the map is covered again without the map patches hmmm... /shrug

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a twitter feed to keep track of EU eshop deals both for Switch and for 3DS?

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys, I have an eShop-unrelated question, more HW related:
My brother (currently living in Canada) is coming back to Germany next year. If he now got a Switch for Christmas from either country, wouldn't he just need to also get the respective other country's Switch AC cable to make it work in the other one? Console itself should be region-free, right? Or am I missing something?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad that I'm aware of the reward for beating said lair on the first try/without beating the other levels and that it's probably not worth it nor required for 100%. For $20, after hearing all the positive reviews, I'll gladly give it a try.

Also reminds me I have DKC on Wii U via Club Nintendo & I should go back to it as I only beat like the first 2 or 3 worlds, yet I kinda would prefer having it on Switch...yet I already own it

$20 on switch? Where, if you don't mind my asking?

Oct 26, 2017
There's also Catastronauts which looks like Overcooked x FTL. I don't know if the switch port is any good tho.
The overcooked games and all DLC for 2 are currently on sale as well.

Thanks for the replies! Even looking at a very narrow subgenre it seems there are already too many games on Switch.
Curse this infernal machine!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone got any thoughts on Incredible Mandy?

The game obviously, not the drug 😏

I played an hour. I thought it was gonna be Zelda like but so far, not really.

graphics are nice enough if a little sterile looking
Music is good
FPS seemed a little choppy in handheld
Movement feels off to me. Hard to explain but it doesn't feel great to control

maybe the game changed later but so far it's like a puzzle platformer. You use your sword and this golem to proceed through the The areas.

honestly I found it boring, and absolutely nothing wowed mr. I will play more but I was not impressed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'll have some final thoughts on Sparklite later but it left me more or less like Yaga left me, I liked it but was ultimately disappointed.

Which also makes me want to stop posting impressions of games because I'm afraid people buy them because my initial impressions are really strong (its not like I'm lying at the time tho) and then the games might not be that good later on or overall and I feel bad because I feel like I lead people on :/

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Sparklight, much like Yaga, felt short and I feel... unsatisfied. Again, like Yaga, I don't exactly regret my purchase, I liked both games, but nor do I think either is exactly worth the asking price (even less so their actual base price when the discount is over), both are about 5 if not 10 $/€ more than they should realistically be for what they offer, but that seems like a problem that isn't going away anytime soon. I'm starting to sorta-kinda agree with people that say indies are pricing higher so when they go on sale they get what they would usually get if they priced like before. So say a game that was 15 or 20 usually now costs 25+, so when it goes on sale for 20 or even 15, it's on sale but they still get what they would usually get for that type of game. A bit conspiracy sure but I dunno man, it's not like triple A games where you clearly see where the money goes. These games don't look like the cost any more to make than games 4, 5 years ago. I really think both Yaga and Sparklite should be $15, $20 max and that is really stretching it.

I say all this while still wanting to get Children of Morta, Black Future 88 and/or The Touryst next week, but these two recent purchases back to back have cooled me off on that idea maybe... we'll see.

It also made me not want to post first impressions anymore as I fear people buy these games because I posted a good first impression (well it's not like I was lying when I did) but then the game doesnt pan out later or overall, and I feel bad for "misleading" folk :(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That's too bad. What didn't you like about it?

long story short, it's too short (no pun intended). Much like Yaga, it feels like when they are done introducing new systems, the game ends and you barely have a chance to use all your tools. Also both games only have a handful of zones. They just feel short, it's hard to explain. Some games you play 8 hours and you are ready to move on, these you feel like you're missing like a third more game.

Like I said in my post above, I also feel like both are grossly overpriced (the base price), these are games that a few years ago would be 15 or 20 max (I'm not even doing the usual Hollow Knight comparison btw, just like any game of the same length and scope these have would be much cheaper 5 years ago).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in my post above, I also feel like both are grossly overpriced (the base price), these are games that a few years ago would be 15 or 20 max (I'm not even doing the usual Hollow Knight comparison btw, just like any game of the same length and scope these have would be much cheaper 5 years ago).
Yeah, overpaying is the worst. I had Sparklite on my wishlist but it seemed a little steep. I don't pre-purchase stuff as much anymore because I want to get hands-on impressions from people.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, overpaying is the worst. I had Sparklite on my wishlist but it seemed a little steep. I don't pre-purchase stuff as much anymore because I want to get hands-on impressions from people.

it's still very much worth it when a sale pops around or something, same for Yaga, they are both good games, just not great games, and certainly not 25€ (again, talking about the base price) worth games imo (of course that is super subjective).

At least Children of Morta (speaking of games I might or not day 1) has been out for awhile on PC so I can freely post my impressions if I buy it without worrying of misleading people, you can go watch one of the many videos on it right now to know if its something you want or not, I guess all we need to know is switch performance at this point.

But reading people going "sounds good ill pick it up" on both Yaga and Sparklite after my posts like I did from at least one person for each gives me anxiety knowing they might have felt disapointed in the end and it's "my fault". It's actually bumming me out because I like doing those posts and now... well not so much anymore :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But reading people going "sounds good ill pick it up" on both Yaga and Sparklite after my posts like I did from at least one person for each gives me anxiety knowing they might have felt disapointed in the end and it's "my fault" :/
I'll wait for sales. I do want to pick up Eliza. but I haven't played my Switch at all since Death Stranding came out. And I'll be playing Fallen Order after that. So my Switch gets a break for a little while.