• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
- Icons

savememrtakotasuketets7c97.jpg
galmetal4yeb7.jpg
mutantfootballleaguedozfax.jpg
legoharrypottercollecx4i66.jpg
skyscrappersb7dyx.jpg
jeopardy36i4l.jpg

deathmark8hdp0.jpg
stevenuniversesavethen9eo9.jpg
okk.o.letsplayheroes4kdfe.jpg
knock-knockrxdz8.jpg
hiddenfolksazfxr.jpg
numbalaxudaw.jpg

transistoromfjl.jpg
grimfandangoremastere3zfnb.jpg
kittylove-waytolookfo9iijx.jpg
elementalknightsreoekc.jpg
riskglobaldomination1ciie.jpg
sportspartyyqecu.jpg

machinariumd9irn.jpg
nightslashersrxfes.jpg
acaneogeopleasuregoal07eyc.jpg
bibiblocksbergbigbrooegeia.jpg
trivialpursuitlive7uebj.jpg
wheeloffortuneqai1c.jpg

diabloiiieternalcolleekeol.jpg
taikonotatsujindrumnf9kctt.jpg
swapthislsejx.jpg
crocsworldnrimc.jpg

- Japan

croixleursigmacki16.jpg
neko-tomoygiza.jpg

- Games without name

Numbala (Row 2)
Grim Fandango Remastered (Row 3)
Machinarium (Row 4)
Diablo III Eternal Collection (Row 5) *It will be updated*

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Oh Gosh! Super Smash Bros Ultimate is £60!! BOTW money territory.

Pre-load is up with a 2x Gold Coin redemption. 13.6 GB.

With Fighter Pass, £82.48.

Horizon Chase Turbo now up for Pre-load, £17.99, 885MB.

OMG!! They're bringing ZX Spectrum game, Saboteur, from 1985, out next week. With the same graphics!!! £6.29. 200MB.

Play with Spectrum graphics or C64 graphics.

Sabotuer%2Bloading%2Bscreen.jpg

Saboteur.gif

For comparison, movie poster of Revenge of the Ninja. The 80's were shameless in their rip-offs.

220px-Revenge_of_the_ninja.jpg

Damn, I played a hell of a lot of 'Saboteur' back as a child, but in its Amstrad CPC 464 version.

Back in the 80s, there was nothing as amazing in video games as to incarnate a ninja :)

Only to think in more Commodore 64 games eventually coming to Switch, my wallet is crying.

I will buy 'Uridium' and 'Werevolves of London' in a heartbeat.

And how amazing it can be to have the Commodore 64 port of 'Luftrausers' in its glorious 60 FPS, improving the rest of versions for modern systems.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Roku's Island
Wizard of legends
Owl boy

Which one? I am almost done with hollow Knight and am eyeing my next game

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Roku's Island
Wizard of legends
Owl boy

Which one? I am almost done with hollow Knight and am eyeing my next game
Do you want another Metroidvania? = Yoku's Island Express.
Do you want a roguelike top-down action game? = Wizard of Legend.
Do you want a platforming adventure with a bigger story focus? = Owlboy.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a Wheel of Fortune game on Switch???? Is it new?

If so more new future content for TheRunawayGuys!

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Some Grip gameplay

And a docked vs undocked comparison:

Thanks, Nate! Game looks nice and solid, right up my alley. Is the combat unlocked at higher levels, or did you just choose to go for straight racing?

Oh, the frame rate looks good...

And now it looks bad...

And now it looks good again.

I'll pass, thanks for the video!
I'm just happy I am insensitive to these things. It's good enough to have fun, that's all I need. :-)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks, Nate! Game looks nice and solid, right up my alley. Is the combat unlocked at higher levels, or did you just choose to go for straight racing?

I'm just happy I am insensitive to these things. It's good enough to have fun, that's all I need. :-)
it seems to be a track/map issue. Runs perfectly smooth on one track in the video, seems to have issues on another. I hope the devs are committed to post launch optimization support for this...

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also damn Super Smash bros is already at no8 on the eShop charts in the U.K, despite being £60 which is £10 higher than the usual price. Never seen a game in this much demand before and I check the charts every couple of days on average.

Reckon it'll do well.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
My copy just shipped, hopefully i'll get it tomorrow !

Nice! Please report back.

I haven't tried Gal Metal, but I've watched this review and it doesn't look very good...

Yeah I watched that one. It's the most negative one I've seen.

OMG!! They're bringing ZX Spectrum game, Saboteur, from 1985, out next week. With the same graphics!!! £6.29. 200MB.

Play with Spectrum graphics or C64 graphics.

Sabotuer%2Bloading%2Bscreen.jpg

Saboteur.gif

For comparison, movie poster of Revenge of the Ninja. The 80's were shameless in their rip-offs.

220px-Revenge_of_the_ninja.jpg

Day one! This is a forgotten gem. I spent hours on this as a kid. I had the whole route through the game memorised. Never managed to get into the second one, though.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

it seems to be a track/map issue. Runs perfectly smooth on one track in the video, seems to have issues on another. I hope the devs are committed to post launch optimization support for this...

Yeah, it looks great on one track, and then you go to the next... I mean, watch from 9m50s on, it's looks bad enough to make the car hard to control.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

I chose to show earlier tournaments, but the later ones have combat or you can do Classic races and have combat in those right away.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, it looks great on one track, and then you go to the next... I mean, watch from 9m50s on, it's looks bad enough to make the car hard to control.
I dunno, I just watched it again to check things out before and after 9:50, and I really can't see any problems. Maybe it's different in person, but it's not like the game suddenly drops to 10 fps or something like that. But then again, I was watching with YouTube set to 720p/60fps, maybe that affected it...

I chose to show earlier tournaments, but the later ones have combat or you can do Classic races and have combat in those right away.
Thanks! Nice to know there's an option to blow s**t up if I need to satisfy my violent tendencies. ;-)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
for the performance spec obsessed out there:

Horizon Chase Turbo
GR: Can you tell more about technical aspects of Switch version (resolution, frame rate in docked and handheld mode, etc)?

AGS: The game runs at 1280 x 720 in haldheld and full 1920 x 1080 when docked. Both modes have stable 60 fps, with 1 or 2 players. And variable 30 - 60 fps with 3 or 4 players split-screen, without any drop in visual quality.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3218...-devs-talk-switch-porting-process-framerate-r

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So many freakin games. DEVS, STOOOP!
I need that 400GB for christmas.

I'm probably gonna buy Taiko and the SNK collection. And whatever good deal there is on the eshop when I'm hungry for games!!

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I just preordered Mercenary Wing. I can't wait to get my SRPG fix. I love tactics games.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018

720p and 60 FPS in portable mode.
Amazing soundtrack.
Use of HD rumble.
Artistic design filled with blue skies and vibrant colors.
Drifting mechanics inspired in the GOAT 'OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast'.

Definitely, 'Horizon Chase Turbo' will be my racing arcade game for the next months :)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing soundtrack.
Use of HD rumble.

Definitely, 'Horizon Chase Turbo' will be my racing arcade game for the next months :)
Awesome, game looks great.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Amazing soundtrack.
Use of HD rumble.

Did they change the OST for switch?
I don't remember the track that plays in the switch trailer from the Android version

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Did they change the OST for switch?
I don't remember the track that plays in the switch trailer from the Android version

I don't know if the track was new, I haven't read anything about changing the soundtrack.

But this version is supposedly based in the enhanced and improved release for Steam and Playstation 4 this year.

So maybe, they also expanded the soundtrack for this release.

I only know that this game plays all the right keys to satisfy my tastes regarding arcade racing games.

I even adore its low-poly art style. It's amazing how in these last years, some developers with some really low budgets, have achieved eye-popping and over the top games in the graphic department by relying in generic assets available in the Unity store. Through superb artistic directions relying in the simple good taste to choose a color palette.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Amazing soundtrack.
Use of HD rumble.

Great news!!!

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I pre-loaded Smash. I only got Smash 4 on 3DS, never bothered with the Wii U version. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to playing Smash, so much so that I hope there's an extensive tutorial.

But what they've shown looks so good to me that I had to pre-load. 2x bonus on the Gold Coins too.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
While Horizon Chase Turbo does look good, I gotta give a shout out to Slipstream, which is one of the best new arcade-style racers I've played. It'd be awesome if it came to Switch.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really got on board with the whole caring about what the icons look like on the Switch, but the icon for Marble it up is really offending me.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
that looks amazing
any console release planned?

'Slipstream' is amazing, but a Switch port is something that will not happen in the short term.

Basically, the game is made by a single developer. He is still adding features to the game via updates.

And most importantly, the game seems to me made in a custom engine instead of in Unity. And Switch development kits for these type games not based in Unity are much more pricey, for a game that hasn't moved so many copies in Steam (based in the number of reviews).

Other thing is that the game is so damn good, that we can probably see some big publisher with access to development kits, getting the rights to port and publish the game in consoles.

The game really deserves to reach a bigger audience.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing soundtrack.
Use of HD rumble.

Yeah, super excited for this one.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Does Astebreed come with the D.E. content of the PS4 version? It'd be crazy if it were a port of the pc version but you never know...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-loaded Smash. I only got Smash 4 on 3DS, never bothered with the Wii U version. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to playing Smash, so much so that I hope there's an extensive tutorial.

But what they've shown looks so good to me that I had to pre-load. 2x bonus on the Gold Coins too.

It takes time to condition and there is a learning curve to adjust to the speed and chaos. Understand that because the biggest hurdle is following the action properly, most give up before they can process it.

I found one of the best ways to learn is focusing on Smash attacks(directional charged hits) and shield. There will be all sorts of nonsense happening but if you kind of start focusing with those two fundamentals first the rest falls into place more naturally after. Reason is that they help ground you from flailing wildly while jumping around aimlessly, which everyone kind of does at first understandably. Acclimating to the timing and feel of a charged smash hit is both satisfying and helps your attention focus on your targets and not "where am I? What is happening?"

Just my thoughts given it was exactly how my friends and I went from disliking Melee at first to playing it constantly way back.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Got Streets of Red because of the sale. Absolutely worth the price right now. Super cool beat em up with a cool continue system. Tryed to went for the true ending and had a game over on the final boss with like 2 combos left for it to die xD

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Icons

savememrtakotasuketets7c97.jpg
galmetal4yeb7.jpg
mutantfootballleaguedozfax.jpg
legoharrypottercollecx4i66.jpg
skyscrappersb7dyx.jpg
jeopardy36i4l.jpg

deathmark8hdp0.jpg
stevenuniversesavethen9eo9.jpg
okk.o.letsplayheroes4kdfe.jpg
knock-knockrxdz8.jpg
hiddenfolksazfxr.jpg
numbalaxudaw.jpg

transistoromfjl.jpg
grimfandangoremastere3zfnb.jpg
kittylove-waytolookfo9iijx.jpg
elementalknightsreoekc.jpg
riskglobaldomination1ciie.jpg
sportspartyyqecu.jpg

machinariumd9irn.jpg
nightslashersrxfes.jpg
acaneogeopleasuregoal07eyc.jpg
bibiblocksbergbigbrooegeia.jpg
trivialpursuitlive7uebj.jpg
wheeloffortuneqai1c.jpg

diabloiiieternalcolleekeol.jpg
taikonotatsujindrumnf9kctt.jpg
swapthislsejx.jpg
crocsworldnrimc.jpg

- Japan

croixleursigmacki16.jpg
neko-tomoygiza.jpg

- Games without name

Numbala (Row 2)
Grim Fandango Remastered (Row 3)
Machinarium (Row 4)
Diablo III Eternal Collection (Row 5) *It will be updated*
Woof, there's a higher number than usual of really bad ones this week and some are from games I would have expected better from. What's with the general regression?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Any early impressions on how Transistor runs?

Took the plunge on Transistor and played about 30 minutes of it and it runs flawlessly and looks even better on the Switch's screen.

I do really hope I get into it this time, though. Bastion is probably my favorite indie game of all time and cemented SuperGiant as one of those devs whose games I will buy day one, sight unseen but for some reason I just couldn't get into Transistor despite loving its world, art, music and pretty much everything on display. Pretty sure I was playing it wrong, so that could be it..

Anyway, just reporting that it runs great and hopefully Pyre will come sooner rather than later.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Took the plunge on Transistor and played about 30 minutes of it and it runs flawlessly and looks even better on the Switch's screen.

I do really hope I get into it this time, though. Bastion is probably my favorite indie game of all time and cemented SuperGiant as one of those devs whose games I will buy day one, sight unseen but for some reason I just couldn't get into Transistor despite loving its world, art, music and pretty much everything on display. Pretty sure I was playing it wrong, so that could be it..

Anyway, just reporting that it runs great and hopefully Pyre will come sooner rather than later.
Funny, I'm exactly the same. Never played far into the PS4 version, and despite loving the look and feel, it never really clicked. Preordered on Switch and I'm pretty confident I can give it the love it deserves this time around.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Funny, I'm exactly the same. Never played far into the PS4 version, and despite loving the look and feel, it never really clicked. Preordered on Switch and I'm pretty confident I can give it the love it deserves this time around.

Same.
Tho I want to give it a try again on my PS+ copy before spending money for it on Switch.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Just started night in the woods, the game is charming af but it does have some frame drops in busier areas. I know nothing about programming but, why do games like these have framerate issues? Certainly the switch should be able to run this game at 60fps with no cutbacks, right?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Just started night in the woods, the game is charming af but it does have some frame drops in busier areas. I know nothing about programming but, why do games like these have framerate issues? Certainly the switch should be able to run this game at 60fps with no cutbacks, right?
I'm also playing Night in the Woods. While I do like the game a lot, all that praise heaped on it everywhere had led me to expect more. I'm kind of underwhelmed, to be honest. Classic case of overhype. Don't regret my purchase or anything, but I wish I had gone in completely blind, with no expectations at all.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
waiiit, is bad north out now?? I thought it was already out for Steam? but I don't see it. and How Long To Beat said it's a 10-20 hours game
literally been out for months.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/bad-north-switch
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Bad-North-1423739.html

Strategy Gamer Bad 80 North strips away just the right amount of complexity and headache that real-time strategy games tend to have, resulting in a core experience that is challenging, rewarding, and very replayable.
PC Gamer 78 Mostly delightful and sometimes punishing, Bad North is a fun alternative to more complex strategy games.
The Digital Fix 70 A lack of variety doesn't mar an otherwise captivating game - it's a compelling strategy and tower defence game.

Digitally Downloaded 90 It's a rare example of where the randomisation of the roguelike structure doesn't feel like a lazy excuse to ignore level design. Rather, it provides a canvas to allow some of the cleanest and engaging tactical action that we've seen in quite some time play out.
Nintendo Life 90 A slice of Viking strategic combat right out of the heart of Scandinavia's indie development scene, Bad North joins the likes of Element at the vanguard of a new wave of smart yet intrinsically accessible real-time strategy titles. With enough enemy variance to convince you you're playing an interactive episode of the Vikings TV show, this endlessly entertaining sea of bite-size battles will teach you to fear - and love - the sound of the oncoming horde.

Eurogamer (Recommended) That crushing nature of the defeat, incidentally, makes the occasional bug all the more infuriating. Once or twice - it is really a very rare thing - I have all but won an island only to find that the last enemy troop simply won't die. It's not that they're the elites, which can take some time to kill, it's that they just won't succumb to any kind of attack, and I'm left with the option to flee in a boat, if I can make it to one, or simply give up. Such problems hardly define the experience, however, which is generally streamlined and pretty and wonderfully unpleasant. Bad North is the perfect title for a concoction like this: this compact strategy game feels frigid and remote and thrillingly nasty.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/bad-north