Oct 27, 2017
Err I bought on PC when it came out of early access. Only thing I heard on Switch was loading times are long.
As for the game, I really like a lot of it (graphics, music, town building, battles which are grid based like turn based strategy games). The Game was balls hard originally but they added sliders to reduce aspects to make it easier so that's no longer an issue. my one thing is the game has a time limit. You are given goals and have to meet them before the time limit is up. Then you live on to the next story best with a new limit etc etc. Most things you do consume time so I always felt like I was being super rushed. There is a lot you can do in the game but not in reality when up against the constant time limit. I don't like Atelier time limits either so if you don't mind that I can easily recommend it.

Thanks, I think I'll think about it a bit more.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Phantasy Star already is on Switch :)

You know, it's funny.

I keep conveniently forgetting Japan has had it for weeks.

Denial soothes the pain.
Well, you were damn right. The game was just delayed to January 31th, with a new trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3eA4GrCws

Phantasy Star can't hog all of the delays for itself. Let's see...

• Dragon: Marked For Death in development for 3DS in 2011
• Resurfaces as a Switch game in August 2017
• Scheduled for release in Winter 2017
• Delayed to 2018
• Scheduled for release in Winter 2018
• Release date set for December 13th, 2018
• Delayed to January 31st, 2019
• Delayed to __________

Appropriate title since we'll all be dead before we get to play it. :P

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
VC2 better be $29.99 on eshop next week like it is on psn

Valkyria Chronicles 4? I'm just shocked it's half-off anywhere this soon after launch. It hasn't even been two months yet. Very untypical of SEGA to slash the price of one of its new releases so drastically so fast. I really hope it sold well enough for them to consider bringing VC2 and 3 to modern platforms...

Oct 25, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles 4? I'm just shocked it's half-off anywhere this soon after launch. It hasn't even been two months yet. Very untypical of SEGA to slash the price of one of its new releases so drastically so fast. I really hope it sold well enough for them to consider bringing VC2 and 3 to modern platforms...
Yeah I meant 4 woops

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
It's an online cashback offer, so got it, but I'm not sure if I can share it in the thread.

It's even better now. You pay £13.9 for a £15 eShop card and get £16 back to your PayPal.

It lasts until Sunday midnight.

I already have Hollow Knight, but thanks!
I don't see why you'd not be able to share a cashback offer here, unless you're somehow connected with the promoter or it relies on referrals.

As for other suggestions, do you already have Into The Breach? Celeste? The Messenger? There are plenty of other suggestions that we could give, but it would be helpful to have a bit of direction as to what types of game you typically enjoy and what you already own. Also bear in mind that we're expecting some form of Black Friday sale towards the end of next week, so you may want to wait for that before buying.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, Radiant Silvergun deserves to escape being a XBLA game like how Ikaruga was able to be ported numerous times.

.......but I really do wish we could get some other, lesser Treasure games like Mischief Makers get ported to something. Guardian Heroes is still XBLA-exclusive. Bangai-O has gotten 2 sequels, but the original is still only on Dreamcast & N64. Gimme a re-release of Silhouette Mirage that wasn't tweaked by Working Designs.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I don't see why you'd not be able to share a cashback offer here, unless you're somehow adjusted with the promoter or it relies on referrals.

As for other suggestions, do you already have Into The Breach? Celeste? The Messenger? There are plenty of other suggestions that we could give, but it would be helpful to have a bit of direction as to what types of game you typically enjoy and what you already own. Also bear in mind that we're expecting some form of Black Friday sale towards the end of next week, so you may want to wait for that before buying.

The Breach seems interesting! Also, do you know if I can buy Fighters Pass from UK? I will get SSBU from the US.

It relies on the use of a referral link. I got the method from Pixelpar's tweets. Without the referral it's only £6 (vs £16 if you use a sign up link), so I can't share it directly in the thread but you PM me if you are interested.

It's only for those who sign up before Sunday midnight (you can buy the gift card on Zeek anytime) so it might be worth for you if you don't mind using UK eShop to spend the redeem the card.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
The Breach seems interesting! Also, do you know if I can buy Fighters Pass from UK? I will get SSBU from the US.

It relies on the use of a referral link. I got the method from Pixelpar's tweets. Without the referral it's only £6 (vs £16 if you use a sign up link), so I can't share it directly in the thread but you PM me if you are interested.

It's only for those who sign up before Sunday midnight (you can buy the gift card on Zeek anytime) so it might be worth for you if you don't mind using UK eShop to spend the redeem the card.

Ah, it's via Quidco sign-up - I'm already a long-term user there, so no luck. Thanks for clarifying.

Into The Breach is fantasic, immensely satisfying and tactically deep - if you have any liking for the genre at all, of expect you to love it. Many people view it as their 2018 GOTY, so buy with confidence.

For the SSBU Fighters Pass, I expect that buying cross-region should be fine given other experiences that I've read, but haven't tried this myself with DLC or, of course, with SSBU specifically.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SEGA is such trash. What reason could there be for the delay?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Just gave Paladins a shot with the new gyro patch.

This game definitely being added to my rotation.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal

I second this.

I already had Paladins on that list of games to play whenever i don't have a new game to try but with this new gyro patch it got a lot better.

I also think this gyro implementation feels a lot smoother to aim than comparing to the fortnite gyro controls.
My opinion at least, it can also be the 60fps effect.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

The developers have really done an excellent job maintaining Paladins with new updates. The Switch starts to get a really nice collection of F2P games now with Fortnite, Paladins, Warframe.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While we're on the subject, it should be noted that Paladins will soon be getting cross-platform progression, like Fortnite.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
So guys are we expecting some black friday sales on the eshop? I have like 30 indie games I want to buy, but I am always looking to save a buck or two.

Ritoo

Jun 5, 2018
I just bought 2 days ago Sky force Reloaded for 5$ on promotion south Africa shop and this game is like crack..I can't stop playing this,lots of replay value..

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought 2 days ago Sky force Reloaded for 5$ on promotion south Africa shop and this game is like crack..I can't stop playing this,lots of replay value..
Was almost going to start a thread about this game! Did the same, got it in a sale and I can't put it down! There's a second Sky Force game also on sale right now so make sure you don't miss that one.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Game of the Day

qut0xvzgmmiqjenbycmkb4hcl4.jpg

Your home is under attack. The king is dead at the hands of Viking invaders. Hope is a distant glimmer in the fog, fading fast with every passing moment. As you rise to take your father's place as ruler, it will fall to you to stage your defenses. But make no mistake – this is no fight for victory, but a desperate grasp for survival.

Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders, as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island. Everything is at stake: fail, and watch the blood of your subjects stain the ground red.

It's charmingly brutal, with beautiful procedurally-generated islands and adorable soldiers juxtaposed against the blood-stained realities of war. You control the broad strokes of the battle, giving high level commands to your soldiers who try their best to carry them out in the heat of the moment. It's accessibly deep, with simple player inputs masking a dynamic combat simulation that make it inviting to new players while challenging veterans.

Keep fighting, warriors. Not for power or riches or glory, but for hope of peace to come once again in the harsh lands of the Bad North.

Key Features

REAL-TIME TACTICS ROGUELITE
: Position and relocate your troops to fend off the Vikings, who each have their own counters to the threats you pose. Pick your battles and plan your evacuations carefully! Lose a commander and they're gone forever; lose everything, and it's game over!

INTELLIGENT UNIT CONTROLS:
You command the broad strokes of your defenses and monitor positioning — your soldiers do the rest, navigating and engaging intuitively in response to the situation at hand.

PROCEDURALLY-GENERATED ISLANDS: Each island is both stylistically charming and unique in its layout. Plan your strategies around every nook and cranny, for you only get one chance to save them from the enemy invasion.

UNLOCKABLE UPGRADES: A stronger, smarter defense leads to greater rewards. Use these to develop your subjects from a ragtag militia into seasoned warriors.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

$14.99/€14.99/£13.49 - NA web - EU web

11/17 - Pool Panic
11/16 - OSM: Old School Musical
11/15 - Runner3
11/14 - Poi: Explorer Edition
11/13 - Chess Ultra
11/12 - Bomber Crew

Ritoo

Jun 5, 2018
Was almost going to start a thread about this game! Did the same, got it in a sale and I can't put it down! There's a second Sky Force game also on sale right now so make sure you don't miss that one.

anniversary edition yes I saw that one, but this ads anything to reloaded edition?

Reloaded edition for what I saw have more the grind aspect,and ship upgrade the anniversary edition is more simple in that aspect

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So I'm about half way through INSIDE, and it's pretty... boring so far? It's had it's moments of interesting moments, but for a game so highly praised... Is all the real good stuff on the back half? It's been an interesting walking puzzle sim, the things that go on in the background ARE interested , but it's also developing so so slowly, I feel like I go long stretches with nothing interesting happening. I feel like I should stay with it because of all the praise this game has got, but man it's been a slow burn so far.

I loved the whole game so my pow is different even tho I can see where you're coming from, either way stick with it because the game is short and it's a crescendo from the latter half till the amazing final sequence.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that GameStop is gonna have Snipperclips for $10, wonder if this'll apply to it being on sale on the eShop.

Speaking of, how much single player content does that have? I finally got the chance to try the demo a month ago with my friend & we both had fun with it. Not sure when I'd get to play with him again, but if there's some single player stuff that I could play while waiting for a chance to play with someone else, I might nab it.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
So I'm about half way through INSIDE, and it's pretty... boring so far? It's had it's moments of interesting moments, but for a game so highly praised... Is all the real good stuff on the back half? It's been an interesting walking puzzle sim, the things that go on in the background ARE interested , but it's also developing so so slowly, I feel like I go long stretches with nothing interesting happening. I feel like I should stay with it because of all the praise this game has got, but man it's been a slow burn so far.

It's a classic-style puzzle-platformer. It's a cerebral puzzle solving experience punctuated with a light amount of time-critical action. The atmosphere and story, minimalist though it is, is half the experience. Inside tells a sci-fi horror story. It's also a pretty good puzzle platformer in terms of controls and puzzles.

I'd say the second half is stronger than the first half. That said, it's still fundamentally the same type of game.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Game of the Day

qut0xvzgmmiqjenbycmkb4hcl4.jpg

Your home is under attack. The king is dead at the hands of Viking invaders. Hope is a distant glimmer in the fog, fading fast with every passing moment. As you rise to take your father's place as ruler, it will fall to you to stage your defenses. But make no mistake – this is no fight for victory, but a desperate grasp for survival.

Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders, as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island. Everything is at stake: fail, and watch the blood of your subjects stain the ground red.

It's charmingly brutal, with beautiful procedurally-generated islands and adorable soldiers juxtaposed against the blood-stained realities of war. You control the broad strokes of the battle, giving high level commands to your soldiers who try their best to carry them out in the heat of the moment. It's accessibly deep, with simple player inputs masking a dynamic combat simulation that make it inviting to new players while challenging veterans.

Keep fighting, warriors. Not for power or riches or glory, but for hope of peace to come once again in the harsh lands of the Bad North.

Key Features

REAL-TIME TACTICS ROGUELITE
: Position and relocate your troops to fend off the Vikings, who each have their own counters to the threats you pose. Pick your battles and plan your evacuations carefully! Lose a commander and they're gone forever; lose everything, and it's game over!

INTELLIGENT UNIT CONTROLS:
You command the broad strokes of your defenses and monitor positioning — your soldiers do the rest, navigating and engaging intuitively in response to the situation at hand.

PROCEDURALLY-GENERATED ISLANDS: Each island is both stylistically charming and unique in its layout. Plan your strategies around every nook and cranny, for you only get one chance to save them from the enemy invasion.

UNLOCKABLE UPGRADES: A stronger, smarter defense leads to greater rewards. Use these to develop your subjects from a ragtag militia into seasoned warriors.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

$14.99/€14.99/£13.49 - NA web - EU web

11/17 - Pool Panic
11/16 - OSM: Old School Musical
11/15 - Runner3
11/14 - Poi: Explorer Edition
11/13 - Chess Ultra
11/12 - Bomber Crew

Looks pretty cool!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just saw that GameStop is gonna have Snipperclips for $10, wonder if this'll apply to it being on sale on the eShop.

Speaking of, how much single player content does that have? I finally got the chance to try the demo a month ago with my friend & we both had fun with it. Not sure when I'd get to play with him again, but if there's some single player stuff that I could play while waiting for a chance to play with someone else, I might nab it.

Oooh, I'm so on that. Just checked the ad and it shows "Full Game Download", and looks like it's only the vanilla version, not Plus. But $10 is an excellent deal; it's never been discounted on the US eShop.

Ad also says "SAVE 80% OFF on select Nintendo Switch downloadable games and content", so we should even see some DLC discounts as well. And I'm curious to see what game gets marked down to "80% off". (Yes, singular. Because there's always that one crappy thing that gets the deep price cut while the rest is middling (except Snipperclips), to make the sale promo sound better than what it actually is. lol)

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
'
Ah, it's via Quidco sign-up - I'm already a long-term user there, so no luck. Thanks for clarifying.

Into The Breach is fantasic, immensely satisfying and tactically deep - if you have any liking for the genre at all, of expect you to love it. Many people view it as their 2018 GOTY, so buy with confidence.

For the SSBU Fighters Pass, I expect that buying cross-region should be fine given other experiences that I've read, but haven't tried this myself with DLC or, of course, with SSBU specifically.

Count me along those who love Into the Breach. It may not be my #1 GOTY (Probably Smash or MM11) but it's easily my #1 eShop game of the year. I have 45 hours on it and it was only a $15 game. Absolutely insane. It's a game that I feel like "I'm done" but then I come.back like once a week for a run. Game is so wonderfully designed.

Cool, I'll need to redownload it and give it a shot. I burned 75 hours into Splatoon 2, I'm good in that game but I could be into another gyro aiming shooter. Excited to try out this Warframe thing this week too.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I would not recommend Snipperclips for a single player. It's basically the two-player campaign, but you alternate between the two characters.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I would not recommend Snipperclips for a single player. It's basically the two-player campaign, but you alternate between the two characters.
I wouldn't recommend Snipperclips to non-gamers, personally. At least that was my case. The game requires you to have precision and accuracy to complete a level, and because of the uh... "finnicky" loose controls, it can be very hard for people who are non-gamers to deal with the slight analog movements to make pieces fit juuuust right. I think the game should've allowed you to "pass" a level if you were just close enough, and then use a 1-2-3 star scoring system for how accurate you were in making pieces fit, but they don't: you have to get everything perfect to complete a level. It took away a lot of the fun of the game because there are times where you feel like you're making pieces fit, but the game wants you to be spot-on, not just close enough.

My wife didn't enjoy the game too much and we never finished it. So be sure your 2nd player has some experience with gaming in general, I didn't find my that young kids could really handle the level of precision needed either.

There'a a bunch of other eShop co-op games that I would recommend over Snipperclips at this point in the Switch's library, Snipperclips stood out on launch, but it's not something I would regard highly now with the richer library. There's a demo on the eShop, and for $10 sale, you could do worse.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I wouldn't recommend Snipperclips to non-gamers, personally. At least that was my case. The game requires you to have precision and accuracy to complete a level, and because of the uh... "finnicky" loose controls, it can be very hard for people who are non-gamers to deal with the slight analog movements to make pieces fit juuuust right.
I have to disagree; I never felt that the requirements to pass a level were excessively finicky. If anything I think the game is well suited for non-gamers, especially since there isn't any time limit to the levels and the goals are clearly defined. There's also a pleasant "a-ha!" moment when you figure out the solution to a level.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I have to disagree; I never felt that the requirements to pass a level were excessively finicky. If anything I think the game is well suited for non-gamers, especially since there isn't any time limit to the levels and the goals are clearly defined. There's also a pleasant "a-ha!" moment when you figure out the solution to a level.

I tell you what, my kids LOVED the four player battle modes. They're absolutely hilarious, if not shallow. It's something you play for about 30 minutes and you're done with, but it's one of the funnest 30 minute multiplayer experiences that I can remember my kids enjoying on Switch.