• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Bought Super Crush KO immediately since it was on a release discount. Also, why did I not purchase Nuclear Throne earlier? It's the only thing I've been playing on my Switch other than a few matches of ARMS for the last week. Been playing as Plant, but I've unlocked Y.V. and have only played as them since.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Damn so my secondary Switch does not read game cards. I don't even get the message that the game can't be booted, it just straight up never shows up on the home screen that there's a card inserted. I've trained powering down, restarting, blowing the cartridge slot, using spray in there, nothing. I put in a fresh game card and the icon never shows up.... I tried all five of my game cards, nothing shows up. On my other Switch they always show up. So its definitely hardware

At least 98% of my Switch library is all digital and this is my secondary my daughter uses and she has no game cards anyway, but still. I guess I need to call Nintendo? I'm worried they would wipe the Switch clean and she would lose her Pokemon save file. That's more important to me (her) than the game card slot working...
If the Pokemon save is the most important thing, I would probably wait until she's done with the game. Since there is no way to back it up yourself, I wouldn't trust Nintendo not to wipe the system or send out a refurb instead of repairing it.
You can transfer her save data to your Switch (this can be done for all her saves or for specific games), this is something that can be done for absolutely all games.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Also, why did I not purchase Nuclear Throne earlier? It's the only thing I've been playing on my Switch other than a few matches of ARMS for the last week. Been playing as Plant, but I've unlocked Y.V. and have only played as them since.

Have Nuclear Throne on my PS4, the Nintendo price is a tad too much to double-dip. Instead, I purchased Blazing Beaks for a few quid when it was on sale recently, which has a similar vibe.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
anyone know how to fix the gyro controls on fortnite using a pro controller?
it for some reason refuses to accept motion controls from it when im using it but still accepts all input from the joycons. makes no sense

There is something in setting you can change to fix that. I don't remember what it was though and can't check because it's not installed my console anymore. Try everything that seems related.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in awe after finishing Stories Untold.

I think I haven't experienced anything like it in gaming at least in the storytelling department.

I know it's not a game for everybody, but it clicked all the right spots for me. I guess being an 80s teen who grew up with a ZX Spectrum and loving what we called conversational games (text-based adventures) has something to do with it XD, but man, what an exceptional ride. It got me so hooked that I finished it in two sittings. At first I thought it was going to be a somewhat generic horror game with an 80s setting but as the story unfolds… I couldn't be more wrong.

I can't talk much about the game without spoiling parts of the story as there's some kind of a hidden narrative in there (I knew nothing about this game until Devolver announced a few days ago it was being released on the Switch), but in summary it's an episodic point-and-click-ish text adventure game where you spend most of the time reading and solving puzzles in front of a table (or two, with a button to switch between them) as the story unfolds in front of you.

There are four episodes which will unlock right after you finish the previous one, and each one lasts about 45 minutes/1 hour, so expect the game to be finished in about 4 hours. Take in mind that you can't save in the middle of the episodes (I can understand that design choice for the sake of immersion after playing it).

Each one takes place in a different setting: one in front of a desk with a ZX Spectrum 128K <3, an old CRT TV where you are playing a text-based adventure game called The House Abandon, and another one in front of what seems to be some kind of laboratory where you have to follow the instructions to make experiments to a subject inside a box, and… that's it, I can't tell more without spoiling things.

If you like text-based adventures, point and click games, nicely written stories (oh, and the voice actors are great), with small touches of horror and sci-fi, give it a chance. Just one thing, once you start the game, finish it.

The game may be on the short side for some (4 hours to me is just about a perfect lenght), but for 9,99 € is a steal IMO.

---

The trailer and some screenshots (not from the Switch version as I didn't grab any… the story had me hooked so much that I forgot to, and I use to take a lot of screenshots XD but the game looks fine on the Switch at least in portable mode (I'm 100% handheld):

EB208E4F867E726BCF85FDA42BBB83C851A06EEB

86083BAD2DC7563407927C35515608109DCF9760

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
How's the framerate in demons tilt and Jamestown?

Don't know about Demon's Tilt (it lacks the marvelous light shading effects of the other versions, that much I know) because I only tried it for 5 minutes (but a couple hours on Xbox's Gamepass) but Jamestown + is 60fps. It can have some slowdowns on higher difficulties/super frantic situations but they're part of the gameplay itself, what you'd expect from a true STG after all :-)
All in all even framerate-wise it's a great release. I played 20+ hours on PS4 and didn't see any differences at all on Switch.

*BUT* I have no idea how it performs in multiplayer (which is up to 4 players a la Gigawing), I haven't touched mp at all

SuperCharlie78 thanks for the shout, I had missed it and I gotta take every chance I get to pimp Jamestown, I want great STGs to be successful on the console

I think I haven't experienced anything like it in gaming at least in the storytelling department.

I know it's not a game for everybody, but it clicked all the right spots for me. I guess being an 80s teen who grew up with a ZX Spectrum and loving what we called conversational games (text-based adventures) has something to do with it XD, but man, what an exceptional ride. It got me so hooked that I finished it in two sittings. At first I thought it was going to be a somewhat generic horror game with an 80s setting but as the story unfolds… I couldn't be more wrong.

I can't talk much about the game without spoiling parts of the story as there's some kind of a hidden narrative in there (I knew nothing about this game until Devolver announced a few days ago it was being released on the Switch), but in summary it's an episodic point-and-click-ish text adventure game where you spend most of the time reading and solving puzzles in front of a table (or two, with a button to switch between them) as the story unfolds in front of you.

There are four episodes which will unlock right after you finish the previous one, and each one lasts about 45 minutes/1 hour, so expect the game to be finished in about 4 hours. Take in mind that you can't save in the middle of the episodes (I can understand that design choice for the sake of immersion after playing it).

Each one takes place in a different setting: one in front of a desk with a ZX Spectrum 128K <3, an old CRT TV where you are playing a text-based adventure game called The House Abandon, and another one in front of what seems to be some kind of laboratory where you have to follow the instructions to make experiments to a subject inside a box, and… that's it, I can't tell more without spoiling things.

If you like text-based adventures, point and click games, nicely written stories (oh, and the voice actors are great), with small touches of horror and sci-fi, give it a chance. Just one thing, once you start the game, finish it.

The game may be on the short side for some (4 hours to me is just about a perfect lenght), but for 9,99 € is a steal IMO.

---

The trailer and some screenshots (not from the Switch version as I didn't grab any… the story had me hooked so much that I forgot to, and I use to take a lot of screenshots XD but the game looks fine on the Switch at least in portable mode (I'm 100% handheld):

Great impressions, thanks for sharing, sounds very intriguing

edit: OrakioRob bwahahahahahaah XD

Last edited:

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Let's give Detana Twinbee a try...

What a pretty game! Life is beautiful! Oh, look at those wonderful strawberries!

EOpmJj9UEAMtQko

I'll grab some and...

Ok, I'll avoid the strawberries from now on.

#cutethemups4life

Last edited:

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Some quick Super Crush KO impressions...
Super-Crush-KO.jpg

Pros:
-The combat is very satisfying and feels like a 2D Bayonetta or DMC
-Gameplay mechanics are easy to pick up but isn't something you can master easily.The tutorial is also done very well
-Level designs have a lot of platforms that encourage you to utilize your entire moveset
-Replay value seems decent so far(after 1 playthrough) since getting a high score and S+ Rank is a challenge. The game also keeps you notfied on how well you're doing by placing your rank on the screen during levels
-Leaderboards and score tracking are done well here. I was playing the game while at a dog park (no Wifi) but was still able to upload all of my scores later.
-I really like the art style and character designs. Those vibrant colors with the city skyline contantly in the background looks very good.
-Framerate is good, even when there's a lot happening on the screen
-Soundtrack matches the art style and lighthearted vibe of the game. Downtown Sidewalk and West West Pine West (North) <3

Cons:
-The game is waaaaaaaay too short. I beat it in 3 hours
-There is this weird pause when you gain health after defeating enemies
-Story is stale
-Enemy variety is just not there

The game is indeed fun to play and I enjoyed my time with it.
However, $15 for a 3 hour game is kind of pushing it imo. If you aren't a big fan or Bayonetta/DMC, 2D Brawlers, or like replaying games to get a high rank on leaderboards then you might want to wait for a price drop.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, there's plenty of games not supporting save data transfer. Trials Rising for instance is one of them.
Ok my bad, but I googled this now, and saw only Trials Rising. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy is also mentioned in some places, but the save data does transfer in a profile transfer, just not in a manual transfer of the game save on its own. So as far as I can tell, the only game where there seems to be no existing solution is apparently Trials Rising.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

---

I have been eyeing this one up, but the text adventure aspect has me concerned. Do you have to actually type on the Switch?

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
So, any accessible (read: easy as shit) shoot'em up for the switch you would recommend? I bought TF IV but it's kicking my sorry ass badly... I like them but are either too reliant on memorization (bad if you play just from time to time) or demand jedi reflexes...or are sky force, which is nice but grindy AF. Back in the day I enjoyed Ikaruga, nowadays even fucking MUSHA is hard enough for me 😭

Dec 2, 2019
So, any accessible (read: easy as shit) shoot'em up for the switch you would recommend? I bought TF IV but it's kicking my sorry ass badly... I like them but are either too reliant on memorization (bad if you play just from time to time) or demand jedi reflexes...or are sky force, which is nice but grindy AF. Back in the day I enjoyed Ikaruga, nowadays even fucking MUSHA is hard enough for me 😭
Danmaku Unlimited 3.

This game is RIDICULOUSLY cheap and, more importantly, it's a blast.

Even more, it's perfect for newcomers, it has a lot of difficulty levels and you can beat the game at the lowest without issues. Then you can challenge yourself by lifting up the difficulty.

It's on the bullet hell side of shmups, it has a gorgeous visual style and great soundtrack. Performance is buttery smooth and, of course, you can play in TATE mode.

I'll just summon Dash Kappei for second time in a day so he can confirm all this XD

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Sundered tonight and I'm very impressed so far.

The combat and movement feels very smooth, fast and fluid. It looks rather lovely on my Lite screen. I've only died once so I've only been able to use the skill tree the one time, but I was quite impressed by how large it was, and also by how many things I was able to unlock using my shards. It really felt like the things I'd unlocked would make a big difference for my next run through.

And do you know what the best thing was? Difficulty options! So many of these type of games don't have that, and because I'm generally rubbish at gaming, I was very happy to see that I could play it on easy.

Also, I liked the way that when you die you don't start the whole game from the beginning again, and that your progress in the map is still unlocked.

For some reason I had the idea in my head that this was another full-on rogue like game, but maybe I've got my wires crossed somewhere.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I don't know how Golf Peaks ended in my library, but I'm glad to finally find a puzzle game which doesn't make me feel like a glorified chimpanzee. Perfect game to relax after being ranked #2 several times at Tetris 99 (I'll never win that).

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

While Dragon Blaze is known as a very challenging shoot 'em up, you can adjust the difficulty level. It's pretty easy on difficulty level 1 and you can make it more difficult little by little as you improve (maximum level is 7).

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

---

Oh, wow. I knew absolutely nothing of this game, and now it's on my radar. Thanks for this.

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some quick Super Crush KO impressions...
Super-Crush-KO.jpg

Pros:
-The combat is very satisfying and feels like a 2D Bayonetta or DMC
-Gameplay mechanics are easy to pick up but isn't something you can master easily.The tutorial is also done very well
-Level designs have a lot of platforms that encourage you to utilize your entire moveset
-Replay value seems decent so far(after 1 playthrough) since getting a high score and S+ Rank is a challenge. The game also keeps you notfied on how well you're doing by placing your rank on the screen during levels
-Leaderboards and score tracking are done well here. I was playing the game while at a dog park (no Wifi) but was still able to upload all of my scores later.
-I really like the art style and character designs. Those vibrant colors with the city skyline contantly in the background looks very good.
-Framerate is good, even when there's a lot happening on the screen
-Soundtrack matches the art style and lighthearted vibe of the game. Downtown Sidewalk and West West Pine West (North) <3

Cons:
-The game is waaaaaaaay too short. I beat it in 3 hours
-There is this weird pause when you gain health after defeating enemies
-Story is stale
-Enemy variety is just not there

The game is indeed fun to play and I enjoyed my time with it.
However, $15 for a 3 hour game is kind of pushing it imo. If you aren't a big fan or Bayonetta/DMC, 2D Brawlers, or like replaying games to get a high rank on leaderboards then you might want to wait for a price drop.

Ya I enjoyed enough to beat it the same day I bought it which is rare. It has a good flow to combat though I wish it had more variety. I was also expecting more (ie challenge modes) once I beat it. $10 would've been a better price for this game.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Danmaku Unlimited 3.

This game is RIDICULOUSLY cheap and, more importantly, it's a blast.

Even more, it's perfect for newcomers, it has a lot of difficulty levels and you can beat the game at the lowest without issues. Then you can challenge yourself by lifting up the difficulty.

It's on the bullet hell side of shmups, it has a gorgeous visual style and great soundtrack. Performance is buttery smooth and, of course, you can play in TATE mode.

I'll just summon Dash Kappei for second time in a day so he can confirm all this XD

lol I kinda agree in a sense, but only partly 😅 I agree because it's a great shmup but if we go by the characteristic @karlinen is looking for then I don't think that's it.
I apologize if I repeat myself and you guys are getting kinda annoyed by that but I swear I have no horse in this race, my opinion and thus recommendation is solely based around what I feel is his best option:

JAMESTOWN+

Here we go again:

J+ has 5 different difficulty levels that you'll want to beat to unlock extra levels (7 in total instead of 5), extra weapons and loadout customization and new ships (iirc 7), and a great challenge mode with plenty of cool new ways to approach a level/boss/etc.

Fantastic graphics reminiscent of Cave's but distinctive enough to be its own thing, an audiovisual package that rivals the cream of the crop: a team of 3 pulled off something on par with the best in the genre. A ton of content, especially for the + version (Jamestown+) that wasn't available before (now all versions have been patched into +), meaningful unlocks but without the grind.
It's the PERFECT entry-point for not-skilled STGs players and bullet hell newcomers to Cave's vault and its tributes, with super solid shooting and a scoring hook centered on very simple and easy to grasp, yet addicting and satisfying, core mechanics. It's built for making you improve without even being aware of it at first, no need watching hours long superplay DVDs, just play and have fun. It's also perfect to play on the Switch/TV since it's a full widescreen a.r. vertical STG, customized loadout that are cool to try and learn without needing to be a nuclear engineering major, 4 players co-op, online leaderboards, great performance on Switch with flawless and responsive controls and smooth framerate and so on and on...

Well, next time I'll just copy/paste this shit instead of writing it again for the nth time, lol

Btw, also for SuperCharlie78 , you can find my FC in the forum's profile if you want to shoot me a friend request. Tried looking for yours but couldn't find any

Oct 28, 2017
Looking for a new Switch game, between Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3. Help me decide.

I love the original LA but the game performance (framerate dips) worries me (has this been fixed?). But looks gorgeous and always love me some classic Zelda.

I always hear good things about LM3 (also I hear it looks amazing). I never played LM2 so not sure if that matters. And while I enjoyed the first game way back when, it was a little repetitive.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looking for a new Switch game, between Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3. Help me decide.

I love the original LA but the game performance (framerate dips) worries me (has this been fixed?). But looks gorgeous and always love me some classic Zelda.

I always hear good things about LM3 (also I hear it looks amazing). I never played LM2 so not sure if that matters. And while I enjoyed the first game way back when, it was a little repetitive.
As far as I know, LA has not been fixed in terms of frame rate. LM3 is a great game and seems pretty varied (not beaten it yet) so it doesn't have the sameness of the first. Bosses are quite fun too. My major problem is I play inverted so the controls get a little wonky for me (which might be a design choice as Luigi is supposed to be scraped/uncoordinated in the game. LM also has online multiplayer and couch multiplayer with upcoming DLC. Better than the extras in LA.

don't think you can go wrong with either though as the core game play is good in each and both look/sound gorgeous.

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

LM3 by far...The performance issues in LA were never fixed and they are pretty glaring. The puzzles in LA are pretty obtuse and the dungeons really drag.

Dec 2, 2019
lol I kinda agree in a sense, but only partly 😅 I agree because it's a great shmup but if we go by the characteristic @karlinen is looking for then I don't think that's it.
I apologize if I repeat myself and you guys are getting kinda annoyed by that but I swear I have no horse in this race, my opinion and thus recommendation is solely based around what I feel is his best option:

JAMESTOWN+

Here we go again:

J+ has 5 different difficulty levels that you'll want to beat to unlock extra levels (7 in total instead of 5), extra weapons and loadout customization and new ships (iirc 7), and a great challenge mode with plenty of cool new ways to approach a level/boss/etc.

Fantastic graphics reminiscent of Cave's but distinctive enough to be its own thing, an audiovisual package that rivals the cream of the crop: a team of 3 pulled off something on par with the best in the genre. A ton of content, especially for the + version (Jamestown+) that wasn't available before (now all versions have been patched into +), meaningful unlocks but without the grind.
It's the PERFECT entry-point for not-skilled STGs players and bullet hell newcomers to Cave's vault and its tributes, with super solid shooting and a scoring hook centered on very simple and easy to grasp, yet addicting and satisfying, core mechanics. It's built for making you improve without even being aware of it at first, no need watching hours long superplay DVDs, just play and have fun. It's also perfect to play on the Switch/TV since it's a full widescreen a.r. vertical STG, customized loadout that are cool to try and learn without needing to be a nuclear engineering major, 4 players co-op, online leaderboards, great performance on Switch with flawless and responsive controls and smooth framerate and so on and on...

Well, next time I'll just copy/paste this shit instead of writing it again for the nth time, lol

Btw, also for SuperCharlie78 , you can find my FC in the forum's profile if you want to shoot me a friend request. Tried looking for yours but couldn't find any
Yeah Jamestown is great. But you have to play it at high difficulty levels to unlock everything, as you said.

He's looking for a "easy as shit" shmup, so I thought Danmaku 3 would fit because you can beat the game in a relaxing way. And it's dirty cheap, like you can't really regret those 9€. It goes on sale often, too, last time it was 2,24€ lol

p.s. I didn't upload my FC in my profile, but I'll send you a friend request asap (Charlie19)

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 21 - Ember - N-Fusion - $19.99/€17.99 - 3.9 GB
  • 21 - Caveman Chuck - PrimeBit Games - $4.00/€4.00 - 213 MB
    --
  • 22 - Football, Tactics & Glory - Toplitz Productions - $39.99/€39.99 - 1.0 GB
    --
  • 23 - 198X - Hi-Bit Studios/8-4 - $9.99/€9.99 - 470 MB
  • 23 - PuPaiPo Space Deluxe - BolHut - $4.99/€4.99 - 228 MB
  • 23 - Mosaic - Raw Fury - $19.99/€17.99 - 1.8 GB
  • 23 - Fantasy Zone - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • 23 - Shinobi - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • 23 - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - Oddworld Inhabitants - $29.99/€29.99 - 962 MB
  • 23 - SpeedRunners - tinyBuild Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 604 MB
  • 23 - Sleep Attack - Bad Seed - $6.99/€6.99 - 604 MB
  • 23 - Escape From Chernobyl - Atypical Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 23 - Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf - HeroCraft - $17.99/€17.99 - 4.1 GB
  • 23 - Assemblance - Nilo Studios - $7.99 - 1.2 GB
  • 23 - Jewel Wars - Tom Create - $9.99/€8.99 - 189 MB
  • 23 - Sinless - Forever Ent. - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.1 GB
  • 23 - OmoTomO - Forever Ent. - $9.99/€9.99 - 763 MB
  • 23 - Dual Brain Vol.2: Reflex - D-O - $14.99/€13.99 - 128 MB
  • 23 - Classic Snake Adventures - Crazysoft - $8.95/€8.95 - 211 MB
  • 23 - Just Glide - Cool Small Games - $1.19/€1.19 - 93 MB
    --
  • 24 - FoxyLand 2 - Ratalaika Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 39 MB
  • 24 - Orn: The Tiny Forest Sprite - Five12 Games - €9.99 - 4.1 GB
  • 24 - Lumini - 2Awesome Studio - $9.99/€9.99 - 918 MB
  • 24 - Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest - Ultimate Games - $16.99/€16.99 - 3.0 GB

- Japan

• 23 - Void Terrarium - Nippon Ichi - ¥7,678
  • 23 - Murasama no Sword Breaker - Regista - ¥1,496

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
PuPaiPo Space Deluxe looks neat and is pretty cheap, will wait for reviews before thinking of purchasing.

I'm wondering when UNICLR's getting a page on the NA eshop.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you're worried about the performance issues in Link's Awakening, don't buy it, they haven't been fixed. I personally noticed them, but had zero issues with them impacting my enjoyment. I absolutely loved this remake. Maybe grab it if the game ever goes on sale.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is an absolutely fantastic game though and I'd highly recommend it. And performance is great.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

Take Luigi and play the original Link's Awakening somewhere else. The point of the remake was to bring technical enhancements since it's 1:1 with the original. And it somehow fails at that since the framerate is highly unstable to the point of being legitimately jarring. Also, and that's only opinion, I think that Link's Awakening aged worse than many would want to admit.
Luigi on the other hand is a fully original game, and one of the best of last year. It also has more content, has upcoming DLCs, and it''s also technical masterpiece on the Switch.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Take Luigi and play the original Link's Awakening somewhere else. The point of the remake was to bring technical enhancements since it's 1:1 with the original. And it somehow fails at that since the framerate is highly unstable to the point of being legitimately jarring. Also, and that's only opinion, I think that Link's Awakening aged worse than many would want to admit.
Luigi on the other hand is a fully original game, and one of the best of last year. It also has more content, has upcoming DLCs, and it''s also technical masterpiece on the Switch.

As someone who only played the original Link's Awakening a few years ago, I mostly agree with zakatana. If you're into classic Zelda, the original is still very playable, so if the remake has technical issues, I would definitely go with the original. Unless the improved graphics are very important to you, but in that case, you might be expecting a more modern game out of the remake than you're going to get.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017

Link's Awakening is fantastic and remains one of my top 10 favorite games of all time, but it is a pretty straightforward remake. I think the performance is perfectly adequate, but it would have been better served if they had just locked it at 30 FPS.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a phenomenal game and absolutely gorgeous. You don't need to have played Luigi's Mansion 2 to play it. If you thought Luigi's Mansion got repetitive after a while you might feel the same way about Luigi's Mansion 3.

You can't really go wrong with either choice. Personally I'd go with Link's Awakening though.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah Jamestown is great. But you have to play it at high difficulty levels to unlock everything, as you said.

He's looking for a "easy as shit" shmup, so I thought Danmaku 3 would fit because you can beat the game in a relaxing way. And it's dirty cheap, like you can't really regret those 9€. It goes on sale often, too, last time it was 2,24€ lol

p.s. I didn't upload my FC in my profile, but I'll send you a friend request asap (Charlie19)

well Jamestown's Normal is like "Super Easy" compared to 99% of STGs out there so... 😂 and you can unlock all the levels even if you're a bad player, after all it's basically one level and with 2 continues, I mean my brother has done it 😁😁 I think the difficult part comes only from the Gauntlet and the challenges.

Anyway, gotcha, my FC is on my profile here :)

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Unexpectedly I got really addicted to Virtua Racing over the weekend after picking it up in the last sale. The low poly look is just gorgeous and it's fast as fuck. The handling is just great and nuanced enough that you can approach corners in different ways and still get good times. Amazing how well it holds up considering it's one of the first 3D racing games.
Any other good racing games on Switch? Eyeing Horizon Chase Turbo, can anyone vouch for it? Really want just a more pure racer without items and stuff.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any other good racing games on Switch? Eyeing Horizon Chase Turbo, can anyone vouch for it? Really want just a more pure racer without items and stuff.
That's exactly what I'd recommend (well, that and VR and you've already got that!). Horizon is a wonderful racer, I love the aesthetic it goes for, its incredibly addictive as well, tough to nail some of those late game levels though if your going for 100% completion. I still need to get the DLC for it which looks great as well.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017

---

Thanks for the notice and impressions. Had no idea this was coming out on Switch; just purchased.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

---

And...bought. Sure, my backlog is something for the Guinness Book of Records, but this is the sort of game I will definitely play soon and not later, even with my backlog. The type of games I keep delaying are the likes of DQXIS...

Oct 28, 2017
As far as I know, LA has not been fixed in terms of frame rate. LM3 is a great game and seems pretty varied (not beaten it yet) so it doesn't have the sameness of the first. Bosses are quite fun too. My major problem is I play inverted so the controls get a little wonky for me (which might be a design choice as Luigi is supposed to be scraped/uncoordinated in the game. LM also has online multiplayer and couch multiplayer with upcoming DLC. Better than the extras in LA.

don't think you can go wrong with either though as the core game play is good in each and both look/sound gorgeous.
LM3 by far...The performance issues in LA were never fixed and they are pretty glaring. The puzzles in LA are pretty obtuse and the dungeons really drag.
If you're worried about the performance issues in Link's Awakening, don't buy it, they haven't been fixed. I personally noticed them, but had zero issues with them impacting my enjoyment. I absolutely loved this remake. Maybe grab it if the game ever goes on sale.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is an absolutely fantastic game though and I'd highly recommend it. And performance is great.
Link's Awakening is fantastic and remains one of my top 10 favorite games of all time, but it is a pretty straightforward remake. I think the performance is perfectly adequate, but it would have been better served if they had just locked it at 30 FPS.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a phenomenal game and absolutely gorgeous. You don't need to have played Luigi's Mansion 2 to play it. If you thought Luigi's Mansion got repetitive after a while you might feel the same way about Luigi's Mansion 3.

You can't really go wrong with either choice. Personally I'd go with Link's Awakening though.
Thanks y'all! I'm going with Luigi's Mansion, excited to play tonight.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Great impressions, thanks for sharing, sounds very intriguing
Oh, wow. I knew absolutely nothing of this game, and now it's on my radar. Thanks for this.
Thanks for the notice and impressions. Had no idea this was coming out on Switch; just purchased.
NP!

And...bought. Sure, my backlog is something for the Guinness Book of Records, but this is the sort of game I will definitely play soon and not later, even with my backlog. The type of games I keep delaying are the likes of DQXIS...
This is me XD

Although lately I've been on a roll and finished quite a few short ones: ABZU, VA-11 Hall-A, Untitled Goose Game and Unravel 2.

giphy.gif

Dec 2, 2019
Unexpectedly I got really addicted to Virtua Racing over the weekend after picking it up in the last sale. The low poly look is just gorgeous and it's fast as fuck. The handling is just great and nuanced enough that you can approach corners in different ways and still get good times. Amazing how well it holds up considering it's one of the first 3D racing games.
I recommend Horizon Chase Turbo. It looks great, runs like a dream, sounds sweet.

It's more inspired by Top Gear rather than Out Run, even the soundtrack is from the former's composer.

It has a ridiculous amount of tracks with great visual variety, you unlock new cars at a good pace, difficulty is fair and accessible. I enjoyed it a great deal but, honestly, there's not so much variety in game mechanics and tracks design. But I still recommend it, maybe next time it goes on sale?
I never want to be responsible for people's money spending lol. It's 20€, and it can deserve this money, but... Aaaaaand I just checked and it's on sale now at 50% off (10€), at least in Europe. Well, take it