Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I would like to remind you guys that there is another game by the Oniken dev coming on February 8th. It's called Odallus: The Dark Call.

Basically, grab Oniken if you're a Ninja Gaiden fan and grab Odallus if you're a Castlevania fan. They're both really good (at least on PC), but I think Odallus is super-really-good.

I think I am more interested in Odallus but didn't they say there will be a discount if you buy both?

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am more interested in Odallus but didn't they say there will be a discount if you buy both?

Got both of these early today. Two gripes so far with Odallus, haven't tried Oniken yet.
1. I'm not seeing anyway to rebind controls, currently A=Jump, Y=Attack, who the hell wants that?
2. The Odullus home screen icon is just a picture. No title or anything

Now, this could get patched when it officially launches. But the control scheme like that I hate. Let me do b to jump and y to attack

Ailyo

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys recommend something from the Nicalis sale? I've already played Isaac and Cave Story.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Got both of these early today. Two gripes so far with Odallus, haven't tried Oniken yet.
1. I'm not seeing anyway to rebind controls, currently A=Jump, Y=Attack, who the hell wants that?
2. The Odullus home screen icon is just a picture. No title or anything

Both of those are deal breakers for me. Thanks for the heads up.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Oniken icon is this, but in Switch icon shape. Controls are: A - Jump, X - Attack, and B - Berserk.

UAwjlmC.jpg

The End

Jan 25, 2018
Probably going to drop $15 for the frontline fighters pack of DMFD tonight. I caught someone streaming the first few hours on youtube and it looks amazing. I love love love the physical version boxart but 1) waiting until the end of march and 2) dropping $50 on it sight unseen is a bit much.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Finished the 1st Indie I bought with my eshop points for Christmas, Mark of the Ninja.
Really loved it, and it was a lot longer than I thought it would be.

I'm now working my way through Guacamelee 2 before moving onto Yoku.

Cross Code looks really interesting.

Mark of the Ninja was a really nice game, if a bit short. Stringing guards up from street lights is a great system. It scares other guards and they can end up shooting each other.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
ok played a bit more odallus now that off of work. For me, my opinion, literally unplayable without remapping controls, going from a to y to attack is just too slow, I need that b/y combo. Again thats just me

I tweeted to dev, we'll see what they say...... I'm expecting no answer or no. Which would make this 9 game, I've never played on steam, to me a 5, I can't play with the current layout

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Am I gonna miss out on some exclusive content if I get both versions of Dragon Marked For Death digitally, rather than waiting two months for the physical copy?

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Think i'm gonna end up going for Tangledeep over Wargroove this weekend.... the way people have been talking about it in here has me excited/interested and it's been awhile since I played a large 'traditional' roguelike.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Im not going to fig
I've adjusted to it now. Definitely threw me for a loop at first, but the option to change controls would definitely be a welcome addition via a patch.
Im not going to fight adjusting. To me its terrible and Ill wait or not play. Good thing Im not reviewing this for a major pub.

The End

Jan 25, 2018
Am I gonna miss out on some exclusive content if I get both versions of Dragon Marked For Death digitally, rather than waiting two months for the physical copy?

Assuming you buy it tonight and get the pre-order dlc, it'll be $40 (15+15+10) for both character packs plus the mission dlc vs $50 for the physical certain

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oniken icon is this, but in Switch icon shape. Controls are: A - Jump, X - Attack, and B - Berserk.

UAwjlmC.jpg

I got this for review and the controls made me put it down immediately. How the hell did they not realize that playing with attack as X is a bad idea? It should be B... Or Y with Jump as B, or some sort of logical control scheme. Hoping they patch before launch

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
So it seems there are a number of indie JRPG-likes already on Switch or coming soon.. Tangledeep, Cosmic Star Hero and CrossCode (maybe there are others I'm unaware of?). Anyone tried all of these, and have a preference if I was only gonna play one?

I've only played Tangledeep, but it is excellent. It is pretty challenging, but has a ton of options that make it easier, including the ability to turn off permadeath. If you have any interest in roguelikes with a ton of items, a lot of different class types, and great presentation, get that one. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
already bought it on the na eshop with credit I had :(

really enjoying the stream on twitch, love the vibes this game gives off
Yeah. So excited about it. I am going to get the physical (JP copy) today.

Edit: I am so pissed right now. Can't find one single JP copy in local stores. We usually get games in advance, not the other way around. Now I need to wait or get the digital version.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the YouTube link. I'm disappointed Fishing Star World Tour doesn't compare at all to Fishing Resort on the Wii. I got my hopes up prematurely. Sigh. Saved me from making a $30 mistake. I apologize for the hype in my earlier posts. The brightly colored environments triggered my fond memories of Fishing Resort.

There is this post on Reddit though: Fishing Star World Tour (Switch) is the best fishing game on the system, and it's super fun.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nintendo eShop sale: Weird and Wonderful Sale

Looks to be in the EU, no news on US yet.

From Nintendo Life said:
So, without further ado, here are the games you can currently pick up for up to 66% off:

• Rain World
  • West of Loathing
  • Human: Fall Flat
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Surgeon Simulator CPR
  • Snake Pass
  • Slime-san
  • Crossing Souls
  • Reigns: Kings & Queens
  • Crawl
  • Wheels of Aurelia