• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I want this

giphy.gif

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Jeez. I guess that means MP4 must be a very long way away. I assume they are saving the trilogy to come out around a year before MP4, so If the trilogy doesnt come out this year, I wont expect MP4 next year

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes the tack of releasing a 2D game of either Metroid V or Super Remake, then MPT, then the other 2D, then Prime 4. Can't take credit for it, someone up thread posted much earlier, and the idea has merit IMO.

I believe Emily said something to the effect of Metroid fans will be fine this year...not sure how to find it now, so I may have conflated that with other stuff. Dare I hope we'd be lucky enough to get 2D and 3D Metroid announced this year? Yes, and that is why I'm certain to be disappointed lol

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I want them to show a 2D Metroid, I think new game reveals will be Paper Mario, Splatoon spin-off and Super Mario Lego World.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes the tack of releasing a 2D game of either Metroid V or Super Remake, then MPT, then the other 2D, then Prime 4. Can't take credit for it, someone up thread posted much earlier, and the idea has merit IMO.

I believe Emily said something to the effect of Metroid fans will be fine this year...not sure how to find it now, so I may have conflated that with other stuff. Dare I hope we'd be lucky enough to get 2D and 3D Metroid announced this year? Yes, and that is why I'm certain to be disappointed lol
Yeah I would say 2D metroid this year, trailer for Trilogy in the last direct, Trilogy comes out mid next year, MP4 comes out 2022

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
As I have already said:

2020: Metroid V
2021: Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (to create hype for Metroid Prime 4).
2022: Metroid Prime 4

That´s my bet.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just find extremely funny that it's the two people who pretended to have legitimate infos that went off at each other and both got week ban lol.

Anyway, BOTW2 this holiday boyos.

SalTea

Sep 19, 2019
Honestly, I think we aren't ever getting the Prime trilogy on switch. I think Nintendo considered it, but then dropped it because they knew their fans would expect it all bundled as one game for $60 instead of split up. Heaven forbid if we did get the trilogy and only the first game was on the cart and the other two had to be downloaded.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

Guilty, but I don't really think that'll be the case unless Metroid V and a remake are being worked on at the same time (one MercurySteam, one in house). Depends if MP4 is 2022 or 2023.

Emily said that Metroid fans would be "taken care of" so watch your back buddy.

I'm going to predict 2D and MPT for 2020, mainly to try to will that reality into existence.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Guilty, but I don't really think that'll be the case unless Metroid V and a remake are being worked on at the same time (one MercurySteam, one in house). Depends if MP4 is 2022 or 2023.

Emily said that Metroid fans would be "taken care of" so watch your back buddy.

I'm going to predict 2D and MPT for 2020, mainly to try to will that reality into existence.

I'll join you on that one, really hoping for something later this year

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
MPT seems like a good thing to release in January, like NSBMU DX and TMS.

They could even announce it at the Game Awards.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
What if we got a 2D splatoon game and a 3D third person multiplayer shooter Metroid game?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
What is the story behind this ? I feel like I missed something.
In the Smash thread, 2 times, Yuoke lost avatar bets and instead of wearing the avatars ran away from the thread, came here and said from time to time in the last 2 months stuff such as "man, the Smash thread SUCKS !"
On this thread, he made two other avatar bets in the last few weeks, about if there would be Directs in the last two weeks of March or something I think ? Anyway, he said "fuck this thread, I'm leaving this thread and putting it on ignore" and apparently also putted on ignore at least one of the members that he made a bet with (according to that member at least)

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Am i the only one that liked Metroid Other M ? I mean, it's maybe cause it was my first Metroid game but i really like the scenaristic approach and the overall experience was fun. Sure it was different and it's shitty to do "spinoffs" when we don't get main Metroid games like ever (hi federation force) but still i appreciated it.

The post game boss was pretty nice.
But to me, it's obvious they will release Metroid Prime Trilogy ATLEAST as a port on the eshop for like 20$ like on the Wii U or a HD remaster. I think that if they didn't wanted to make it happen before, the delay gives them more time to do it anyway.

On a side not, i feel like the fake insiders are always the loudest. Chasing clout and responding out of nowhere where clearly real insider info is well dissimulated most times cause they are usually in the business and don't want to lose their jobs.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Seems like a missed a fight or some sacrifices, surprising as they were selling me someone as the non plus ultra of niceness. Time to check back some pages I guess.

So now that there is no E3 seems like teamjanuary(2021?) wins by default.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I think we aren't ever getting the Prime trilogy on switch. I think Nintendo considered it, but then dropped it because they knew their fans would expect it all bundled as one game for $60 instead of split up. Heaven forbid if we did get the trilogy and only the first game was on the cart and the other two had to be downloaded.

Huh? Prime trilogy is 7 GB. Even factoring in the highest resolution assets for a switch version...no. It would be on one cart easily

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Prime Trilogy released on Switch on one Disc, it wouldn't be an issue.
It was on a dual layer disc, so it was 8GB, that is big for a wii game, but not for a Switch game.
I don't think you would need to download anything, even if they updated the textures, the games wouldn't be bigger than 16 GB and Nintendo gets those gamecards cheaper than any 3rd party, cause they make them.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
In the Smash thread, 2 times, Yuoke lost avatar bets and instead of wearing the avatars ran away from the thread, came here and said from time to time in the last 2 months stuff such as "man, the Smash thread SUCKS !"
On this thread, he made two other avatar bets in the last few weeks, about if there would be Directs in the last two weeks of March or something I think ? Anyway, he said "fuck this thread, I'm leaving this thread and putting it on ignore" and apparently also putted on ignore at least one of the members that he made a bet with (according to that member at least)

He also left the Discord after he lost two bets there; that there would be no more characters after the Fighters Pass, and that there absolutely wouldn't be any first party Nintendo characters in the Fighters Pass.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a missed a fight or some sacrifices, surprising as they were selling me someone as the non plus ultra of niceness. Time to check back some pages I guess.

So now that there is no E3 seems like teamjanuary(2021?) wins by default.

Check the most recent threadmark, team March will yet be vindicated.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahahaha

I don't know what I expected but this is something.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
If we end up getting a Splatoon spin-off, I feel like a Style Savvy crossover would be one of the best choices. The series has a big focus on fashion and customization already. A whole game focused on running your own shop would be so much fun!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only one that liked Metroid Other M ? I mean, it's maybe cause it was my first Metroid game but i really like the scenaristic approach and the overall experience was fun. Sure it was different and it's shitty to do "spinoffs" when we don't get main Metroid games like ever (hi federation force) but still i appreciated it.

The post game boss was pretty nice.
But to me, it's obvious they will release Metroid Prime Trilogy ATLEAST as a port on the eshop for like 20$ like on the Wii U or a HD remaster. I think that if they didn't wanted to make it happen before, the delay gives them more time to do it anyway.

On a side not, i feel like the fake insiders are always the loudest. Chasing clout and responding out of nowhere where clearly real insider info is well dissimulated most times cause they are usually in the business and don't want to lose their jobs.
The game has its flaws, but I really enjoyed it. It's the closest that the series ever came to my dream Metroid game.

Though ironically, if Yuoke hadn't ran away from this thread and put it on ignore, he'd probably be jumping on your comment to say how wrong you are, or something.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
The game has its flaws, but I really enjoyed it. It's the closest that the series ever came to my dream Metroid game.

Though ironically, if Yuoke hadn't ran away from this thread and put it on ignore, he'd probably be jumping on your comment to say how wrong you are, or something.

Yea i really liked the mixed between 2D/3D. The main flaw for me was the controller which sometimes was incredibly frustrating. And yeah, i know how Metroid fans hate it but it really isn't a bad game.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay here we go this is what I want to believe right here

Metroid Prime HD Trilogy $40 Within 2.5 months from now
Metroid 2D $60 Holiday2020/Early2021
Metroid Prime 4 $60 Holiday 2021

Womp Womp Womp - Sad Trombone at its best

The internet’s HTML5-iest, responsivest, auto-playingest, saddest trombone

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I feel like the big holiday game has historically already been announced before E3 though?

Odyssey, XC2, Let's Go, Smash, LA, LM3 and SWSH all were
Thus far, 2020 has bucked many established patterns and trends. Could a 2020 holiday game be announced next Direct? Yes. I'm just not expecting it. I may be wrong. We'll see.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
They won't be announcing the entire holiday lineup months in advance. That being said, I don't think it's impossible for a holiday 2020 title to be announced in the next Direct. They could showcase a couple games if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.