• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Wonder how Nintendo will introduce the Direct in June

"Hi, welcome to the Nintendo Direct presentation. Normally we would be at E3, but its gone now.

Speaking of things that are gone, remember Konami's Silent Hill?"

And then they announce a Silent Hill collection for Switch? They'll just call it a Direct.

Oct 31, 2017
I know with no E3 Nintendo isn't beholden to do a direct at that time, on the other hand, the yearly Treehouse 3 day streams are pretty informative and a very good way to get info out about upcoming titles with lots of hands on stuff. Also, I reckon with no E3 they may do something bigger at the end of the year for TGA.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I want the Switch (or the Switch line) to be the ultimate Nintendo platform. So...

Bring on the new games

Bring on the ports

Bring on the remakes

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Nintendo Direct thread predictions

"Bad Direct I don't care about *insert game franchise*"
"Game X will be delayed I just know it will be"
"That trailer looked like a 3DS game graphically"
"Not enough new games. Anyway where's Metroid Prime Trilogy, that would've made it exciting"

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
venturebeat.com

March Nintendo Direct in the works with focus on 2020 lineup (update)

A March Nintendo Direct is in the process of coming together, and the company could debut the video event on March 26 if everything goes as planned.

Looks like people trust Venture Beat.

I don't necessarily trust Venture Best but I trust ZhugeEX who retweeted the article talking about a March Direct. Zhuge's retweet is like Jim Dalrymple's "Yep" everytime he confirms an Apple event is happening. :)

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Where's Shin Megami Tensei V. I don't want it to die.

Also show me Rune Factory V.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't necessarily trust Venture Best but I trust ZhugeEX who retweeted the article talking about a March Direct. Zhuge's retweet is like Jim Dalrymple's "Yep" everytime he confirms an Apple event is happening. :)
This is where I'm at, also really hope it's real just so Nintendo breaks another pattern.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
So at least some rumors. Everything points out to March 26th, so just 15 days left. Come on guys, we have waited for months, we can wait just 15 more days.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck?

Baby Rosalina is such an odd character to base an entire tour off of.... they only had the Mario Bros before in terms of tours based off characters

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
I don't know about y'all, but this is all I care about for the next direct

Gc7Gaxu.png

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck?

Baby Rosalina is such an odd character to base an entire tour off of.... they only had the Mario Bros before in terms of tours based off characters

Maybe some internal statistic that shows her being popular? I always thought the babies were more popular than people give them credit for.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No E³ this year, huh? I wonder if Nintendo will keep the schedule and just rename the E³ Direct into a "regular" one. Going to miss Treehouse Live though.

I wonder if Gamescom will happen.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I doubt bigger publishers are going to suffer from the seemingly inevitable death of E3. We have seen Microsoft, EA and Sony doing their own thing outside of E3 to a varying degree for a few years now. Hypothetically, Nintendo can do the same. I doubt a cancellation of E3 means Nintendo won't find another way to do their Treehouse segments.

After what happened last year, I doubt the press is going to shed a tear over E3, either. They can just as easily be invited to seperate publisher's press events.

It might be more impactful for smaller publishers, but they might find a suitable replacement in PAX. And sure, it sucks for the average Joe who loved going to E3, but it is what it is.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
VentureBeat's "expect lots of ports" seems more like speculation based on Nintendo's existing habit of porting most of the Wii U slate over to Switch rather than solid information - especially given the prior sentence says Nintendo's first party line-up is something of a mystery.

I'd expect a mix. Ports of Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World join the existing port of TMS. Remake of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is joined by the remaster of Xenoblade and the remake of Detective Club (which is basically a new game). Maybe we get Metroid Prime Trilogy or another Wii U port earlier than we're expecting - if we've got 6 or 7 ports and remakes across 2020, that's around half of the retail titles Nintendo will publish this year (expect 12 minimum, 16 maximum). Emily did say while she expected 2020 to be strong, her one concern was that Nintendo would lean a little on ports and remasters - but that there should be new stuff to balance it out.

Let's say new 2D Metroid, Paper Mario, Bayonetta 3 and Zelda hit 2020. That brings us to 5/6 new titles depending on your region (AC and Brain Training). I don't see that being all Nintendo have for the year. I'd expect a couple more new games, too. Something from EPD 9 and maybe even a videogame to tie in to Lego Super Mario and we're up to 7/8 new titles, 6/7 ports/remakes, plus whichever third party games Nintendo publish alongside Bravely Default 2. That puts us in the right ballpark for the year - 14 to 16 retail titles.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So I don't want to sound like a doom and gloomer but what are the chances this corona virus (stupid name btw) pushes every game to a later date? Outside of digital only games of course. With E3 cancelled I can't imagine it's not affecting gaming development.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt bigger publishers are going to suffer from the seemingly inevitable death of E3. We have seen Microsoft, EA and Sony doing their own thing outside of E3 to a varying degree for a few years now. Hypothetically, Nintendo can do the same. I doubt a cancellation of E3 means Nintendo won't find another way to do their Treehouse segments.

After what happened last year, I doubt the press is going to shed a tear over E3, either. They can just as easily be invited to seperate publisher's press events.

It might be more impactful for smaller publishers, but they might find a suitable replacement in PAX. And sure, it sucks for the average Joe who loved going to E3, but it is what it is.
Wait E3 is dying? I assumed it was only this year, because of the virus.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
E:

What Venturebeat thread?

E2:

Found it. So they're really waiting until after AC. That's one brain-dead marketing strategy really. Also having pretty much everything but a general Direct in the meantime surely doesn't help.

I just saw that Celeste is 67% off in the EU eshop !

What am I in for guys ?

First, you're in for a scold from me because you a) don't have it yet, and b) waited for a sale.

Then, you're in for a pretty fucking hard but awesome platformer.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, E3 was the one time we could rely on Nintendo to deliver a Direct. Now we go through the last three months of madness all over again.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I personally won't miss E3 like at all. Nowadays it isn't even one of the 5 biggest gaming conventions, if I recall correctly. Putting so much emphasis on it seemed somewhat unnecessary to me for the last few years already.

That is if the cancellation really happens and has a significant impact on the event's standing in the coming years. Maybe all will just go on as usual next year, who knows...

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
honestly... most publishers don't really needs E3 anymore, specially nintendo. smaller publishers of course have a lot to gain from it but i think even for them they should realize that it'd be better and cheaper to go for digital presentations and demos and start creating hype around them. i've seen annapurna for example talking about the possibility of doing something like the direct format for their game announcements and trailers.

edit: and E3 seemed to be headed into a messy direction anyway with all the celebrity and "influencer" stuff they were talking about.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Lol at people thinking E3 is like Gamestop.

E3 makes a massive amount of money per, as well as being critical to industry networking, demonstration and marketing.

Its not going anywhere in 5, maybe 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.