• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
This is something I don't like and why I mostly prefer the "first" instalments in a game. The first games usually sprawl with creativity but also sometime struggle with execution. They aren't as polished and perfect. A second game usually is way too methodical and streamlined. It feels like they're less passionate.
this.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I'm still surprised they didn't cram a new world there for the switch port.
wow, those artwork pictures do really show what could be the icing on the cake for this game!
And yes, a 7th world would've been amazing. They included a new world with the DKCR 3D port after all, and it was quite good actually. It's kind of crazy for me that Retro did the port of Tropical Freeze, but they didn't manage to put some extra content in it. Like, they probably cancelled 2 game projects in that time period, a little bunch of new levels for Tropical Freeze would've been a nice small thing even if every other stuff they worked on seems to be gone.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Shouldn't be too hard, there's nothing to play.

Come on, either you have a looot of free time or you are only interested in what's ahead.

For JRPG
DQXIS, tales of vesperia, FFXII those 3 it's 200-300 hours gameplay easily

Mario maker 2, yoshi, kirby, LM3, Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles 4, DQ builder 1/2, pokemon...

Not even talking about AC:NH

In my backlog I have Fire Emblem, yu-gi-oh and DQ builder 2, quite huge and I'm finishing pokemon (and in june will play it again for the DLC 1)

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Come on, either you have a looot of free time or you are only interested in what's ahead.

For JRPG

Mario maker 2, yoshi, kirby, LM3, Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles 4, DQ builder 1/2, pokemon...

In my backlog I have Fire Emblem, yu-gi-oh and DQ builder 2, quite huge and I'm finishing pokemon (and in june will play it again for the DLC 1)

out of all these games/series mentioned I'm personally only interested in ACNH

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
ESxWMxgUEAUgI6D

Jokes aside, it'd be a smart addition but hard to verify.

I think it could work pretty well. Don't need to worry about verification if it's an honour system, and as a slightly veiled threat all related spoiler tags will be made open in the thread for anyone who says they've completed a game 100% 😇

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

For JRPG

I was half taking the piss - though I really do feel like there's nothing to play.

I've bought and played every game I fancy on the Switch. I've not purchased every game of course, but I've bought a lot.

Not every game is going to appeal to every gamer. That's fine, but it's super slim pickings for me at the moment and has been for some time.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

For JRPG

ToV and FFXII don't really count, those games are old as hell.

Your other points stand.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
New Spawn Wave video. Says around 3:45 that there was never a Direct planned for the first half of March and plans still remain the same.

Everyone keeps repeating this.
I'm starting to think it was always planned for March 19th, a day before Animal Crossing so Nintendo can give it a final push.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I agree with John, i've been thinking its gonna be the 26th for a while now.

Eitherway, just going to keep ploughing through TMS, less posting.

Oct 6, 2019
guys if it's not this week, will be the next month, it can't be possible that now they change the patterns from nothing... my advise is to not be hype for something that you know well never happened after this week... we will need to wait untill april

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Alright, AC:NH launch week is done, nothing is stopping that train, so it's time to--RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
The text on retailer websites are not written by retailers. They're written by the publisher and is double checked. The chances of it being a mistake is close to zero. I also don't think insiders know when the direct was planned or if there was one that is delayed or not. It's all speculation at this point. The logical explanation is that there was a delay of some sort and one explanation could be the Corona virus but I find the PS5 reveal explanation equally interesting. If you have a direct you want full media attention so you will want to avoid to schedule it close to something Sony might be doing.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
The text on retailer websites are not written by retailers. They're written by the publisher and is double checked. The chances of it being a mistake is close to zero. I also don't think insiders know when the direct was planned or if there was one that is delayed or not. It's all speculation at this point. The logical explanation is that there was a delay of some sort and one explanation could be the Corona virus but I find the PS5 reveal explanation equally interesting. If you have a direct you want full media attention so you will want to avoid to schedule it close to something Sony might be doing.
Could also just be that the site was supposed to go up later, but now it's too late to take it down.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New Spawn Wave video. Says around 3:45 that there was never a Direct planned for the first half of March and plans still remain the same.

We back at the no Direct till E3 train, let's go!
"Alright, AC:NH launch week is done, nothing is stopping that train, so it's time to--RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
But something something about the rule general Direct happening only in the first 2 weeks of a month.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Big releases don't stop them from making directs so it could be next week.
Man, that direct better be freaking incredible cause the bar is literally in the sky

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
The fiscal year ends last day of March right? Would Nintendo go into a new fy with no release dates or even first party games outside of Xenoblade Definitive Edition?

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I'm at the point now where I'd rather wait until the 26th in order to avoid AC taking up a big part of the direct. We've moved past it already, waited long enough to have it take 5 minutes of precious time in the middle of the biggest wait between directs.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think the absolut limit to have a Direct may be the launch of AC because going after that without any release date set would be unprecedented and just straight bad.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
What dungeon/area are you in? I beat the game a couple of days ago, and was really surprised at how much I liked it!
Trying to do a Chapter a day. On ch3 at the moment (its the Japanese Pagoda dungeon).

Im really enjoying the gameplay, its super fluid and simple; levelling isnt a chore. Story isnt particulary great but overall good game.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
That GAME listing suggests the Direct got cancelled / delayed, however you wanna put it.

I'm not siding with Zhuge on this one. Haha, the statement reads like a PR sent sometime ago and Nintendo just forgot to send the updated copy. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.