What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My brother want to pre-order Trials of Mana and there's still no eShop listing?! And this week's trailer says « pre-order now! » lmao
Also I don't see My Hero One's Justice 2 and it also release soon.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Or they are just waiting because they know the best time to begin their marketing plans for what is still to come in 2020.

I would say the best time of the year to pump people for 2020 would be in the beginning of the year :P

To be fair, none of them made any direct predictions. And this is the last possibke viable week to make some decent sense for a direct to happen without seeming really crazy and weird.

To be clear, this wasn't an "insiders are liars" kind of thing, or even remotely close to that.

Like I said, I respect a lot of those who come here and spill some vague info (in some cases some specific info) in order to keep us hyped and interested.

I just think that Nintendo got a lot of people fooled lol

Oct 26, 2017
Or they are just waiting because they know the best time to begin their marketing plans for what is still to come in 2020.

I think that would have been December imo. Very boring several months for Nintendo that hasn't been generating much discussion.

If Paper Mario 6 comes out in two months, that would be really weird for promotion.

Of course, if there's nothing except Xenoblade in Q2, then maybe they can wait on promotion but that's a weird release schedule.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think that would have been December imo. Very boring several months for Nintendo that hasn't been generating much discussion.

If Paper Mario 6 comes out in two months, that would be really weird for promotion.

Of course, if there's nothing except Xenoblade in Q2, then maybe they can wait on promotion but that's a weird release schedule.
Lol you cant be serious ? December is probably the worse month to do a General Direct.

Plus they didn't go radio silence in January and February with two dedicated Directs for two of their biggest franchises.

Also the Paper Mario talk is for June so 3 months from now not 2.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018

This would all be true if smash, pokemon, and animal crossing didn't exist, but they do.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about thread marking a "daylight savings and Directs for dummies" post in a couple days. Good idea or bad idea?

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Hypothetical question since nothing else to say

You have to pick one set:
Pm64 remake and metroid 5
Or
A true paper mario 3 and super metroid remake.

Obviously I want both new...but yea, just asking since nothing going on.
First option, no competition. I'd love to see the Metroid story finally move forward but also Super has been a lot more accessible than Paper Mario in recent years.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
First option, no competition. I'd love to see the Metroid story finally move forward but also Super has been a lot more accessible than Paper Mario in recent years.
Agree, but also disagree on pm not being accessible. I think the pm64 remake selling good would lead to a new one in the same style though.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Agree, but also disagree on pm not being accessible. I think the pm64 remake selling good would lead to a new one in the same style though.
I don't want a remake of either one, they both hold up perfectly well. Other than PM64 being tougher to get ahold of these days, but at that point just make it part of N64 online or something (if they do that).

There are some games that can really benefit from a remake, but I don't think either of those games fit the bill. Just give me new games in both series, that's really what I want.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know Nintendo really well, they always focus on the next major release which is now Animal Crossing. And they won't release a general Nintendo Direct this close before the launch of Animal Crossing in order to keep the attention on Animal Crossing. It was the same with Super Smash Bros Ultimate and every other major release if I remember correctly. Therefore I believe the next general Nintendo Direct at the earliest will be after the launch of Animal Crossing.
Sorry :)

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Guys, I messed up. I ordered pizza tonight and I accidentally ordered pineapple on the pizza for everyone else. I ordered on mobile and must have messed up with my fat thumbs. Is this a sign? What does this mean in regards to the chance of a direct this week?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I messed up. I ordered pizza tonight and I accidentally ordered pineapple on the pizza for everyone else. I ordered on mobile and must have messed up with my fat thumbs. Is this a sign? What does this mean in regards to the chance of a direct this week?
It means the papa john is coming to get you. He is like the bye bye man, except you can't think or say pizza. Don't think it don't say it.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
they did a September general direct, like they've done every year since the switch launched

would've been pretty weird of them to squeeze another one in before December

Yeah, but I can also remember a Video where Reggie explicitly stated that they wanted to focus on SSBU.

I try to find it, see you later ;)

Edit: Sorry, I can't find the video!

Last edited:

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I was just watching the movie Laputa: Castle in the Sky (1986) from Studio Ghibli, and suddenly I felt like I was watching the BotW 2 reveal trailer.

The moment where all floating stones turn blue in the deep mines with both the boys and the girl together, and then the floating castle. Even the BotW logo screams Laputa with it's typography which is almost the same (rustic and white). Music and setting are very similar to the original BotW as well. It's very probably an inspiration for the game (both are from 1986 if that accounts for anything)

Just a random thought and a sudden reveal I just had and wanted to share.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I know Nintendo really well, they always focus on the next major release which is now Animal Crossing. And they won't release a general Nintendo Direct this close before the launch of Animal Crossing in order to keep the attention on Animal Crossing. It was the same with Super Smash Bros Ultimate and every other major release if I remember correctly. Therefore I believe the next general Nintendo Direct at the earliest will be after the launch of Animal Crossing.
Sorry :)
I keep seeing this mentioned like it's a fact or something, so I finally pulled some research together:

April 12, 2017: Nintendo Direct -> April 20th, 2017 Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia (3DS) and April 28, 2017 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

June 13, 2017: E3 Direct -> June 16, 2017 ARMS

September 13, 2017 : Nintendo Direct -> September 15, 2017 : Metroid Samus Returns (3DS) and September 22, 2017: Pokken Tournament DX

January 11, 2018: Nintendo Direct Mini -> January 18, 2018: Mario + Rabbids (Japan)

March 8, 2018 : Nintendo Direct -> March 16, 2018: Kirby Star Allies and March 23, 2018: Detective Pikachu (3DS)

June 12, 2018 : E3 Direct -> June 22, 2018: Mario Tennis Aces and July 13, 2018 : Captain Toad (3DS)

September 13, 2018 : Nintendo Direct -> September 14, 2018: LABO Vehicle Kit and September 21, 2018: Xenoblade 2: Torna (this one is a stretch, yes)

February 13, 2019: Nintendo Direct -> Nothing until March

June 11, 2019: E3 Direct -> June 28, 2019: Mario Maker 2

September 4, 2019: Nintendo Direct -> September 13, 2019: Daemon X Machina and September 20, 2019: Link's Awakening

And while I know most of these aren't as big of a release as Animal Crossing, the idea that Nintendo doesn't do Directs 1-2 weeks before a game release is almost always incorrect. It's actually usually the opposite.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Maybe they just have nothing to show and the only games coming this first half are Pokemon MD, Animal crossing, Xenoblade and the DLC for pokemon. That would be pretty disappointing and the only good insiders we have told us the first half was pretty exciting. So i can't see them not announcing anything.. that's like Wii U level of schedule and now they have been working for the Switch alone for a few years so that's unlikely or else what are they doing.

So pls, for the love of gaming let it happen this week.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing this mentioned like it's a fact or something, so I finally pulled some research together:

April 12, 2017: Nintendo Direct -> April 20th, 2017 Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia (3DS) and April 28, 2017 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

September 13, 2017 : Nintendo Direct -> September 15, 2017 : Metroid Samus Returns (3DS) and September 22, 2017: Pokken Tournament DX

January 11, 2018: Nintendo Direct Mini -> January 18, 2018: Mario + Rabbids (Japan)

March 8, 2018 : Nintendo Direct -> March 16, 2018: Kirby Star Allies and March 23, 2018: Detective Pikachu (3DS)

June 12, 2018 : E3 Direct -> June 22, 2018: Mario Tennis Aces and July 13, 2018 : Captain Toad (3DS)

September 13, 2018 : Nintendo Direct -> September 14, 2018: LABO Vehicle Kit and September 21, 2018: Xenoblade 2: Torna (this one is a stretch, yes)

September 4, 2019: Nintendo Direct -> September 13, 2019: Daemon X Machina and September 20, 2019: Link's Awakening

And while I know most of these aren't as big of a release as Animal Crossing, the idea that Nintendo doesn't do Directs 1-2 weeks before a game release is almost always incorrect. It's actually usually the opposite.
There's also the difference that we don't know any dates for games after AC.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Viable theory.

I accept it.

I now believe it.
All according to plan....
T-posing Miyamoto is taking over
BN-JI713_Miyamo_P_20150713014202.jpg

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Weeks start on Monday and end on Sunday, or at least is this way in Europe.

Fantastic movie, but the name is just hilarious in Spanish, most people can't take it seriously because of the name here.
Tell me about it! My native language is also Spanish, every phrase involving that name is tragicomic

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
How so? I know it was on Wii/U eshop (iirc) but Super has had the SNES mini and SNES online. I meant accessible in that it's much easier to get your hands on Super now than it is PM, not gameplay wise.

thank god

I am struggling
No worries man, the first run is always the hardest. My first playthrough was at least 7 hours and that's with years of Metroid experience. Spend enough time with them and you'll be able to blitz through them, a "casual" run of Fusion takes me less than 1.5 hours now.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
How so? I know it was on Wii/U eshop (iirc) but Super has had the SNES mini and SNES online. I meant accessible in that it's much easier to get your hands on Super now than it is PM, not gameplay wise.
Oh lol okay you meant literally. Well then yea of course, and that won't change if we don't nso n64 online at all or for a few years.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
No worries man, the first run is always the hardest. My first playthrough was at least 7 hours and that's with years of Metroid experience. Spend enough time with them and you'll be able to blitz through them, a "casual" run of Fusion takes me less than 1.5 hours now.
man am I stoked to eventually be competent at this game, I get lost like an idiot

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wow, great research!

Looks like I could be wrong according to your research ;)

Are you brave enough to do an Avatar bet with me? I say there will be no general Nintendo Direct before the release of Animal Crossing. And you would probably pick that there will be a general Nintendo Direct before the release of Animal Crossing.

The winner will choose a new Avatar which the looser must change for 1 month. Deal? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.