• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Man, next week is gonna suck. We'll be waiting at all hours of the day for an announcement, and freaking out if there isn't any.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm not sure it being a week later will mean a smash character will be in the direct either.

I was theorizing it'd be two weeks away!

Yeah I get it, it's kinda how I felt about the Smash Direct, just wanted to know about the game I cared about. This long ass wait isn't helping anyone, and it sucks.

...maybe you could pass the time with something else... even move onto New Horizons?

I don't mind that AC is getting a Direct at all, it's a big game and it's not like Nintendo said "we can either have a General Direct or an AC one." It'll come when it's ready.

I've never played an AC game before but this might be a good one to start with.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Whether the general is next week or the first week of march has no impact on if a smash character is in or not.
With the potential for a general direct now this thread is going to go crazy isn't it.

Zippo, do you still expect a second direct this month? More specifically a general Nintendo direct? Is there reason to be excited?
He already said he was still confident on another direct (general) this month yeah.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
They announced a direct at 5 PM. Let chaos reign.

Nintendo goes by no clock but their own. We must be vigilant at all times.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think we care way more about patterns than Nintendo does. They'll just announce stuff to align with their line up and marketing plans for the year, which we aren't supposed to be privy to.

So really, who knows when the general direct is. For all we know, it could be April because they don't have a major release lined up for that month!

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
A direct was announced, Animal Crossing is saved, and I don't even have to drink urine.

What a perfect day.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Zippo has delivered. Whether the direct happens next week or early march, we won't have to wait much longer. Hope the AC direct is good.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you guys are mentioning Zippo when literally everyone was predicting this week for AC due to the embargo, but go off I guess.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Zippo didn't say in that post it would be a General Direct, he just said one of them would be Animal Crossing.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Start guessing purposely wrong dates lol. I don't think nintendo likes their announcements being broadcasts beforehand. So much so that I think they actually delay them sometimes just for the surprise element. Just something to keep in mind.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly even if the next General happens in the first week of March instead of February, if it at least has a traditional Paper Mario game and a 2D Metroid as promised, that would be a huge boon to Zippo's credibility.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Most exciting thing about the AC Direct news is maybe honestly the fact that patterns have changed and now things can get dropped at any time.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I don't know why you guys are mentioning Zippo when literally everyone was predicting this week for AC due to the embargo, but go off I guess.
After the lack of announcement earlier today (and even last week), lots of people in the last OT were calling for Zippo's head and that they should be banned for lying/providing false information/being an attention whore.

It also means that two directs this month is still possible.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Because it means he'd be right for a general the week after I guess. That's understandable.

But yeah, everyone said Feb 20th once the embargo date was revealed.

edit:
Honestly even if the next General happens in the first week of March instead of February, if it at least has a traditional Paper Mario game and a 2D Metroid as promised, that would be a huge boon to Zippo's credibility.
2D Metroid doesn't come from him. Agreed for Paper Mario.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Most exciting thing about the AC Direct news is maybe honestly the fact that patterns have changed and now things can get dropped at any time.
They still won't be any time, idk why people are saying all patterns are broken like they will just announce a direct at 11:30 est for the next morning or something.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Of course the thing that had to happen after this unprecedented drought was an announcement completely out of any existing pattern.

Can't wait to see what pattern people create to fit this now.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
I mean not all patterns, maybe not for general directs at all.

When's the last time they announced a game specific Direct at 2pm PT?

That's a hell of a pattern to break and makes me think they're willing to break more.

Dammit just let me be optimistic. Not gonna doubt Zippo until the month is over. I was getting worried, though

Status
Not open for further replies.