• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Does buying a frozen pizza and making that for the Direct count?
I hope so, because my dumb ass can't digest dairy

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I'm not sure if people have already brought this up, but I would love the Sigma games on Switch (I know they aren't as good as the original versions). I only say Sigma because it would still be fun to have them on the Switch, as opposed to no Ninja Gaiden, and they've already been ported to the Vita, so it might be easier to do. I dunno... just throwing it out there.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
My favorite thing in Direct threads is when, usually between 5 and 1 minutes before the direct starts, a lot of us who doesn't comment here while watching the direct, write "see you on the other side".
It's like going alone on a metaphysical journey that will ultimately bring us all together.
No seriously, there's something to think about behind this.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
My favorite thing in Direct threads is when, usually between 5 and 1 minutes before the direct starts, a lot of us who doesn't comment here while watching the direct, write "see you on the other side".
It's like going alone on a metaphysical journey that will ultimately bring us all together.
No seriously, there's something to think about behind this.
Haha, yes! I know exactly what you mean! ;)

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Is there any pattern to the Indie World presentations? Curious to know when the next one of those will be.

Luca5trife

Mar 30, 2019
Portugal
I usually watch my directs with my cousins. But if we have a direct Thursday I won't be able too, cause I have a birthday dinner... Let's hope it's wednesday..

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I love ice cream and I live by a Coldstone, but I noticed I was going there too much so I clamped down on letting myself go very often.

But since Directs are few and far between, I have this tradition that after work that day I go and get whatever I want there and then go home to watch it. Kind of weird, I know, but it's a fun way to have a treat on top of a treat, sort of.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love ice cream and I live by a Coldstone, but I noticed I was going there too much so I clamped down on letting myself go very often.

But since Directs are few and far between, I have this tradition that after work that day I go and get whatever I want there and then go home to watch it. Kind of weird, I know, but it's a fun way to have a treat on top of a treat, sort of.
Mmm Coldstone. I used to eat there a lot, but very seldom now

Sep 14, 2018
Okay everyone, make your bets:

1. How long will the Direct be?
2. What time will the Direct air?
3. Will the next Smash character be announced during the Direct?

I'm guessing we'll have a 45 minute Direct airing at 5:00pm eastern and it will feature the next Smash character. It feels unlikely that we'll have another general Direct between now and E3, and I think we'll be getting a new character before then. Also, I don't think Nintendo would show the next character in a separate video when they have this juicy, coveted, iconic general Direct available.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States

Okay, I love that we're talking ice cream now. Cold Stone's fine, but we just got a new local place that does unique (pretentious) flavors like Lavender Lemon Cookie, and Peach BlackBerry. Darn good stuff, though. I haven't been in all winter, but I'm gonna join your tradition and hit it up the day of the Direct.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Double treat... sounds illegal

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like this is the week of the Animal Crossing direct now that they are taking preorders and did an unboxing of the special edition console.

There are still so many unanswered questions about the game. I'm baffled at how all the info we have is mostly from marketing materials and not the official source. Come on Nintendo!

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019

I'm guessing we'll have a 45 minute Direct airing at 5:00pm eastern and it will feature the next Smash character. It feels unlikely that we'll have another general Direct between now and E3, and I think we'll be getting a new character before then. Also, I don't think Nintendo would show the next character in a separate video when they have this juicy, coveted, iconic general Direct available.
Okay, I'll bite:

1) It'll be ~40 minutes, like the last one.
2) It'll be at 6PM Pacific Time on 2/13/20
3) I actually say no, unless MAYBE it's a shorter and less graphics-heavy reveal like Joker

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

50 minutes, 3 PM EST. No Smash character until E3. Open with F-ZERO 99 (yes really), closes with Metroid 5. Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3+, and Paper Mario in between. Bayonetta 3 shown, Wonderful 101 acknowledged. Xenoblade Chronicles DE date confirmed for May 29. I think there will be a decent chunk of Animal Crossing, too.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Look at the past 4 non E3 directs

March 2018 direct- 34 minutes
September 2018 direct- 38 minutes
February 2019 direct- 36 minutes
September 2019 direct- 38 minutes

I'll say the February direct will be 38 minutes. The direct will be 5 PM eastern and no there will be no Smash

Sep 14, 2018
I have made pizza for dinner. This is a practice pizza for the Thursday Direct pizza. I used a different pan than usual and cooked it two minutes longer. I am obviously hoping for spectacular results.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I have made pizza for dinner. This is a practice pizza for the Thursday Direct pizza. I used a different pan than usual and cooked it two minutes longer. I am obviously hoping for spectacular results.
As a "Pizza Insider" I highly recommend getting a baking steel for your oven, which helps recreate the base of a commercial deck oven.

Unless you've already got one, then good job! Pizza stones are okay but a big steel is going to hold heat much more efficiently! I'm sure Reggie has one.

Sep 14, 2018
As a "Pizza Insider" I highly recommend getting a baking steel for your oven, which helps recreate the base of a commercial deck oven.

Unless you've already got one, then good job! Pizza stones are okay but a big steel is going to hold heat much more efficiently! I'm sure Reggie has one.
Thank you very much. I bought a pizza stone a while back and I was not satisfied with the results. A baking steel seems to be just what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.