For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That post was from last Sunday, though.
And it could mean literally anything, it might even not be related to the Direct.
Or it could be a blind shot and whatever happens tomorrow they can say "See? I told you"
Oh yea, lol. The first tweet was last week. Lmao. The 2nd tweet was the other day. So he will keep saying friday every week.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I don't know why anyone would even entertain the musings of a panda in dire need of some bladder control medication, but eh. What do I know.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Imagine getting a full AC Direct four months before the game releases.

That's actually almost too early, the opposite of our current conundrum.
You have to remember the game was already out in Japan by that point so this information was already in the public eye. A whole seven months between Japan and the West's releases.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm excited for Animal Crossing, but what are people expecting from a direct for it? I've played Wild World and New Leaf but I don't quite understand what more people are wanting to see?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for Animal Crossing, but what are people expecting from a direct for it? I've played Wild World and New Leaf but I don't quite understand what more people are wanting to see?
A lot because this game is clearly different. On an island, not set layout, crafting, etc. People want to know what the game will have.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
March 12th is the latest. We'll have a general direct by then. I'll do an avatar bet.

avatar bets are scarier than bans for me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watching Easy Allies play Metroid Prime makes me wish we had a Metroid game where Samus is in morph ball mode. It was so much fun being a morph ball and going through the environments. I know there was Metroid Pinball, but I'd take a whole puzzle game built around Samus being in morph ball

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RGT85's video lmao. It feels like an Arlo video. I'm surprised Arlo hasn't made a video yet. He probably doesn't want to make another negative Nintendo video.

This "drought" is really frustrating a lot of people.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
RGT85's video lmao. It feels like an Arlo video. I'm surprised Arlo hasn't made a video yet. He probably doesn't want to make another negative Nintendo video.

This "drought" is really frustrating a lot of people.

Yeah kind of odd.

I don't really understand the posts and tweets shaming people who are excited about a Direct? Why bother dumping on someone getting excited about news on their hobby?

Also where did this line of thinking come from that people who are excited, speculating, and want a direct also don't play the games they already own? You can do both?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Though tbqh, I just want a Xenoblade remake release date more than anything. BotW can wait till E3

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
Nintendo had Direct on Valentine's Day back in 2013 (it landed on a Thursday that year).

2013 was 7 years ago!

7 is known as a lucky number.

Today is Thursday.

This is undeniable proof that a Direct will be announced in 3 hours for a Friday airing! #TeamFebruary

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah kind of odd.

I don't really understand the posts and tweets shaming people who are excited about a Direct? Why bother dumping on someone getting excited about news on their hobby?

Also where did this line of thinking come from that people who are excited, speculating, and want a direct also don't play the games they already own? You can do both?
I don't get it either. Everyone are video game enthusiasts or gamers. This is their hobby. This isn't exclusive to Nintendo. This is Sony fans, Microsoft fans, everyone. There's no shaming to people who want to see the road ahead for the year. From Nintendo all we know is PMD, XenoblaDE and Animal Crossing.

yeah the whole "play your backlog" is dumb to me. I have thousands of posts in all of these speculation topics and I've been playing games all the time. Do people think I play a few hours of Skyrim and sleep the other 21 hours? I'm capable of playing games and wondering what else is coming ahead. I play Skyrim every week now. That doesn't stop me from wondering what's coming. People are allowed to be disappointed and wonder what's coming without you talking down to them or continuously repeating "play your backlog" as if doing that is supposed to mean you won't think about the future.

I know info will come. Doesn't mean people can't think about it. It's the hobby.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
Is there a chance a direct happens tommorow. I mean there have been directs on Friday before right. I mean some people were saying there was some Japanese holiday so it would make sense in that regard. I actually don't think the direct is happening until either next week or early march. Just want to hear some opinions on this.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I think that the fact that we are getting Mystery Dungeon in just over two weeks, and Animal Crossing in a month, is making me less hyped or thirsty for a Direct.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
I honestly feel sorry for those people who DON'T get hyped/excited for new announcements and directs. Anticipating new games and looking forward to playing them for the first time is half the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.