For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I wonder if this rule still holds?

There was also a "General Direct within 14 days of a Pokémon Direct" rule that's broken now.

20th and 27th are still possible options. It's quite possible Nintendo wanted to do the AC direct prior to doing a general (probably makes more sense that way from a marketing perspective).
The "General Directs are only in the first half of the month" rule has been true for 7 years though.
It's clearly intentional by Nintendo and not just a pattern.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I agree with the general sentiment that waiting until after Animal Crossing before revealing anything about H1 is plain silly.

Does that mean a Mini Direct could be on the horizon though? If it's to announce Pikmin and 3D World ports, then it's possible, no?

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
GameXplain throwing there reputation down the toilet making stupid videos for clicks saying it's the longest time without a direct.

I had more respect for them

KingCobra

Feb 8, 2019
I'm not saying I think a direct is coming soon, but everyone is way too negative about what is possible. Nintendo can do whatever they want. A direct doesn't have to be in the first half of the month just because they have been in the past just like a direct can be on any day of the week. Zippo hasn't even been proven wrong yet.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
To add more on what I said I believe the direct is either next week or early march. We believe there is an indie in march which would be after AC releases. Nintendo won't kill AC hype with a general direct. It's fans will buy the game and Nintendo know that people want info. They just think it's too early since AC is still some ways off and they want to advertise it in the general direct.
The direct will have a long segment for AC. All of Nintendo's directs focus on a specific big game expect E3 at times. There won't be a AC direct imo. Only one general direct with a indie late march.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
So after 12k posts + 80k posts from the previous 4 OTs, thins are settling down. How insane it sounds that we will be well over 100K posts before Nintendo even hints of a Direct. Probably 200k posts until it airs.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
GameXplain throwing there reputation down the toilet making stupid videos for clicks saying it's the longest time without a direct.

I had more respect for them

Are you serious dude? C'mon, we've been saying that for the past few weeks. What holds them to a much higher standard?

I agree with the general sentiment that waiting until after Animal Crossing before revealing anything about H1 is plain silly.

Does that mean a Mini Direct could be on the horizon though? If it's to announce Pikmin and 3D World ports, then it's possible, no?

I believe that Emily said one port for H1 (everybody thinks it's Pikmin), but I can see it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo might not want to do a Indies World presentation before AC releases so they don't take the focus away. I'm half joking btw

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020

A mini direct was what we had january 2018,...not something you put in between september...and the E3 in june (and we even have rumors that Nintendo won't attend, so not even sure we have a june direct ffs).

I don't know what they are doing Nintendo but...is silence a new promotion ? I mean them and Sony are really getting good at it, but there's a very fragile frontier between building hype and bothering your fanbase.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying I think a direct is coming soon, but everyone is way too negative about what is possible. Nintendo can do whatever they want. A direct doesn't have to be in the first half of the month just because they have been in the past just like a direct can be on any day of the week. Zippo hasn't even been proven wrong yet.

CA7.jpg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still no tweet... anyone know how long Nintendo has maintained twitter silence before? Seems increasingly strange at this point.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hey, look on the bright side guys. We should get some sort of Direct next week no matter what, whether that be Animal Crossing or a General. We have all those leaked renders that weren't supposed to go live until next Thursday.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
A mini direct was what we had january 2018,...not something you put in between september...and the E3 in june (and we even have rumors that Nintendo won't attend, so not even sure we have a june direct ffs).

I don't know what they are doing Nintendo but...is silence a new promotion ? I mean them and Sony are really getting good at it, but there's a very fragile frontier between building hype and bothering your fanbase.

GameXplain messed up. Nintendo confirmed in January that they were attending E3.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Still no tweet... anyone know how long Nintendo has maintained twitter silence before? Seems increasingly strange at this point.
They know they are in for a big backlash and a tsunami of insults. It would be counterproductive to tweet anything other than a direct announcement for the next few days.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has never delayed a direct to focus on a game release especially since we haven't had this long of a wait for a new one. If they really wanted to focus on AC then the direct would have been in january and we would get a dedicated Animal Crossing direct in February.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Am kinda glad that Direct is not happening this week since it would be first Direct since Switch era that i would not watch live

Mar 31, 2018
About the Nintendo Direct, I'm still surprised there hasn't been an announcement yet. However, I believe that rules can be broken and a direct can be announced in the second half of the month.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I say general direct next week because I will still be alive if it doesn't happen and words mean nothing anymore!!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has never delayed a direct to focus on a game release especially since we haven't had this long of a wait for a new one. If they really wanted to focus on AC then the direct would have been in january and we would get a dedicated Animal Crossing direct in February.
This was the normal thought process most of us had. January general direct. AC February direct

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Where does the argument that Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow their big release with a general Direct suddenly come from?

Did the September 2019 Direct overshadow Luigi's Mansion 3 or Pokémon Sw/Sh?
Did the September 2018 Direct overshadow Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Smash?
Did the September 2017 Direct overshadow Super Mario Odyssey?

Sorry but that's a poor argument considering Directs are being used to market/promote games and not to "overshadow" them. Especially when Animal Crossing hasn't received much promotion yet.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Guys, let's all try and relax a little. Nate said that his Direct speculation was just that...speculation. Nothing to get super concerned about long-term yet, as frustrating as Nintendo's silence is in the present.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Where does the argument that Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow their big release with a general Direct suddenly come from?

Did the September 2018 Direct overshadow Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Smash?

Sorry but that's a poor argument considering Directs are being used to market/promote games and not to "overshadow" them. Especially when Animal Crossing hasn't received much promotion yet.
Maybe the new CEO.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mod edit- offsite activity info removed

This is just a heads-up, I don't intend to discuss this any further except against moderators.
Yikes. Not gonna lie I was super glad when they were banned. I kept it to myself because I didn't want it to come off as gloating and catch a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it makes no sense. The general direct gives more promotion. Plus AC is huge. Nothing is overshadowing it. We assume ports, a few new Nintendo games and XenoblaDE are coming in the months after.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Among these two, what's worse?

Animal Crossing total lack of info a month before reelase?

Nintendo not having a direct and people being in the absolute darkness regarding their 2020 plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.