• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
What even was Zippo's track record? I can't find anything.

Why was their 2 Directs "You've already guessed what they obviously are" in February thing taken as gospel?

#TeamE3Direct

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
see y'all in March

I have zero clue why you would have believed in Zippp though.

Did you all miss what happened last time ?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Why would we need to learn anything
"There is no lesson in this" said Francokid1 as he stoically gazed into the approaching abyss. "No grand moral of the story. The end draws near all the same. God help us all." He lights a cigarette as he turns to walk away into an uncertain future, cape fluttering in the wind.

yeah I'm pretty bored lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also getting tired of people on social media making fun of people looking forward to a Nintendo direct.

I have a backlog of hundreds of games but directs are basically like opening gifts on Christmas. Almost nothing else gives that feeling of surprise anymore
I agree. Especially some of these media members going on twitter and talking down to people or telling people clear your backlog.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to zippos statement

There are still 2 weeks left in Feb.

Dunno if he's right or wrong but no need to act like children

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Honestly, when Nintendo is ready for wallets to open, they'll show what they've got.

Who knows why they're waiting so long;

whatever they're going to show isn't ready,
waiting for 3rd party deals,
internal delays,
Animal Crossing is literally all they're banking on for 1H 2020 (and frankly that might be true),
what have you.

When they're ready for cash and attention, they'll let us know. Til then, my backlog awaits.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have Nintendo announce they cancelled directs moving forward than having to wait for one to be announced at this point. Then they can announce news as they want

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
What even was Zippo's track record? I can't find anything.

Why was their 2 Directs "You've already guessed what they obviously are" in February thing taken as gospel?

#TeamE3Direct

He has no track record. He did say that last fighter pass character was not a Nintendo character but closely associated. And of course the final character was a Nintendo character. So at present, his track record is wishy washy at best.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I would love a Direct too, but man the negativity in this thread is something else. It's just video games. There are plenty of them out there to play. I've been taking my time through my second run of Fire Emblem and my backlog is huge. I understand the disappointment but there are already a ton of games on the Switch to play and I doubt everyone here has played them all. The announcements will come when they come

Some people want games that they're into, which I get. Animal Crossing fans want new info, Paper Mario, Metroid, Pikmin fans left out in the cold, etc. Of course we're negative.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The poor soul who manage NoA's twitter is literally the meme about two buttons and sweating guy, now.
Those replies won't be pretty.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Ditects are planned like at least a month ahead of time.
Do you guys think the Directs are recorded the week before? Bruh.
It's a nasty game of telephone with information that we aren't supposed to be clued in on at all.

It's always possible that someone sharing information is making it all up, but I like to err on the side of believing someone like Zippo, Emily, Zell, etc., and believe that they don't share to manipulate or drive false hope. At the end of the day, I believe they've all made pretty clear statements about information changing.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
He has no track record. He did say that last fighter pass character was not a Nintendo character but closely associated. And of course the final character was a Nintendo character. So at present, his track record is wishy washy at best.

I mean, he said at the end that he didn't know it was Byleth, so there's no track record at all.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's a nasty game of telephone with information that we aren't supposed to be clued in on at all.

It's always possible that someone sharing information is making it all up, but I like to err on the side of believing someone like Zippo, Emily, Zell, etc., and believe that they don't share to manipulate or drive false hope. At the end of the day, I believe they've all made pretty clear statements about information changing.
Yea but I mean, this time zippo was the only one, and he is also the only one without any previous actual leajs.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also getting tired of people on social media making fun of people looking forward to a Nintendo direct.

I have a backlog of hundreds of games but directs are basically like opening gifts on Christmas. Almost nothing else gives that feeling of surprise anymore

People aren't in wrong for looking forward for Nintendo Directs because they always are fun to watch, etc. But some people just took it too far with Nintendo Direct anticipation which probably rubbed them off wrong. Just don't let people make you feel bad about being excited for Nintendo Directs.

For me personally, I find it hard to get excited about Directs before the announcements since I don't know when they are going to happens. However when they announced the date then I'm all in and get hype for it.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps Nintendo is suffering from shortages and that's why they can't have the next Direct manufactured on time. Hopefully sales don't dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.