• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Ok ok, my bad, I thought I read somewhere it was the first one. Though I am probably older than 95% of era I haven't been gaming on consoles (or handhelds) prior to the Wii, I was PC only, so I have an excuse for not knowing. :-)

You can, however, look up a wiki.
I don't get this notion of just posting baseless info without any fact checking.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ACNH is the most excited I've been for a game since BotW. I vow to not ruin my experience with this game by abusing the power of resetera and the turnip market to completely break the game's economy in the first couple weeks. Making 70million bells by the second week last time around really ruined the game for me.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Here is the info for the investors stuff going down this week.

t1580371200z4.png

This countdown is for the Financial Release. Here we should expect updates on sales. Particularly, games that sold 1m+ this past quarter and the top 10 selling Switch games. Look forward to updates on recent games Pokémon Sword and Shield, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3 as well as evergreens such as BotW, Smash, Odyssey and MK8D.

t1580432400z4.png

this countdown is for the Investors Briefing. Here, Nintendo will tell investors how they plan to approach the upcoming year. Don't expect much in the way of new console game announcements. However, mobile games have historically been announced here. As well as non-gaming ventures such as the Mario movie and Universal theme parks. There is also a Q&A that gets posted, sometimes with interesting questions and sometimes humorous.

Thanks to Dark Cloud for the countdowns!

oh damn, thank you for this

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
You can, however, look up a wiki.
I don't get this notion of just posting baseless info without any fact checking.
Because I always believed this to be true, for years now. Do you go to a wiki to check everything you post just on the off chance your belief from many years was wrong? (don't answer, this was rhetorical, no one does). If I wasn't sure at the time i posted it, I would have checked.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
No I said Paper Mario between the headlines 1 and 2.

So an big opening game.

Than Switch headlines with Bayonetta 3 re reveal and short new information about the games we know about and wii u port 1

Then an big Paper Mario reveal
Switch headlines 2
Wii u port 2
3rd party stuff
Smash 6 character

Then metroid 2d
And an big game the last game of the direct.

Nintendo must be on fire this year.
That would be 4 big, non ports, first party game reveals if Paper Mario is announced in the headlines part. That's maybe a bit too much.
Add the ports reveal, the probable eshop new game, the possible Detective Club remakes announcement, updates on Animal Crossing and Xenoblade remake, and that's probably way too much in comparison to what Nintendo usualy does.

Paper Mario, if announced here, is definitely not being announced in the headlines. I think they'll start with it. But it could be at the end too.

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of this:
  • First reveal is Paper Mario. Shows off the new battle system (or is it old battle system?), art style, and partners. Vague 2020 release date. One of the normal guys comes on afterwards to confirm a return to form for the series.
  • Indie segment
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe revealed, April release date. New story content that takes place before the main story of the game.
  • Third party stuff
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition release date revealed, it's May to the surprise of absolutely no one.
  • Super Mario 3D World Deluxe revealed, comes out in June.
  • More third party shiz
  • Animal Crossing segment.
  • Third party montage, like what they did at E3.
  • Metroid 5 revealed as the last announcement, retains all the mechanics from Samus Returns. 2020 release date.
  • Oh no wait, one more thing: The unannounced EPD Group 9 game is revealed. 2020 release date.

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you forgot how bad it was for the year and a half we knew the Switch only by the codename NX.
I don't remember if it was Eurogamer or Emily but I was in full hype mode once the NX rumours began, right until the Switch reveal with Mario behind the curtain. I think it was Emily.

That rumour/leak was the best one for me even though those days were so frustrating with all the people who didn't believe it.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Because I always believed this to be true, for years now. Do you go to a wiki to check everything you post just on the off chance your belief from many years was wrong? (don't answer, this was rhetorical, no one does). If I wasn't sure at the time i posted it, I would have checked.

You can lowkey stab under water and say no one does but I do in fact, fact check, before I post something.

Preble

Nov 7, 2017
Its always funny when people list these Direct Predictions paragraphs its always like:

-Detailed "Return to Form" description of a Nintendo IP
-Online Update for Switch
-New SMASH character
-Third party stuff
-Revived Nintendo IP from 20 years ago

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I think the direct will be
- First party
- First party
- First party
- First party
- First party
- Third party whatever games in a 20 seconds slideshow
- First party
- First party

That seems plausible.
Ok I kid, but I really wonder if some people watched the last 3 years directs : D.
I'd like to give my prediction but I just don't feel good enough to think a whole direct especially considering all the games I don't know and probably will appear.
I could name a few I'm sure we'll see but even then those might be announced directly from the publisher.

I personally expect 65-70% 3rd including rare big indies like Hollow Knight maaaybe, and 30-35% first/exclusivity/NSO... max.

Doesn't feel Direct thread but First Party OT.
That's how you end up with a Wii U.

Last edited:

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
My per

• First reveal is Paper Mario. Shows off the new battle system (or is it old battle system?), art style, and partners. Vague 2020 release date. One of the normal guys comes on afterwards to confirm a return to form for the series.
  • Indie segment
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe revealed, April release date. New story content that takes place before the main story of the game.
  • Third party stuff
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition release date revealed, it's May to the surprise of absolutely no one.
  • More third party shiz
  • Metroid 5 revealed as the last announcement, retains all the mechanics from Samus Returns. 2020 release date.
  • Oh no wait, one more thing: The unannounced EPD Group 9 game is revealed. 2020 release date.
That is an good direct misses only Bayonetta 3 in the direct. But when the last game is Diddy kong racing 2 with dk characters than this direct is the perfect one. Otherwise i miss an donkey kong game in the direct your predict haha.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
My per

• Indie segment
  • Third party stuff
  • More third party shiz
That's pretty solid
(I would love it alone for Metroid)
We still don't know much about Bayonetta 3, so we could see that too, but I am confident it's still going well even if we don't see it now.
What I'm missing here is some kind of curveball shadowdrop like Tetris 99.
It was one of the best games of last year.
I could see something along that line coming this year too, but I wouldn't bet on it.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Considering last year we got Assassin's Creed III, III Liberation, Black Flag and Rogue, does anyone else expect The Ezio Collection for this year?

Team January homies, our time is coming.
Time to change vote, yes. We lost.

In all seriousness, even if technically there's a chance, nothing is happening, we would know by now. Not a single fake 4chan or reddit leak, no twitter prophet saying a direct is coming, insiders are dead silent, nothing is happening and I bet it won't be next week either.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Let's not pretend that TMS is a major release. Saving Tokyo with the power of jpop is really as niche as it gets.
If Nintendo had released 3D World in January, far less people would be complaining about the weak early 2020.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Feb 4 is my birthday.
If a Direct is announced I'll be partying by stopping lurking this thread and finally play a Nintendo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.