• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was just Imran speculating. Since Sawano likely owns the rights, Nintendo would need to pay out additional licensing fees to port the game as opposed to other titles in which they own the music.
I figured as much, but I think Sawano would be easy to work with. TMS has music that's from singers from Avex, no? and that game has lower sale potential

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm team next week, but if it happens this week, I wouldn't mind, I think it is finally time for some new first party games

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
hey guys physics 212 has been kicking my ass but i am happy to report after a hellish weekend of working a 12 hour workday, an 8 hour workday, and cramming as much as i could on my breaks and in between, i think i'm finally starting to get the hang of it. not fully ready for my exam tomorrow but i am slowly getting there, wish me luck.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
If I were a true agent of chaos, I'd tweet or make a YT video every single week that says, "good chance a Direct airs this week or next week because GameStop has a new sku in the system!"

Folks have Wonderful 101 Kickstarter to look forward to tomorrow. That's something for the week.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
February-2020-Direct-bingo.png
Seeing that Astroneer port space reminded me that I still wish for a Subnautica port.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Here's a completely random and not overly well-researched thought:

Ys 9 came out in Japan last year and Falcom hasn't announced an English version yet, right? But we're getting a Switch version of Trails of Cold Steel 3, which (I think?) runs on the same engine as Ys 9. And we already got Ys 8 on Switch.

Soooo... I think you can see where I'm going with this.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a completely random and not overly well-researched thought:

Ys 9 came out in Japan last year and Falcom hasn't announced an English version yet, right? But we're getting a Switch version of Trails of Cold Steel 3, which (I think?) runs on the same engine as Ys 9. And we already got Ys 8 on Switch.

Soooo... I think you can see where I'm going with this.
No way Adol makes it into Smash, sorry

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
did anything come out in 2012 on the wii 1st party wise

was it just the project rainfall games?

Those were dark times to be a nintendo fan...

I guess Nintendo was preparing for the transition to HD development and the launch of the Wii U.
But even with the huge software drought at the end of the Wii's life cycle, the Wii U launch was still a disaster.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
The great thing about Wii Sport was, Anybody could play and enjoy it.
I'd be so happy to get a modernized version of it.

The Switch is what the Wii U should have been. A portable Wii, with great 3rd Party support (ports), great Nintendo Classics and Motion Plus controllers optimized (read Joy Con).

Drago

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rhythm Heaven Fever and Xenoblade were 2012 if you are a true blooded american and those are some of the best games Nintendo ever put out

Also we got a 3 years late Pikmin 2 port and game of the decade Kid Icarus over on 3DS

It was a good year!!!!!
Rhythm Heaven on switch when!!!!!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'll probably back W101 the bare minimum to get a Switch code if that minimum is $30 or less. I trust Platinum to deliver a straight port with little issue

Status
Not open for further replies.