Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This happened Monday, and today is only Wednesday.

We've since had;
- Smash 3.0 update and fighter DLC fully revealed and scheduled to drop, including map maker and sharing feature, tomorrow
- Travis Strikes Again DLC #2 moved forward from April 30th to...tomorrow

Plenty of time for more shit to drop before I get the goddamn thing back!

Where were you when the Wii U needed you?

TrainerRed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snake Way
Banjo?
e497d27ac711dd44e6b7fde796759a5d.jpg

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
This is such an insult to fans of Persona. Placing him in Smash without getting the game to the Switch is like saying here you have your waffle but you can't get the ice cream. Why even care then...
A huge amount of lovingly crafted and curated content from Persona being added into Smash is *checks notes* an insult to Persona fans.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I dont dislike them, i just think they're poor on switch

Besides, nothing i've posted is particularly controversial. Why is it upsetting you so much?
It's just that 90% of your posts revolve around that topic.
And most of the time your arguments are really bad, and you dismiss sensible replies making you look like a troll.
Atlus is just fucking slow.
And apart from Sakura Wars I don't Sega how Sega has been bad on Switch.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Atlus would be the one releasing the news, not Nintendo. And in any case, Nintendo has had Directs the same week and even the same day as the investors meeting before, for example May 7, 2015 had both an investors meeting and a Splatoon Direct. October 27, 2016 had both an investors meeting and a Monster Hunter Direct. I doubt they'll announce anything next week apart from mobile games, E3 plans and probably the revisions but anything is possible if we look at NIntendo's past history.

Doesn't matter, we talking about releasing DLC for Nintendo game, not DLC for some 3rd party game, so Nintendo decides when DLC will be released not Atlus.
It had but very rarely, and quarter results bring much more attention (general gaming attention) than investors meeting, quarter results are what bringing big hadlines in all gaming media (Switch sold 37m units, Zelda hit 13m units...) not what Nintendo answered on some investors meeting. and Nintendo on 25. April has quarter results, but in any case, thats Direct, we here talking about releasing DLC.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
After the Persona concert, anyway, I suppose that no one will think about a Persona 5 port anymore. It is really the last occasione in my opinion - with very low chances after all we got in these last days.

I dont see why Persona for Switch needs to be announced at concert, actually I could easily see being part of Nintendo E3 Direct.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I dont see why Persona for Switch needs to be announced at concert, actually I could easily see being part of Nintendo E3 Direct.
It would make sense to announce it close to the Smash DLC releasing, so there's that. If it doesn't happen next week I'll really start to second guess myself about Persona 5 coming to Switch. They could announce it at E3 but now seems like the right time with all the momentum around Persona with the Smash DLC and the Persona concert. But we all know Atlus can drag shit out for months or years so who knows.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019

Well it doesn't have to be announced there, but it makes the most sense. You'd surely want to reveal it close to the smash DLC while interest with Joker and Persona is peaked, and the concert is a big event for Atlus announcing other games

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So Joker took like 2 months between piranha plant release and his release

In 2 months we have E3

Do you guys think we will have the announcement and release of the next DLC character at E3 or they will announce it earlier?

And if they are going to announce it earlier than ... where? Just drop the trailer on youtube? Is there a big even coming? Bafta?

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Do you guys think we will have the announcement and release of the next DLC character at E3 or they will announce it earlier?

And if they are going to announce it earlier than ... where? Just drop the trailer on youtube? Is there a big even coming? Bafta?

I predict an E3 reveal similar to the trailer we just got for a Joker, and an 'available now' or 'available tomorrow' just like how Joker was dropped for character 2

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
People are really thirsty for some banjo action huh?

That's just a generic witch, peeps. Grunty always wears her purple scarf, even when she's dead.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
It would make sense to announce it close to the Smash DLC releasing, so there's that. If it doesn't happen next week I'll really start to second guess myself about Persona 5 coming to Switch. They could announce it at E3 but now seems like the right time with all the momentum around Persona with the Smash DLC and the Persona concert. But we all know Atlus can drag shit out for months or years so who knows.

Well it doesn't have to be announced there, but it makes the most sense. You'd surely want to reveal it close to the smash DLC while interest with Joker and Persona is peaked, and the concert is a big event for Atlus announcing other games

I agree, but that also depends from when game could be released, also E3 is just less than two months away, around 1.5 month after Persona concert.

Atlus usually announces things by itself - like Persona Q2, just to say a game release on a Nintendo platform.

Well Persona 5 for Switch news would definitely be much bigger news than Persona Q2 in any case, so maybe Nintendo and Atlus make agreement to announced it on E3. I mean we dont know, all options are on table, I just dont agree with people that saying that if its not announced this month its not coming at all.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I might actually prefer the unpredictability of Twitter Directs. There have been no insiders popping in and calling these announcements.

Gives me hope that things I want to be announced don't have to happen in Nintendo's normal Direct pattern of announcement followed by the actual even a day or two later.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might actually prefer the unpredictability of Twitter Directs. There have been no insiders popping in and calling these announcements.

Gives me hope that things I want to be announced don't have to happen in Nintendo's normal Direct pattern of announcement followed by the actual even a day or two later.
If you want bigger games, then don't expect them to be dropped on Twitter. Joker in Smash isn't new. He came at the Game Awards.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Doesn't matter, we talking about releasing DLC for Nintendo game, not DLC for some 3rd party game, so Nintendo decides when DLC will be released not Atlus.
It had but very rarely, and quarter results bring much more attention (general gaming attention) than investors meeting, quarter results are what bringing big hadlines in all gaming media (Switch sold 37m units, Zelda hit 13m units...) not what Nintendo answered on some investors meeting. and Nintendo on 25. April has quarter results, but in any case, thats Direct, we here talking about releasing DLC.
Quarter results are given the day before investors meeting.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why that video debunks Doomguy or Erdrick, it just debunks one specific rumor that includes those characters. Both Doomguy and Erdrick were guesses or speculation long before that rumor.

Everyone uses this thread for everything at this point tbh.

Yup. By the way can any of you pick up my dry cleaning?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The financial earnings drop one week from today in America. It'll be around Wednesday evening (April 24th).

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, I like it.
Also the Smash Bros Video has been a Smash Bros Direct in all but name.
It was just as lengthy and meaty.
You could fear that they will now slowly phase out normal directs, but that won't be the case in my opinion.
Directs give much more attention to games that otherwise wouldn't have gotten it, so they still have a place.
But for established games like Smash Bros just dropping a video makes sense, and you keep the surprises.

Last edited:

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I like it.
Also the Smash Bros Video has been a Smash Bros Direct in all but name.
It was just as lengthy and meaty.
You could fear that they will now slowly phase out normal directs, but that won't be the case in my opinion.
Directs give much more attention to games that otherwise wouldn't have gotten it, so they still have aplce.
But for established games like Smash Bros just dropping a video makes sense, and you keep the surprises.
I'm sad that Reggie took the Nintendo directs with him.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm not sure why that video debunks Doomguy or Erdrick, it just debunks one specific rumor that includes those characters. Both Doomguy and Erdrick were guesses or speculation long before that rumor.
Yeah. The thing is that while Erdrick was part of the deconfirmed rumor, Erdrick was also part of multiple other rumors (and is a logical choice, + likely datamined correctly at this point).
Doomguy/Ryu/Steve are another rumor from another poster. Some people thought it was the same because it's the same forum, but it was a different user ID. So technically, this rumor isn't exactly deconfirmed yet.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I predict an E3 reveal similar to the trailer we just got for a Joker, and an 'available now' or 'available tomorrow' just like how Joker was dropped for character 2
The thing is Joker took four months from announcement to release. Don't if this is healthy for a dlc release. Maybe a shorter timespan like you suggest would be better

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
It's pretty obvious MUA3 and/or Fire Emblem were originally supposed to be April/May games and got pushed back slightly. Definitely Fire Emblem was pushed back, because it was originally Spring. Marvel is a guess based on the fact that releasing closer to End Game would make way more sense than July.
I agree, but the current release date is right after Spider-Man: Far from Home and before the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Endgame, so it's not totally random. And I'm fine with a minor delay if it makes the game that much better.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
But you said same week. Directs and investors meeting/quarter results can happen on the same week, it has happened before many times. I don't think it'll happen next week tho.

I also said "same day" but you ignoring that like usually when you making discussion.
I also said that Nintendo doesn't release "games and DLCs" on same week with quarter results, but you ignored that part also.
Also, Directs in same week with quarter results are very rare, few exceptions that did happen don't change that fact.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I was going to say, I think you guys are grasping at straws over the witch thing but... Nintendo refer to MS as "our friends at Microsoft" at the Cuphead for Switch reveal so... Anything is possible, I guess?

Basically I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo did or did not come to Smash at this point.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Yeah, that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 date seems really late. It's frustrating how Nintendo releases all these games at once.

Granted they care more about legs than initial launch sales, but it's annoying having nothing much to play for February and March and then July of all months is slammed.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I also said "same day" but you ignoring that like usually when you making discussion.
I also said that Nintendo doesn't release "games and DLCs" on same week with quarter results, but you ignored that part also.
Also, Directs in same week with quarter results are very rare, few exceptions that did happen don't change that fact.
You said Nintendo doesn't release games and DLC news on the same week of quarter results and investors briefing and I simply showed you there have been Directs on the same week and day as of investors meeting and quarter results, as these two always happen on the same week.

Concert is on 25. April right? Same week and day like Nintendo quarter results and investor meeting,
Nintendo doesnt release games, DLCs (or even rearly big game) news in same week with quarter results because they don't want that sells numbers overshadow their release.

I'm not ignoring anything wtf, I simply wanted to provide some extra information showing that Directs and investors meeting can happen on the same week, nothing else, not that it will happen next week tho. Anyway, this is useless, I'm done with it.

PrincessZelda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Aaaaaand no direct this week. Safe to say that all we can expect between now and E3 are trailers for SMM2 or direct focused solely on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.