• New IP

Votes: 146 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
If we go into September with the only 1st party game announced for the year being a Wii U port that will struggle to sell a million copies, I will very seriously begin to question wtf is going on.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Well... this means more Switch-related news is coming this week then.
This is exactly how I see it. That was TERRIBLE but it makes me hopeful of getting things out of the way for Friday. Hopefully. Lol
EDIT: Shit you mean non-Nintendo lol fuck me
OMG i called the Mini direct today once I saw Zhuge talking about it. He'll yes it's out of the way. That means we get a General Direct announcement tomorrow!!!
My thoughts exactly! Showing all those 3rd parties today would make way less sense if Friday was a Mini. General is back on the menu boys.
EDIT: Who knows now. If there's nothing 1st party at all this week I'll be ruined lmao
Somehow Nate, Captain, Kelios, and Grubb are all wrong? Unless there's two Directs in one week...
LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE (MAYBE PROBABLY NOT)
Oh yeah that partner was garbage.
Worst software presentation Nintendo has ever done but I can't even be mad because of the potential implications for this Friday and beyond!!

EDIT: Again who tf knows anymore, I can't even think straight right now

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
All Nintendo is doing with these partner showcases is highlighting how completely abysmal their third party support is. SMT should have been in a general and everything else from the last two partner showcases shoved into a highlight reel.

What the hell. It would be like going back a year and having a partner showcase for Tsum Tsum Festival and Assassins Credd Black Flag.

What on earth are they doing. This is Wii ere Nintendo stuff

Galo

One Winged Slayer
Jul 31, 2020
Germany
Man what a day it's been. Absolutely amazing XD
That Final Fantasy Land Collection is coming out on my birthday! Maybe I'll grab it. :D

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonising other members, history of similar behaviour
Why is passing assassin always so mean toward someone whenever he posts something. You don't have to attack personally our insiders who have been nailing everything else. Hope you'll eat your crows friday but we probably won't see you if something happen on Friday.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
People should forget about the traditional Direct format by now. I think Nintendo is going to be doing smaller Directs, more often. Indie ones, Partner ones, and maybe a general one where they show their own games.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Nintendo should pay for a bugsnax port

Would legit be their 3rd or 4th biggest release this year after AC, PM, and CG.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was so bad about it?

Saga Collection, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and the Drum RPG are all day 1.

that boxing game looked like Ready to Rumble, optimistic about it too.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Also, Jeff Grubb said Friday stands somewhat in dissent with the general rumor mill. So, if nothing happens Friday, then he was right. So, not "every single insider."

Taking these insiders (especially Grubb) seriously is like believing in horoscopes. You can tell a thing without actually telling a thing and people will always find that when looking at the big picture, the thing was actually there. After a lots of twisting and turning, but the thing was still there.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
This may sound crazy, but I'm starting to believe there might be a Switch 2 next year.
Almost no games this year, just feels like they're saving everything for next year.

I really would give money to know what in the world is going on at Nintendo...

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
This is Nintendo absolutely shitting on the Direct branding. Really cant think of a worse scenario. I prefer nothing to this and I am not joking.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do I buy a couple of Nintendo vouchers (yes they're still a thing over here) for Pikmin and Paper Mario, or Pikmin and hold out for Mario 3D collection?

Do we expect a collection to be full price (to get value from the voucher) or possibly lower price/piecemeal? And is it wrong that from the list of games rumoured, I'm more excited to replay Sunshine than 64 or Galaxy?

Sep 29, 2019
It seems like the Partner Showcase is going to be a monthly thing now. I wonder if this is a new type of direct? Indie World for, well, indies. Partner Showcase for games that don't actually fit inside the Indie but also don't fit in a general one and General one for the big announcements. Nintendo maybe could use this every month even after this whole covid thing maybe to close gaps or to keep fans "entertained"? not that anyone cares about like, 90% of the games shown, but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.