Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Where was Bayonetta 3??

giphy.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Mh is not amazing looking, looks nothing like the new game (DONT WANT IT NOR EXPECT IT TO EXACTLY LOOK LIKE IT BUT ...) more like an engine revision from the older titles on 3ds-wiiu ...
They are still shoving the same crap down our throats.
Disagree. Are you watching the direct right now?

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Will of the Wisps will run at 60fps on Switch :)
Wow that's awesome

That was actually a really great mini Direct. Rune Factory 5 looks great. Disgaea 6 looks good. Both Monster Hunter games looked awesome and I'm not even a fan of the series. Ori and the Will of the Wisps is GOTY 2020 and I'm happy more people will get to play it.

Now excuse me while I go back to hoping for Bravely Default II for the next one.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to note that there are still discrete locales, but now seamless transitions between them. A decent compromise.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
This was probably the best of the 3 Partner Directs even if nothing really is for me. I might try Hades since I've heard good things and I like the setting and art style. I'd like to play Ori but I have a feeling it's more Hollow Knight than Castlevania and I really couldn't get into HK.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo has A LOT more software left to showcase in the near? future as well. There's so much in the pipeline, make all future partner showcases like this please.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
After how lackluster the last one was, this FAAAAAAR exceeded expectations.

So many great game announcements. 2021 is packed already.
Keep in mind that the year isn't over yet. We could even get another Nintendo announcement or two of a new game or DLC this month in September. So we basically have October, November, and December (which will have The Game Awards, let's not forget) that will reveal new Nintendo announcements to look forward to...

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Disagree. Are you watching the direct right now?
Well, they used the same wii engine without any improvements on the wiiu and on the switch port as well. This looks like it is a bit polished version of that. Nothing groundbreaking -certainly not good looking as doom 2016, witcher or even nintendos own games WHICH came out on the devices launch window )

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not really my thing but I'm happy for the people that enjoyed it.

No Persona 5 Scramble localization yet again was still disappointing.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
This was a pretty massive direct. Partner directs of this calibre was yum!

Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Disgaea 6
Will of the WIsps

All announced in a single direct.

Though, Doom Eternal still missing.. that's weird.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Well, they used the same wii engine without any improvements on the wiiu and on the switch port as well. This looks like it is a bit polished version of that. Nothing groundbreaking -certainly not good looking as doom 2016, witcher or even nintendos own games WHICH came out on the devices launch window )
Reusing the same engine doesn't bother me. I'm more concerned with the fidelity and this looks way better than those titles (it should!)

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Yeah, I get you, but I'm honestly used to playing Dynasty Warriors games (which are nothing to brag home about) and somehow this game is growing on me.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
I have to say this was pretty hype. I'm not a Monster Hunter guy, but I'm intrigued. Seems like the perfect game to launch with the Switch "Pro" if I'm gonna be honest lol.

Rune Factory 5? My jam. Ori? Fuck me up. It just slapped from beginning to end.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish I could get excited about games I have already played better versions of. And Disgaea, Rune Factory, and Breath of the Monster Hunter all get hard passes from me.