Place Your Bets: Will Metroid Prime 4 finally show up in this Direct?

• Yes, it's time.

Votes: 397 35.1%
  • No, but MP4 is still a Switch 1-only game.

Votes: 38 3.4%
  • No, the game is cross-gen at this point.

Votes: 397 35.1%
  • No, it's probably Switch 2-only now.

Votes: 299 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
What if we got Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks reconfigured instead?

spirit tracks needs a warp system. that's the main thing holding it back from greater heights in the zelda series. it would shorten the game a lot but that's okay. it would make it better.

i don't know if you can fix phantom hourglass. the game is super easy already. the sailing is boring, and the story is unforgivably stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
What if we got Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks reconfigured instead?

I actually think these games have some of the best bosses in the entire series, though it'll be tough to rework them for something like Switch because many of them use the Nintendo DS's features in really cool ways.

IMO the main thing that keeps me from returning to the DS Zelda games are the touch only controls, so reworking them with button controls would make me very happy.

Feb 9, 2024
We're not seeing GC NSO until the Succ, at least. Emulated GC and Wii games on Switch use some kind of hybrid recopilation iirc? That's why we're getting piecemeal releases combined with remakes.

Now, Rogué Squadron? Yes, please! It baffles me that every retro Star Wars game is slowly getting re-released but no Rogué Squadron in sight. As Nintendo console games, they were iconic.

Honestly, i want them to rescue more 3DS games. We're imevitably going to lose stereoscopic 3D, but please bring back Pushmo, Kid Icarus Uprising, Steel Diver Subwars and many others, they deserve a second chance.

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get a localization of Goodfeel's Mameda no Bakeru because I just imported it and that's how this always goes. Also, no new DK game, but a Kong drop on NSO with at least DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing. If there's a new platform, I think it will be something unexciting but good like TG16. Finally, for a something wild, how about a roguelite Star Fox with N64 aesthetics?

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing Nintendo could do that'd truly blow my socks off is reveal they were lying about Animal Crossing DLC.

It still seems crazy to me they didn't make a serious attempt at a live service game outside of the first year of support ended with a content patch...but Nintendo obviously knows what they're doing this gen so I'm just going to shut up.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wesker-resident-evil-live-action.gif

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
With the switch successor being so close I honestly don't want to see anything big today. Better they save stuff for the new hardware. We have waited so long for Metroid Prime 4 we can wait a bit longer.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
With the switch successor being so close I honestly don't want to see anything big today. Better they save stuff for the new hardware. We have waited so long for Metroid Prime 4 we can wait a bit longer.

This is how I feel, too.
Everything they reveal today would play better in the Switch's successor so might as well just hold it 'til then.

Eye Konik

Nov 17, 2023
This is very likely the last ND before the announcement of the Switch 2.

Kind of crazy knowing the next ND after this will be about games for the next system.

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder when and where we're going to see the next Bravely game that Asano teased earlier this year. I'm holding out hope it is going to be Bravely III.

Also, with the rumors about Fantasian getting ported, I wonder when we're going to see Sakaguchi's new game project. He did mention working on a new "dark fantasy" game about a year and a half ago and then virtually nothing since.

Last edited:

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
I've not got any major wants from this Direct. It'd be cool to see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports but it's not the be all and end all if they aren't there.

Never did get to play Xenoblade X so that'd be cool to see. And if they want to do more ports, Kid Icarus Uprising would be nice to see with dual stick controls and F Zero GX getting a HD release would similarly be nice.

Wondering if we'll see some release dates for some indies such as The Gecko Gods and Plucky Squire. The latter wasn't part of the Devolver Direct and it was said we'll get news on it later. I know it's not much later but could see them having Plucky Squire as part of a Direct to announce a date. Again, it'd be cool but happy enough to wait on that one. Just curious when we'll see a date for it if not at the Direct today but then Devolver go to the beat of their own drum so they could just drop a trailer later in the summer for all we know.

Keeping expectations low though. Sure it'll be a solid show but best to go in with expectations checked as always for any Direct/Showcase.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I think all I want are ports, which is lame but I'm kinda happy to wait for new iterations of things for the Switch 2. But I'd love to round out the year playing some older Zelda games ported over to Switch and maybe they could release Prime 2 and 3 as well?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get a localization of Goodfeel's Mameda no Bakeru because I just imported it and that's how this always goes. Also, no new DK game, but a Kong drop on NSO with at least DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing. If there's a new platform, I think it will be something unexciting but good like TG16. Finally, for a something wild, how about a roguelite Star Fox with N64 aesthetics?

They also sent a DMCA to the fan translation a week and a half ago IIRC. This will 100% be in this event, and maybe Good-Feel is self-publishing because the claim was not by Nintendo of America.

You don't ask a fan translation to stop being circulated unless you plan on an official release yourselves.

Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting a lot from this Direct, tbh. And I can't really complain — I've had my share of exciting announcements already (and a handful of games I still haven't played since I don't have the time).

Dream scenario: new Hotel Dusk game, new M&L game (or a remake of Partners in Time). But veeeeery doubtful.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1

Xenoblade Warriors

Perfect timing for the next Nintendo-licensed Warriors. FE and Zelda are currently fully supplied and the next best IP would be Xenoblade:

• lots of content (opportunity for season passes) : 3 main games of Chronicles incl. DLC, Xenoblade X
  • lots of characters, locales, bosses etc.
  • lots of weapons/ fighting styles/ gameplay systems
  • great wrap up for Monoliths Xenoblade saga before they enter new realms with their next game/ great snack in the meantime
  • great way to grow the IP afterwards
  • Switch 2/ Deluxe Port probable (see Hyrule Warriors)

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm putting it into the universe, in hopes of manifesting it; we'll see the FFT Remake/Remaster along with a release date (for all platforms).

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
My only prediction is the same thing as my one hope:

There'll be a brand new major-franchise first-party title to finish the Nintendo Direct, in the vein of a new 2D Zelda, F-Zero, Mario Maker 3D, or 3D Donkey Kong, something like that.

All this talk of flooding us with ports, but there's absolutely no reason not to include something like that for the Switch's "final" holiday period, especially if Switch 2 has backwards compatibility.

EDIT: Never mind apparently noted Direct leaker Pyoro is not hinting at such a thing. Oh well. Maybe I'll switch my hopes back to Pushmo/Pullblox.

Last edited:

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
my (extremely conservative) predictions:

wave race 64 2
mystical ninja starring goemon 2
ocarina of time 2
bomberman hero 2
xenoblade x 2
bloodborne 2

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there will be at least one game that I find interesting shown for the first time in this Direct.

That's where my expectations are.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
English translations of the M2 Shot Triggers games and announce that their new one is Mushihimesama Futari please.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The only thing Nintendo could do that'd truly blow my socks off is reveal they were lying about Animal Crossing DLC.

It still seems crazy to me they didn't make a serious attempt at a live service game outside of the first year of support ended with a content patch...but Nintendo obviously knows what they're doing this gen so I'm just going to shut up.
There was a decent amount of crossover with Splatoon 3 in staff (32.5%), so it may not have been feasible. Besides, they'll probably have a new Animal Crossing ready for the Switch 2 within the first year or so.

Pynchon

Feb 24, 2021
I think the discussion is 24 pages of people asking for sequels, remasters, or remakes. What about completely new games?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think the discussion is 24 pages of people asking for sequels, remasters, or remakes. What about completely new games?
If I ask you, "what do you want to eat today?" you are more likely to tell me something you know than something you don't know.

Because it is obviously more difficult to conceptualize the unknown.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We just got Princess Peach anyway, if they're doing more new IP it's 100% being saved for Switch 2 launch, and it's going to be another 1-2-Switch like. Monkey paw etc...

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

If the rumours were true and the successor was supposed to land at the end of this year before being delayed, I can't see how they'd have much big in the way to show for the Switch left, outside of the Wind Waker remaster port that's been sitting behind the "Break In Case of Emergency" glass.

I'm keeping my expectations firmly in check, but would be nice to see one big final announcement for Switch.

Jan 15, 2019
It's hard to think of something I want to see in terms of new games because after 7+ years of the Switch I'm comfortable waiting a few extra months to see those games on Switch 2 instead. At this point I'd even prefer holding off on the WW/TP Wii U ports to get full Switch 2 remakes instead (fun fact: WW HD is older now than WW was when the HD remaster released). I would've loved having those games back in, say, 2021, but we're so far removed from those remasters being new that unless they're going to sell them as a 2-for-1 bundle I'd rather see something more ambitious.

It's a weird feeling, the first direct I've experienced where I'm kinda hoping games *don't* get announced. The Switch has been the best system I've ever owned, but it's earned its rest now. An ideal direct for me at this point would just be announcing, like, a few dozen new additions to the NSO service and saying "see ya in September for the Switch 2 reveal."

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
Honestly, i think they should show all games coming to og Switch, i dont knew if it make much sense to have to point out every time a game (ok it would probably be like 2 times) is cross gen in the Switch 2 prsentation

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023

I think it's just got to the point where people would rather see bigger new games on Switch 2 rather than have a 3DS like situation where games like Metroid Samus Returns came out but everyone wished they were on the newer more powerful hardware.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I have training at work today, and I swear to god it better not happen at the same time as the Direct :(

Status
Not open for further replies.