• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Don't mean to be dramatic but I think this direct is going to be THE landmark direct that shows 3rd parties finally embracing the Switch on the same level as the Wii and the DS. Developers have had more than enough time to gauge the Switch's popularity and see how everything sells like hotcakes on it. Now we're going to see the fruits of Nintendo's labor.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So this is gonna be a serious Direct?

40 minutes of balls to the walls crazy Nintendo Direct action!

Now THIS would be a dope December release!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't mean to be dramatic but I think this direct is going to be THE landmark direct that shows 3rd parties finally embracing the Switch on the same level as the Wii and the DS. Developers have had more than enough time to gauge the Switch's popularity and see how everything sells like hotcakes on it. Now we're going to see the fruits of Nintendo's labor.
It is from the sounds of it. Nintendo is taking third party very serious. It's all come together

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think we'll definitely see Mua3 dlc info, If just a story/gauntlet/endurance trailer oh and costumes

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
So, last year, we got SE announcing all the Final Fantasy games coming to Switch. What if, tomorrow, they announce Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far, along with Kingdom Hearts 3, and top it off with Sora in Smash? That would be pretty insane.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, last year, we got SE announcing all the Final Fantasy games coming to Switch. What if, tomorrow, they announce Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far, along with Kingdom Hearts 3, and top it off with Sora in Smash? That would be pretty insane.
Back in February, insiders implied that KH on the Switch was still awhile away.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to think that a Direct that happens now mostly because of the TGS won't have japanese third party games

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they'll mention BotW2 in some way -
best case a brief teaser
worst case "we know you're all looking forward to the sequel to breath of the wild....and we're all working very hard to make it the best it can be. But for now we'd like to ask that you wait a little longer." etc.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

We will have some cool reveals like Overwatch and Assassin's Creed, but overall it's still be similar to last two directs in terms of third party presence.

I think the games/ports that would make the most sense will still be no show here.

Eidos, Squares European side, never had anything for Switch so far, I don't expect this to change. No Tomb Raider, no Just Cause.

2K will also be no show. They have the games that make the most sense on Switch: GTA5, Borderlands (Randy wants it though) and Bioshock (Ken Levine is one of the biggest Nintendo fans ever lived, dumped his girlfriend over Ocarina of Time. How come his games are not on any Nintendo platform?). Yet I still don't see any of their games tomorrow.

Third parties to look out: Square Japan and Capcom. If there are some sweet surprises tomorrow, they'll come from them. I'm ready for Square to blow me away with their next omg announcement.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they'll mention BotW2 in some way -
best case a brief teaser
worst case "we know you're all looking forward to the sequel to breath of the wild....and we're all working very hard to make it the best it can be. But for now we'd like to ask that you wait a little longer." etc.
This is so accurate it hurts... especially the worst case part. LOL Would love just a *glimpse* of the direction they're going with gameplay-wise.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The Direct being announced when everyone was expecting it
And
Nintendo having a ton of games to keep people busy since E3 made it blessing lol

There really wasn't much of a desire for a direct in all honestly. Or rather, much of a thirst lol

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
1 year anniversary of paid switch online is this month. Nintendo needs to announce something big to incentivize renewals.
SNES library would do it....cmon Nintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Party felt like a EA game that was gutted for a $40 season pass amount of DLC that never came.

Its kind of amazing how anemic that game is

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it's still somehow the best home console Mario Party since the GameCube.
I think most people love it. Got it for my sister and she played more than 30 hours of it without me and loves the game.

I agree that the minigames are pretty good, the dice stuff is fun and the maps are better than previous entries. Still it's crazy they only made 4 maps and they all are pretty similar and small.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we finally gets the civilization expansions release date!

Also, i think no BOTW 2 :( is way too soon to talk about it again

Status
Not open for further replies.