• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
His Mario Maker 1 levels of the same name are still up. Doesn't make sense how it's do inconsistent if that's the problem.

And either eay, that's still just reason for clarity on Nintendo's part so at the very least level creators can know this stuff definitively send not be left wondering "but what is the reason? Why are these levels deleted, but not these other ones? What exactly am I supposed to do or not do in the future to avoid that happening in the future if I don't know what the problem is to begin with?"

As like that's all GPB really wants himself, is just some answers and clarity. As he said on his stream today he has no problem at all changing the name IF that's the problem. But that requires knowing that that is, in fact, the problem first send the one thing Nintendo's the ld him is not the problem is the name. He has no problem changing it if Nintendo has a problem with it, but that requires them actually telling him that that's the problem in the first place and having that clarity instead if insisting it's not but not saying what the problem is.

As that's what it all comes back to, that clarity, so that level creators can actually fix this stuff and notrun into the sane problems sgsin in the future, but that requires knowing what the problem is to begin with.

Like, why is that not the takeaway here instead? The only reason I can guess is that would require accepting that nobody here actually knows anything about what did or didn't happen here. And that's very uncomfortable. Whereas on the other hand, if you know the answer, well, problem solved right? Nothing left to talk about, as it's obviously this or that. But admitting you don't know the answer, that leaves uncertainties in the air, send that's not a comfortable feeling, so why do that and actually try to get to the bottom of things when you can just go case closed instead despite not knowing anymore than anyone else and your guess being no better or worse than theirs.

No matter how you slice it, theirs no reason for Nintendo not to he more clear when this stuff happens so that level creators can actually be comfortable knowing what the problem was so they can actually avoid in the future and not just be guessing send just as easily be wrong.

Nintendo might be the most historically opaque company in the entire video gaming industry. Expecting them to provide clarity upon request is likely the same as pissing into the wind. They have never changed this opacity regardless of how much pressure has been applied externally, and I highly doubt this issue is going to be their turning point. He can only make changes he suspects will prevent his levels from being deleted. Would it be great if Nintendo suddenly had a change of heart and began a new age of community outreach and cooperation? Absolutely. Is that likely to happen any time soon? History says no.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
they even took down my mario and luigi incest fantasy level down. can't sneak nothing past nintendo these days smh.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The only Miiverse post I had deleted was of a picture of some poo because I was playing the Game & Wario Miiverse sketch game and that was my given word.

Kind of funny cos the Wario Ware games are full of poop.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
The only Miiverse post I had deleted was of a picture of some poo because I was playing the Game & Wario Miiverse sketch game and that was my given word.

Kind of funny cos the Wario Ware games are full of poop.

unknown.png

I had dozens of my poop images deleted.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly pathetic to see how people somehow spin this to prevent Nintendo from being put in a bad light.

And it's almost even more amazing that some of you consider the word "poo" to be at all offensive to anyone over 2 years old. Or even "pile of poo" for that matter. The hell has this world come to.
It's Nintendo. They got a huge amount of defense force here.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's clear to me that they had an issue with the word "poo". It is gross. Why would you name a level after ****?

But don't mind me, I'm not losing any sleep over this nor picking a side. I just never found toilet humour to be funny.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Seems more likely to be an automated thing. This level was very hard so probably got a lot of boos. Still weird that it's only this level (that we know of) but could be some bad luck involved.

This game is really highlighting a lot of Nintendo's flaws for me, I'm pretty sick of them and their bizarre decisions.

Nintendo is way to strict. I received a warning by email for calling someone's course "trash" when it literally was just a big pile of trash. It was a terrible level. I didn't say anything negative to the maker, I just hated his level. I really don't know what's wrong with them.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
My point is even if the service we have now cost 60 bucks a year, people would still buy.

Why make an effort when people are satisfied with a terrible service?
I disagree with this, if the service were 60 complaints about it would be really magnified. Maybe to the point where it affects games dependent on it like Splatoon. Pretty sure Nintendo knows this and thats why they priced it at 20.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Making themes of levels sharing the same common main name is common. I have plans to make a series of kaizo levels under the "Swinging Panic" umbrella. First was called Looming Poison (still unbeaten after 4500+ attempts) and second will be called Stormy Nights.

And that's fine. Just make your unifying name something other than "Pile of Poo."

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Nintendo is way to strict. I received a warning by email for calling someone's course "trash" when it literally was just a big pile of trash. It was a terrible level. I didn't say anything negative to the maker, I just hated his level. I really don't know what's wrong with them.
Yeah actually that's really rude so you deserved a warning. That's in no way constructive. Whoever made it could have been 5 years old for all you know.

When I run into bad levels I leave constructive comments like "The pipes would look better if they were attached to something" or "These hidden blocks that soft lock you are unfair"

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I am not someone who rides the daily internet outrage circuit but this genuinely upsets me. Nintendo digging deep into their bull-poo.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Making themes of levels sharing the same common main name is common. I have plans to make a series of kaizo levels under the "Swinging Panic" umbrella. First was called Looming Poison (still unbeaten after 4500+ attempts) and second will be called Stormy Nights.

Unrelated to this thread, but what the fuck do i do at the on/off block after the first section LOL.

unknown.png

I had dozens of my poop images deleted.

God I miss miiverse so much

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol good. Yall need to stop shitting on everything. Bet you wouldn't call someone's creation trash irl. Just look at it and keep walking.

Oct 31, 2017
Lol good. Yall need to stop shitting on everything. Bet you wouldn't call someone's creation trash irl. Just look at it and keep walking.
Dude for real! Why is everyone so damn negative? To a person's face, especially a child, even if it was bad you'd say, "You're on the right track, try again!" or just...say nothing at all. People get off on making other people feel bad.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks. It'd be really nice if Nintendo would do a little more communicating with the community on this stuff.

The PooBear guy said he has no issues changing the name is that is the issue in that video posted earlier in the thread. Seems like it's what he should do now just to remove all doubt, and if his next level gets removed again he can be "more sure" that it's just mass-reporting.

It looks like a really cool level too! (MitchFlowerPower video, time stamped to start at a successful run of the stage.)

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated to this thread, but what the fuck do i do at the on/off block after the first section LOL.
You got to the checkpoint? Impressive if so.

If you mean the first on/off switch after checkpoint, you need to come from the right angle when you jump from the claw. You jump fairly early. I think I jumped when I heard the sound of hitting the first coin.

Yeah actually that's really rude so you deserved a warning. That's in no way constructive. Whoever made it could have been 5 years old for all you know.

When I run into bad levels I leave constructive comments like "The pipes would look better if they were attached to something" or "These hidden blocks that soft lock you are unfair"

It's not constructive at all, I am aware of that but I mean, let us all be clear about this: a 5-year-old is neither supposed to be online nor supposed to upload/post anything online. It is as simple as that and that's all I have to say. Thank you for your understanding.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
It's not constructive at all, I am aware of that but I mean, let us all be clear about this: a 5-year-old is neither supposed to be online nor supposed to upload/post anything online. It is as simple as that and that's all I have to say. Thank you for your understanding.
My 6 year old(by one month) is in fact online and uploading levels. They are not great levels but they are his and that makes constructive comments and likes all the more valuable. He wants to be a game designer when he grows up and dressed like Shigeru Miyamoto for career day at school.

yWjdOdz.jpg

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they've got some algorithm and content searching enabled that we aren't aware of which has flagged it and had it auto removed?

I get it all the time where the facial recognition in my photo library pulls out faces from tree branches and bushes and other abstract shapes.

Or is Nintendo prepping for sale in China and the whole Winnie the Pooh thing has got caught up with his username?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
My 6 year old(by one month) is in fact online and uploading levels. They are not great levels but they are his and that makes constructive comments and likes all the more valuable. He wants to be a game designer when he grows up and dressed like Shigeru Miyamoto for career day at school.

yWjdOdz.jpg
That's awesome! There are some levels where you just know that an adult made a super shitty level just to troll others. I have no problem calling those levels trash.
Then there are levels that are just not that good and you know a kid had a ton of fun playing around with it and uploading that level. I never understand why some people need to shit on these kinds of creations.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Grandpoo must have a lot of haters if they mass reported his level
There's a group of folks that will report any Kaizo like level (not Boo, but Report) in an attempt to get the level removed from the pool in something like Super Expert. It was a problem in MM1 and it wouldn't surprise me if it's happening again in MM2. The reason GPB's level got wiped is probably because it popped up pretty high in the report queue, had Poo in the name and thus whoever (or whatever if it's automated) wiped it. If it is the name then it's a change from MM1 policy and here's the important part: Nintendo should communicate that info to the creator so they don't have repeat offenses.

Without that last bit there's no corrective action a creator can take to fix a borderline issue when they don't know where the borders are. Their current "Inappropriate or Harmful" content is just a blanket they can cover almost anything with.

Nintendo is under no obligation to restore the level or explain their process but if they want to foster a community of creators to keep the game populated with levels for years to come then they really need to look at how they're treating their most dedicated fans.