Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EirsY89XcAIOXIx
Kaine ಥ_ಥ

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Day 1!

Although the Automata Black Box edition with the 2B Figure is better than this one's pin set.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope I like this one more than Automata (I was very "whelmed" by that game), I generally prefer the vibes at least and I liked what I played of it on 360, dunno why I never finished it there.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait for the mansion part remade. Was my most wtf moment overall.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Would be there Day 1...but apparently it'll have to be Day 2. Shame there isn't a next gen version but I think the improvements will make it feel that way anyways.

Edit: I know this is blasphemy, but I hope the added dialog includes English voice actors as well. They did such a great job on Nier Gestalt.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Thanks. I guess being the worse version is subjective from I've gathered here, though.

There were two releases of the original Nier. One of them had a more Japanese-friendly, I guess, protagonist who was the brother to a key character where as the other had an older protagonist who was the father to that character that was released in the west. A lot of people liked Papa Neir, as its often referred to, over brother Neir. The story does change somewhat too depending on what version you play due to certain contexts and relationships being obviously different, though the overall plot is still the same.

This is Square Enix though, they have a good relationship with them I would have thought.

It's inconsistent with Square. They've given them some old ports and remasters and a few original Switch-centric games, but they pretty much vetoed porting over a lot of other titles that makes sense for the platform, namely the Kingdom Heart and Life is Strange titles.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope I like this one more than Automata (I was very "whelmed" by that game), I generally prefer the vibes at least and I liked what I played of it on 360, dunno why I never finished it there.

They've talked about some gameplay improvements.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I was worried they weren't gunna show gameplay. This looks great.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, question.

The game is only the younger character, right?

Why does the debug menu list both, provided I'm reading it right...

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up Nier Automata since it's on sale on Steam right now. I'll probably pick this up when it drops as well, probably on Steam, as long as the PC port is solid (I'm hoping they right this wrong with the new release). I enjoyed the original, though I didn't end up finishing it before I got rid of my PS3.