MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Nicholas Cage cheese is always fun, but it's great when he can land some of these good art house movies too. Mandy was legitimately awesome, so, I hope this can reach that level

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Nic Cage keeps doing these interesting and weird movies and even though half of them are terrible I appreciate them.

Very excited for The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent where Nic Cage plays himself playing a bunch of his previous roles in order to rescue his wife from a drug lord.

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
This isn't a regular pig though. Looks like this pig can smell out truffles. It worths too much for a hobo like Nic Cage's character!

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
EKkpUBeWkAA2Ns8.jpg

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
This actually looks great.
From the trailer seems Pig has multiple meanings in the movie.
Yes, there is an actual pig, but have a feeling a few of the humans will be revealed to be pigs in the informal definition of the word.
Count me in.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Oct 30, 2017
Nic Cage is seriously an enigma. His acting abilities basically have no end. He does well with schlock, with tentpoles, and with indies. Considering the reception this is getting, I'll probably be drawn to this in the same way I was drawn to Color Out of Space (which stars the campy Nic Cage and is well worth a watch if you haven't seen it).

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of an early screening. Honestly kind of loved it. The absurdity of the premise and some of the events definitely lead to a few laughs. There was one pretty good classic Cage moment in there as well. Not sure if Cage enhanced or detracted from the character at the end of the day by his vary presence, but he is certainly more subdued for most of the film. Movie had a lot of heart and was certainly more down to earth and contemplative than the trailer would make you believe (as most reviews have been saying).

For those wondering about the Pig and any potentially disturbing content concerning her
Without giving too much away, only depicted violence against her is when she is being dragged away squealing early in the film. Only in the film for about 5ish minutes so don't go in expecting tons of her.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Can't find anything on if this is available on VOD on the 16th, anyone else know?

I'd love to see this in theaters but my fiance is still nervous to go back to them even though we're both vaccinated.

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
For those wondering about the Pig and any potentially disturbing content concerning her
Without giving too much away, only depicted violence against her is when she is being dragged away squealing early in the film. Only in the film for about 5ish minutes so don't go in expecting tons of her.
Thanks, much appreciated. Disturbing animal content is one of the few things I don't want to see in fiction.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Just got out of an early screening. Honestly kind of loved it. The absurdity of the premise and some of the events definitely lead to a few laughs. There was one pretty good classic Cage moment in there as well. Not sure if Cage enhanced or detracted from the character at the end of the day by his vary presence, but he is certainly more subdued for most of the film. Movie had a lot of heart and was certainly more down to earth and contemplative than the trailer would make you believe (as most reviews have been saying).

Thank you! Will definitely be screening this one. 🐷

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The moving is getting some rave reviews. Even the negative review on RT makes me want to see this hah

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
97% at RT with 29 reviews and 84 on metacritic. I might make a review thread when it hits around 40 unless someone does it first.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Inb4 this movie turning out to be symbolic commentary on the ACAB movement in which a white man tries to save the ideal of a pig he has in his mind but that has never really existed.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough one of the theaters in town will be showing the movie this weekend. Figured this would have been a super limited/art house release. May very well see it.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough one of the theaters in town will be showing the movie this weekend. Figured this would have been a super limited/art house release. May very well see it.
Yeah haven't seen a theater count, but seems to be a couple hundred theater (400-800) type release at minimum. Playing at nine theaters around me in a admittedly larger than average film culture city (Austin). Sure lack of programming (for obvious reasons) for larger theaters help get movies like this more screens.

Happy to see it since people should watch this movie (it's really good!) and being accessible on many locations helps a bunch with that.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Even King of the Contrarians Armond White liked the movie.

In this subtly political extension of Liam Neeson's Taken and Mel Gibson's Bloodfather, Cage explores the lonely suffering of those people who realize they've been betrayed. Sarnoski and Cage have fashioned a quiet piece of political poetry.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
42 reviews on RT and holding at a 98 while metacritic has it at an 86 after 16 reviews. Might be the best thing Cage has done in like a decade. Curious if he'll get some award buzz.