Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The book is funded, so we'll see how much he goes over. Hope he doesn't go tooo crazy with the stretch goals.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Kinda refreshing to see a Kickstarter where the highest tier is only $50. Though it doesn't seem that a physical copy of the book seems to be a reward? I sure hope he adds that as an option

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing that Maple Town title card made some old memories come loose in my brain. I had completely forgotten all about that stuff but I had at least some of the toys when I was a very young child. It's weird and hazy stuff but I'm very curious in watching that episode now.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still baffled that the Bad News Bears had a tv show. Was it a nick original? (I see the Shari show is just a rerun of the old 60's show)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a Canadian I always thought Double Dare was similar to a kids game show we had up here called Uh-Oh! (likely due to associating Nick with slime). Boy was I wrong. there's nary a gimp Jason Vorhees in sight.

I'll ceck out the BNB ep this weekend. Gonna be honest here, I had no idea Bad News Bears was an actual thing. I always thought it was just a saying.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad News Bears looked kind of poor but something about that video made me very interested in watching it. I'll probably break down and buy that DVD set one of these days.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
This episode also gave me the best reason why Nick aired Spartakus I've ever heard: that it wasn't like anything else on the air at the time, and if that's their reason, I can't argue with that.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Out of that lineup, I only remember Adventures of the Little Koala, Sharon Lois and Bram's Elephant Show and Inspector Gadget. Inspector Gadget, of course, is my favorite show of that lineup I always wanted Penny's Book

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I am recalling this is also why the likes of Dangermouse were pick up, nothing like it on the US airwaves.
Man, is it strange to say I REMEMBER that commercial of Nickelodeon saying farewell to Danger Mouse? Especially the ending line, "Goodbye Nickelodeon. I'll miss you!". It's one of those moments when you see something you haven't seen in years, hell, DECADES and it all comes back to you. I was subconsciously mouthing that final line as it was being played like I was that kid sitting cross-legged in front of the television back in 87. Wow!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised he didn't group Shari and Sharon Lois and Bran together.

I also wonder if he'll do a full on 10 year retrospective for 1989, rather than just talk about what happens during the year.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's definitely ringing zero bells

I'm not sure if I very vaguely remember the theme or if the fact that the hook sounds a bit like the "Kids Incorporated" theme makes me think I do.

Gadget is the next big one only because of the name value.

Definitely. Finders Keepers was a big deal for a couple years just with the Double Dare lead-in but seems to have been fairly forgotten.

Surprised he didn't group Shari and Sharon Lois and Bran together.

Shari Lewis= Lambchop.

Sharon, Lois, & Bran are a completely different thing.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely. Finders Keepers was a big deal for a couple years just with the Double Dare lead-in but seems to have been fairly forgotten.
Might be big but I think this is the calm before the storm. Then again, we still have 2-3 years left before 91? Maybe Looney Tunes and Degrassi Street?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if I very vaguely remember the theme or if the fact that the hook sounds a bit like the "Kids Incorporated" theme makes me think I do.

Shari Lewis= Lambchop.

Sharon, Lois, & Bran are a completely different thing.

Yes, I watched both show when they aired on Nick. I'm well aware that they're different shows. They're just similar thematically, and he likes to group them together, like he did with MCOG and Spartakus.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Might be big but I think this is the calm before the storm. Then again, we still have 2-3 years left before Nicktoons?

I think these are roughly the four years after the current 1987 block:

David the Gnome
Count Duckula
Doctor Snuggles
Don't Just Sit There
Kids' Court
Looney Tunes
Patty Duke Show
Heathcliff
(Possibly Kids Choice Awards/Kids Pick the President)

Total Panic
Think Fast!
Hey Dude
Eureeka's Castle

Fred Penner's Place
Make the Grade
The Kids of Degrassi Street
(Possibly Pete & Pete here if he counts the shorts at as the beginning of the series)

Maya the Bee
Wild & Crazy Kids
SK8-TV
Camp Runamuck
Flipper
Outta Here!
Kids World
Yogi Bear
Cartoon Kablooey

Nick News
Fifteen
Welcome Freshman
Get the Picture
Clarissa Explains It All
The Littl' Bits
Launch Box
Salute Your Shorts
Doug

Rugrats
Ren & Stimpy
What Would You Do?

Suffice to say, 1991 is pretty loaded.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
This was a show I enjoyed that seems to have gone largely forgotten. It seemed like a successor to YCDTOT and a precursor to All That. Not sure how well it holds up now days though

the real problem is that Spongebob consumed the network, and they didn't have to live on endless reruns, so stuff got dropped. Clarissa Explains it All was hugely popular at the time, but it was off the air by 2001, and it only lasted 3 seasons.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
the real problem is that Spongebob consumed the network, and they didn't have to live on endless reruns, so stuff got dropped. Clarissa Explains it All was hugely popular at the time, but it was off the air by 2001, and it only lasted 3 seasons.

Yeah and that was a show I was there for every Saturday night

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a show I enjoyed that seems to have gone largely forgotten. It seemed like a successor to YCDTOT and a precursor to All That. Not sure how well it holds up now days though

Every time I see Mitch McConnell the "Mortise the Safety Tortoise" jingle from that plays in my head, but substitute "safety" for "racist." For whatever reason, that's the thing about the show that stuck out for me, but I'm eager to see what other half-remembered stuff is ratting around in my head.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I think these are roughly the four years after the current 1987 block:

David the Gnome
Count Duckula
Doctor Snuggles
Don't Just Sit There
Kids' Court
Looney Tunes
Patty Duke Show
Heathcliff
(Possibly Kids Choice Awards/Kids Pick the President)

Total Panic
Think Fast!
Hey Dude
Eureeka's Castle

Fred Penner's Place
Make the Grade
The Kids of Degrassi Street
(Possibly Pete & Pete here if he counts the shorts at as the beginning of the series)

Maya the Bee
Wild & Crazy Kids
SK8-TV
Camp Runamuck
Flipper
Outta Here!
Kids World
Yogi Bear
Cartoon Kablooey

Nick News
Fifteen
Welcome Freshman
Get the Picture
Clarissa Explains It All
The Littl' Bits
Launch Box
Salute Your Shorts
Doug

Rugrats
Ren & Stimpy
What Would You Do?

Suffice to say, 1991 is pretty loaded.
Wonder if Nick Jr's going to be a collection of shows, or if we are going to get each show separated into their own video. We got anime such as The Noozles, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, and The Littl' Bits. Also, I imagine eventually they'll get to Muppet Babies in the 90s (I remember that aired on Nick for a time).

Last edited: