Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2021, come on, let's turn everything around.

Trump -loses office
Wildfires -snuffed out
Covid-19 -cured
Maple Leaf Joe Thornton -lifts Stanley Cup

Oct 25, 2017
www.allaboutthejersey.com

An Ode to Cory Schneider: A Great Goalie and Stand-Up Guy with Hall-of-Fame Awful Timing

Cory Schneider, a once-great goalie who fell off hard in recent years, will leave behind a strange legacy in New Jersey. How will we remember his time in red and black?

Really sad. Schneider was one of the best goalies in the league for a time, yet he was never really recognized as such. He was either stuck behind Luongo or stuck in Jersey (when they sucked and were ignored). I wonder if he could still get an NHL contract or if he'd go to Europe. Can't imagine he's done playing.

Steve Simmons is also a well known racist that used dog whistles on Masai Ujiri after Masai gave his feelings on that bogus charge at Oracle Arena last year.
Steve Simmons is the absolute fucking worst. The Masai incident was infuriating. That said, he's used coded bigotry in the past and yet has continued to get shared here. Is he banned now, or just when he makes fun of the Leafs?

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
www.allaboutthejersey.com

An Ode to Cory Schneider: A Great Goalie and Stand-Up Guy with Hall-of-Fame Awful Timing

Cory Schneider, a once-great goalie who fell off hard in recent years, will leave behind a strange legacy in New Jersey. How will we remember his time in red and black?

Really sad. Schneider was one of the best goalies in the league for a time, yet he was never really recognized as such. He was either stuck behind Luongo or stuck in Jersey (when they sucked and were ignored). I wonder if he could still get an NHL contract or if he'd go to Europe. Can't imagine he's done playing.

Steve Simmons is the absolute fucking worst. The Masai incident was infuriating. That said, he's used coded bigotry in the past and yet has continued to get shared here. Is he banned now, or just when he makes fun of the Leafs?

Interestingly enough, he's only been shared by one user here, and exclusively to shit on the leafs. At least in the past week or so

/shrug

Oct 25, 2017
EWIjFj_XYAMv-6H.png

1x1.25m

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I know about Ceci is that Cake Boss bitches about him a lot. He's also probably overpaid for his performance on the ice. I've seen him compared to Luca Sbisa... Which ain't a compliment these days.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Jumbo is wearing 97 in Toronto. Spezza offered him 19 but Thornton declined. 97 is also Thornton's Team Canada and HC Davos number too. That's in addition to him being drafted in 97.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Thornton on why he picked the Leafs: "I have to win a Stanley Cup".

Oh, Joe.

Deleted member 4375

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End of an era for broadcasting. Never really heard him much up here except via more recent NHL EA games but to be in the business that long is an achievement in itself. Judging by some reactions here, he's doing it not a moment too soon, either.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
End of an era for broadcasting. Never really heard him much up here except via more recent NHL EA games but to be in the business that long is an achievement in itself. Judging by some reactions here, he's doing it not a moment too soon, either.

I can really take or leave his style but it definitely gets worse the more you hear it.

My issue overall has been he either stopped caring or is getting too old. The number of times he mispronounces a name was getting borderline ridiculous. Every media guide has the pronunciations for every player on their potential roster. Also each team has a public relations staff ready to help with these types of things.

He continued to get more awkward and weird during broadcasts as well. We already have enough weird with Pierre McGuire on the broadcast.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
I assume John Forslund is going to become NBC's main PBP guy, which I'd be okay with.

All I know is that I heard enough of Kenny Albert last playoffs to last me a lifetime.

Deleted member 4375

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can really take or leave his style but it definitely gets worse the more you hear it.

My issue overall has been he either stopped caring or is getting too old. The number of times he mispronounces a name was getting borderline ridiculous. Every media guide has the pronunciations for every player on their potential roster. Also each team has a public relations staff ready to help with these types of things.

He continued to get more awkward and weird during broadcasts as well. We already have enough weird with Pierre McGuire on the broadcast.

So he was becoming American Bob Cole then. Best that he called it quits, if that's the case.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is that I heard enough of Kenny Albert last playoffs to last me a lifetime.
I liked him when I used to watch the NFL but I'm not a big fan of him calling hockey games.
www.espn.com

Blackhawks GM: Can't compete with top teams

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman acknowledges that his roster is not good enough to compete with top teams yet, but he says he has a plan to fix that.

LOL
No lies there. Hawks are going to be awful this year.