Interested?

• I work for exposure

Votes: 45 17.6%
  • $8.65 an hour is all the NFL can out of the millions they profit from that game!

Votes: 59 23.0%
  • 9 rehearsals for a single event at minimum wage is a fair commitment

Votes: 39 15.2%
  • I listen to JLo tracks all the time, why not in a stadium?

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Sadly, I’m not a fit for this career yet

Votes: 107 41.8%

• Total voters

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna pay for that night like $6,000 in labor for a show that makes how many billions?

What the fuck

The NFL also forces cities that host the Super Bowl to pay for their accommodations the week of the game. It is amazing how much power they have.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The NFL also forces cities that host the Super Bowl to pay for their accommodations the week of the game. It is amazing how much power they have.
Allegedly NFL and MLB teams buy politicians and pressure cities into paying huge amounts for them and their stadiums and events, which studies show don't make the money back for the cities

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Allegedly NFL and MLB teams buy politicians and pressure cities into paying huge amounts for them and their stadiums and events, which studies show don't make the money back for the cities

How is this any different than what FIFA or the Olympics do? Host nations are practically bankrupting their countries building stadiums and accommodations for these events that will basically never be used again.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How is this any different than what FIFA or the Olympics do? Host nations are practically bankrupting their countries building stadiums and accommodations for these events that will basically never be used again.
I didn't say it was different or that those were a good idea. FIFA is trash and the Olympics have left abandoned expensive complexes all over the world.

None of it is fair, and the NFL is king of it in the USA

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

There has been push back on that in recent years. For example, the Cubs didn't get any tax dollars to renovate Wrigley Field.

But yea, tax payer funded stadiums have been a thing for a long time.

MLB The Show 24 (Mar 15th)
Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition [PC port] (Mar 21st)
Rise of Ronin (Mar 22nd)
Stellar Blade (Apr 26)
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut [PC port] (May 16th)
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4th)
Concord
Until Dawn Remaster
Lost Soul Aside

Announced for 2025:
Death Stranding 2

Announced with no window:
FairGame$
Marathon
Wolverine Insomniac data breach has this game listed internally as a 2025-6 game
Kojima New IP Physnt
-------------------------------------------------

How I currently see the next five years through 2028 playing out for Sony in terms of new game releases (DLC not factored in)

Naughty Dog (2)- New IP and TLOU 3
Santa Monica (2)- Corey's IP and GOW
Insomniac (3)- Wolverine, Venom spin-off, Spider-Man 3
Sucker Punch (1)- Ghost of Tsushima 2
Guerilla (2)- Horizon MMO/MP and Horizon 3
Polyphony (1)- Gran Turismo 8 (this feels like a cross-gen PS6 launch title)
Bend (1)- New IP
San Diego Studios (5)- Annual MLB title
Bluepoint (1)- "original content"
Haven (1)- Fairgame$
Firewalk (1)- Concord
Media Molecule (1)- New IP (side note: they are probably the studio that is farthest out from a release)
Housemarque (1)- New IP
Firesprite (2)- Dark Narrative, VR or something else
Team Asobi (1)- 3D Action game

----------------------------------

MCU Players currently on the board

Post Endgame:
Hulk
Hawkeye
Thor
Falcon/new Captain America
Bucky
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Loki?

Phase 4 additions:
Yelena
Valentina
Shang-Chai
Xialing and the Ten Rings
Eternals
Eternal Eros
Whitman
Shuri/new Black Panther
Daredevil
Clea
===
Monica Rambeau
White Vision
Kate Bishop
Moon Knight
Ms Marvel
She-Hulk

Phase 5 additions:
Cassie

Wii-U (13.5m) + 3DS (75.9m) = 89.2m
Wii(101.6m) + DS (154m) = 255.6m
GCN (21.7m) + GBA (81.5m) = 102.2m
N64 (32.9m) + GBC (54.3m*) = 87.2m
SNES (49.1m) + GB (64.4m*) = 113.5m

Last edited:

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really should be getting a percentage of back end and possibly some options or RSUs. #nflfail

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say it was different or that those were a good idea. FIFA is trash and the Olympics have left abandoned expensive complexes all over the world.

None of it is fair, and the NFL is king of it in the USA

I brought up FIFA and the IOC/Olympics because their volunteers work for free and pay for their own travel and accommodations. FWIW, the Tokyo Olympics this summer will rely on 80,000 volunteers. For which they have received over 200,000 applications. They will not be paid, outside of free meals on days that they work.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that. At least gimme tickets to the game.
How would that possibly work? Why would anyone who signs up for this show up to actually move the stage at the end of the second quarter? Usually these people get to hang out near the stadium and watch the game on tv while it's happening so it's not like they can't watch any of it.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
They've been doing this for years, nothing new.

All those extras on the field during the halftime show? Low paid extras.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I like how since it's "unskilled labor", the workers deserve to get paid like shit.

This is the worst leftist forum.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man they're putting a lot of responsibility onto the shoulders of folks they're paying minimum wage.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I like how since it's "unskilled labor", the workers deserve to get paid like shit.

This is the worst leftist forum.
It's not that they "deserve" this low wage, it's that, minimum wage is $7.70 and this is more than that.
Should it be higher?
Yes
Is it up to the NFL to raise it?
Not really.
people just need to vote blue.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest if they offered positions where you would PAY them 200 dollars for this opportunity but you get to watch the game I would do it imo

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
That's capitalism for you: you generally pay workers as little as you can get away with. A lot of the people working at sports venues (ushers, concessions, etc.) are actually volunteers who get paid literally nothing.

It sucks, but glamor and excitement make it easy to take advantage of people.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's not that they "deserve" this low wage, it's that, minimum wage is $7.70 and this is more than that.
Should it be higher?
Yes
Is it up to the NFL to raise it?
Not really.
people just need to vote blue.
$7.70 (which is nasty as f) is not minimum wage in Florida. Additionally, the minimum wage is not a living wage in Florida either. It's ridiculously low after all these decades.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
i'd do this for free in a heartbeat if i live close- this is worth going just for the experience alone. Not sure why y'all are so jaded with it lol. I'm sure ppl signing up for this is doing it for the experience not like an actual job or anything...

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
$7.70 (which is nasty as f) is not minimum wage in Florida. Additionally, the minimum wage is not a living wage in Florida either. It's ridiculously low after all these decades.
I'm just curious why you think this short term gig is supposed to supply people with a living wage

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
They're gonna pay for that night like $6,000 in labor for a show that makes how many billions?

What the fuck

So, you're saying people should be paid an equivalent of the company's profits, instead of being paid for the type of work they do? This type of thinking is ridiculous. This is a temp job that requires no education for people who want to make some extra cash. The expectations are perfectly reasonable.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
People being critical of the ruling class???

tenor.gif

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The NFL has been doing this for years, and if I remember correctly, they used to ask for unpaid volunteers. Correction, that was for the fans around the stage at halftime who just want the experience. But neither groups get to see the game. If people want to do it for the experience, then it's their choice and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Bengraven