• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hello Friends,

Over the past week Matthew Nagy, Super Genius, had an epiphany that running the ball only 7 times is bullshit. This is the day he will learn from the past, and move forward with a game plan that doesn't rely on young Mitchell Trubisky to throw almost 50 times a game. I look forward to seeing the the brave new vision of Matthew Nagy, Super Genius, put into action today. It will surely not be a humiliating debacle that will result in the home crowd longing for the glorious days of the Sex Cannon, or even Kyle Orton. It will be fine outing of Professional American Football, I'm sure.

your pal,
Plasticine

It's baffling how much they throw the ball. Bears have a good defense. Don't have to win a shootout. And your quarterback sucks. I just don't understand.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I legit forgot that Schaub was even still in the league.

So I'll just say this about the Lions today.

I don't *think* they're going to lose. But I also wouldn't be totally shocked if they absolutely eat shit in this game today. Saquon goes off for 180 and 2 TDs, Golden Tate comes back for a mercy killing and Danny Dimes look like a HOFer.

Plus, this:

A loss from Detroit today would be explosive I think and the entertainment value from a "watching a dumpster fire burn" perspective would be sky high. Again, I don't want them to lose. But if they do... well, at least it'll be good TV and internet viewing afterwards.

I'm with you on all this. I don't go into this game expecting them to lose (and contrary to what people might think, I don't want them to lose, either), but I also can't declare it totally unthinkable either. We've made it a bit of a bad habit in recent years to make young QBs look better than they are, the run defense is still extremely suspect, and it feels like there's a chance that Patricia and Quinn trying to go Patriots Big-Balls style in dumping Diggs winds up blowing up in their face.

I'm not sure how much truth there was to the reports early into last year about players not being happy with Patricia's style (all the running in training camp, etc), but if he was already teetering a bit that early, there's a chance that a misplay this year could send things spiraling back down. I don't really expect that, not with this game at least...that feels more like a conversation we might have in a few weeks once we finally run into the Bears.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Colts are healthy. Coming off two huge wins. Jacoby is improving every week. D needs to keep better. Lets not have a letdown against these Broncos.

Go Colts.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
So happy we're in the late window so I can turn off Redzone without missing anything besides the Niners holding their first L of the season.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Wembley Stadium looks full af, kinda crazy. It's always funny seeing the mixed jerseys in the stands.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
*Opponent signs John Smith, the guy selling t-shirts outside the stadium, at RB, literally two minutes before kickoff*

"And Smith breaks through for a 75-yard gain against the Giants!"

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Suddenly the Lions have more of a running game, now that Kerryon is hurt and we bring in...this Carson dude I've never heard of?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why Detroit even bother passing. Just run, bros.

Staff's pass was underthrown or the WR didn't cut back on his route.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn Cooks got another concussion looking hit. He's always getting taken out of games :\

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Bears and Chargers offenses are comedic

Bears and Chargers defenses are good

0-0 tie here we come

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Announcer: Brisset has only been sacked 7 times.

Next play: gets sacked

Stop fucking jinxing us

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit that Kyler pass on that trick play. Wrist flicked a beauty.

Do his throws always look like that? 😍