• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
I'll hug it tightly for at least one week lol. I don't have us beating the 49ers this week but at least getting the two seed is looking good.

I'm a little more bullish on our chances next week, but even if we can't get the W I can't be too mad. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would be competing for home field this late in the season when Brees went down week 2. Gotta remind myself sometimes to have some perspective.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
how fucking funny that after everything, the 49ers most likely end up a wildcard team and probably will travel to 8-8 dallas

might as well be a bye week, but you never know

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Honestly, the 49ers are the team that I think needs home field advantage the least. They do everything you need to do to win on the road in the playoffs. They run the ball extremely well and play great defense. They'll be fine if they end up as a wildcard team. The Saints are the ones that need it the most.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Honestly, the 49ers are the team that I think needs home field advantage the least. They do everything you need to do to win on the road in the playoffs. They run the ball extremely well and play great defense. They'll be fine if they end up as a wildcard team. The Saints are the ones that need it the most.
49ers, Seahawks and Ravens are the teams what will travel by far the best.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So interesting stat for next week: Saints have not allowed a 100 yard rusher for 38 straight games dating all the way back to the 2017 season. Will the 49ers finally break that streak? Saints defensive line is very good and I don't think the Saints will drop more than 20 points especially if their line is still beat up so the game will be won if the SF OL can hold up

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So interesting stat for next week: Saints have not allowed a 100 yard rusher for 38 straight games dating all the way back to the 2017 season
I guess...49ers are typically running back by committee so not sure that stat will come into play in determining the final result. They could easily end up with 3 runners going for 60+ each.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
So interesting stat for next week: Saints have not allowed a 100 yard rusher for 38 straight games dating all the way back to the 2017 season. Will the 49ers finally break that streak? Saints defensive line is very good and I don't think the Saints will drop more than 20 points especially if their line is still beat up so the game will be won if the SF OL can hold up

I think they will, especially if Breida plays.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Who's the 4th best team in the nfc not by record then? They are better than Dallas and Vikings.

Packers have gotten really lucky this year, their record will regress next year, as Dallas has done, both teams are not good, on one had, you have a QB who is not aggressive and protects his stats and is an average starter efficiency wise for 4 years, and on the other, you have a QB who is taking risks and playing wonderfully who is hamstrung by a bitch ass HC.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess...49ers are typically running back by committee so not sure that stat will come into play in determining the final result. They could easily end up with 3 runners going for 60+ each.

I can't remember the last time the saints got completely gashed on the ground so it definitely will be an interesting matchup.

Oct 27, 2017
AAJ5w5AAABtZ.jpg

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017

Niners need the bye the most imo . Their original bye week was in week 4, and injuries have hit this team hard already.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So NBC wasn't able to flex Niners Saints, Ravens Bills or Pats Chiefs? All 3 were protected??
Nah, it was likely a logistics thing since there was no where else for the Seahawks-Rams game to go. It would've taken a lot of cross flexing to move the Seahawks-Rams earlier with CBS having the doubleheader and the Chargers being a late game. Plus, even then you piss off Fox, CBS and the Seahawks (who already got screwed by the same logistics issue when the Niners-Packers was forced to SNF).

Just easier to leave SNF as it is and hype it up as a divisional game while the other 3 games end up being "almost" nationally televised.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I think if the Saints get the #1 seed, they are a lock to make it to the SB but if they have to play in Seattle or in SF in the playoffs, I don't see them winning.

Aug 26, 2019
Tough weekend for Niners fans. Keep in mind that even if you're the 5th seed, you still get a 1st round bye since you play the NFCE division champs

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Tough weekend for Niners fans. Keep in mind that even if you're the 5th seed, you still get a 1st round bye since you play the NFCE division champs
Why tough? This isn't college where your current position matters. They win out they are the one seed - they have full control over this (unlike Seattle). They just played the Ravens much closer (on the Ravens home field no less) than any other contender has done the last couple months. That is really all you want at this point in the season - playing well and in control of your own fate.

Aug 26, 2019
Why tough? This isn't college where your current position matters. They win out they are the one seed - they have full control over this (unlike Seattle). They just played the Ravens much closer (on the Ravens home field no less) than any other contender has done the last couple months. That is really all you want at this point in the season - playing well and in control of your own fate.
Wait, Seahawks don't control their own destiny? How?

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Both teams control heir own destiny

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
If the Saints win out the Seahawks can't get the one seed (therefore they don't fully control their own playoff seeding...the 49ers do control theirs).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Watched ESPN's highlights of the game this morning...

It was all Minnesota scoring plays and the turnover on downs with a "Seattle wins" thrown in at the end before a pro-Cousins graphic. You'd think the Vikings won the game or something if you weren't listening closely.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NFC is a bloodbath at the top and this weekends 9ers/Saints game is going to determine the 1 seed.

I'm pretty confident we can go on the road and win in the playoffs (We were undefeated on the road until Baltimore got us). I'd love the bye week because injuries have totally decimated us this year and any extra time to get healthy is a plus.

I will also say that I went into this season with the expectations of 10-6 at best with a wildcard berth. The fact that we are here is incredible and it's house money at this point. If we win out though, I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't at least make the NFC championship game.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, Seahawks don't control their own destiny? How?

I suppose they both technically control their destiny at this point, assuming either wins out. Although the Seahawks technically own the tie breaker at the moment. But if the Seahawks lose one between now and their next matchup with the Niners, and the Niners win out between now and their next matchup with the Seahawks - and the Seahawks win - then the Seahawks would own the tie breaker.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have there been talks of reconsidering the division winner making it into the playoffs automatically? I think there should be more conditions like there shouldn't be a wild card team with a 10 win record and it's higher than yours and if they have also beaten you.