Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you're acting like human beings are robots.

people aren't perfect. you can root for the patriots and still feel bad about it. self-refelction is good. admitting that you can be hypocritical sometimes is good.

what i'd like is for pats fans to admit that brady is a scumbag. i understand rooting for the team you like and seperating personal stuff to an extent. just don't pretend is doesn't exist. just be honest that you like brady the football player but think he's a bad guy.

I want you to admit you're obsessive and it's not healthy.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Your response is odd because my position is literally "every team in the nfl has shitheels on it at every level" so playing the morality soap box game is a losing effort. You aren't better than anyone else from a moral standpoint because you do or don't root for Tom Brady. The people rooting against Tom Brady today were, by default, rooting for a wife beater.
Were making the same exact point. The nfl is a dumpster fire of an organization in total.Splitting hairs about who is the lesser racist or shitheel is completely pathetic imo.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
usa_today_11095694.0.jpg

RIP the most exciting player in years...the coinflip has decided....you aren't the Chosen One.

He is better than Godd.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I said get that shit out of here... and pretty much nobody knew about that shit until after he took office. This is football not politics.

Okay I know I said I was done but this is just too silly to ignore. You say people didn't know about that shit until after he took office? Are you serious? Did you pay any attention at all in the months leading up to the election? There was a veritable avalanche of accusations, tapes, quotes, videos, etc etc that showed how Trump was a complete and utter shit and despite all of that people still supported him.

There was evidence everywhere about who and what Trump was. It was not a secret.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
And all those players can fuck off too. I am not saying what they did is better or worse than Brady being a Trump supporter. I am just sick of seeing Brady get a pass for his off the field politics because he is the "GOAT" and then when you try to point his shit to Pats fans they write it off as "salt" or use some other juvenile excuse. Its just annoying to see the sports community ignore all his problems because he is the "GOAT".
You and everybody else wouldn't give two rats and would never bring Brady political leanings if he wasn't the GOAT in the first place, but gotta bring your scapegoat since your teams stay losing.

Endless Nine

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
First super bowl I ever watched was Rams vs. Patriots. Pretty cool to see a rematch after all these years, even if Brady is literally the only player left. I hope McVay and Goof can avenge the ghost of Kurt Warner!

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit you really are trying to act like being a racist but being one that isn't a trump supporter is somehow a better place to be than one who is both. Good god dude grow up. Youre just mad because you hate the patriots. Just be honest about it. Its perfectly fine to hate them. The moral political fuckery logic youre trying to apply to them but to seemingly no one else is just sad.

this is what it comes down to right here. a lot of people act like criticism brady for the trump/snakeoil/cheating stuff is just because people just mad for football reasons, instead of stopping to think that maybe they just don't like the guy who keeps letting it be known that he's an asshole.

so many patriots fans are incapable of just admitting brady's character off the field, and then they act shocked when people keep talking about it

Oct 27, 2017
Packers are going to be amazing next year now that they got rid of a coach so bad that the Jets hired crazy eyes Gase over him
They still have no talent, and they still have Aaron rodgers, who will take the first opportunity to shit on his teammates and coach when the team is performing poorly. packers power structure has completely changed so if Rodgers doesn't like this guy he's not gonna get rope like McCarthy did.

They need to kill this upcoming draft to be any real threat next year.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you're acting like human beings are robots.

people aren't perfect. you can root for the patriots and still feel bad about it. self-refelction is good. admitting that you can be hypocritical sometimes is good.

what i'd like is for pats fans to admit that brady is a scumbag. i understand rooting for the team you like and seperating personal stuff to an extent. just don't pretend is doesn't exist. just be honest that you like brady the football player but think he's a bad guy.
Anyone who voted for trump is a racist and a shithead. If Brady did I have no qualms about saying that about him. I never said otherwise so I have no idea why I'm being hypocritical. The hypocrasy is coming from people like yourself suggesting that there is some line that should be drawn between the patriots and the other shitty organizations in the NFL because Brady may have, and kraft and Bill certainly did, vote for Trump. I certainly have never pretended it doesn't exist. I just dont subscribe to the logic that by rooting for them that I am ok with it, and trying to understand the people who do use that logic how they reconcile that view with watching the NFL at all.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Your response is odd because my position is literally "every team in the nfl has shitheels on it at every level" so playing the morality soap box game is a losing effort. You aren't better than anyone else from a moral standpoint because you do or don't root for Tom Brady. The people rooting against Tom Brady today were, by default, rooting for a wife beater.

I think he was responding to me not you?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda equally ridiculous that you give Brady all the credit when a large part of his continued success is the offense he operates in. Belichick and that snake mcdaniels put their QB in the best position to succeed. They are better at that than any other team in the league which is why the asterisks are again in the Super Bowl.

This doesn't make any sense. You're faulting the team for putting their QB in the best position to succeed.

Just gonna repost a previous comment from last page,

///////////////

The thing is, this isn't actually that shocking or impressive.

Any team is prepped and knows what they are up against. If a defense is prepared, they are very much aware of what the offense is likely going to run. If they aren't, then you get completely busted plays and it's a shit show.

Romo knowing how an offense runs based on a line set up isn't all that impressive, he was a star QB for over a decade, I would expect him to read an offense with a high success rate. What exactly is he going to do that a competent DC can't? DC's aren't the one executing the plays and match ups.

(Good) Teams spend all week prepping and seeing what they will face, rest is simply execution.

Romo isn't shocking the football world by going "Gronk is out wide, Brady will throw to him." The Cheifs know that Brady is looking for that match up, but they just got burned twice down the middle of the field on two back to back third down plays and need to shut it down, so they take that chance with a 1:1 match up and roll the dice.

You're not wrong, but it is actually impressive given his peers so I think it's pretty stunning to more casual observers. Plus, basically calling/predicting plays is just not a role that we've been conditioned to expect from that slot, which plenty of other QBs (probably from the times when NFL offenses, and defense, were slightly less advanced and audibling was less important) have held.

Romo's really good, IMO. I get far more out of the game when he's calling it.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Mahomes thoroughly outplayed Brady. Patriots just have a better team and staff. Hopefully Mahomes gets a few more cracks at a ring before the chiefs roster falls apart

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Dude he had a MAGA hat in his locker and called it a "keepsake". I could care less what his newest excuse is.

Wifey has already made it clear that their household isn't supporting Trump I thought. Besides, it's really Belichick who seems to be the true supporter, which is a shame because his players respect him and he's a brilliant coach. Ughhh

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
k2AixjW.png

Hightower is the furthest thing from.

My point being, Andy should have had something to take that pressure off of him. It was an insult letting Hill be double all god damn game. Just went to show that they didn't have an answer for it.
They did some stuff in the first have to play on the fact that he was being doubled but it only work like twice

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Give the Trump bullshit a rest guys.

Talk about the time Brady made out with his 11 year old son instead.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who voted for trump is a racist and a shithead. If Brady did I have no qualms about saying that about him. I never said otherwise so I have no idea why I'm being hypocritical. The hypocrasy is coming from people like yourself suggesting that there is some line that should be drawn between the patriots and the other shitty organizations in the NFL because Brady may have, and kraft and Bill certainly did, vote for Trump. I certainly have never pretended it doesn't exist. I just dont subscribe to the logic that by rooting for them that I am ok with it, and trying to understand the people who do use that logic how they reconcile that view with watching the NFL at all.

please show me where i am drawing the line between the pats and everyone else.

i root for the cubs, who are owned by the ricketts family. i hate it, but i still root for the team. but do i defend the ricketts family? no. i call them out for it constantly, and i let it be known that i find it to be a shameful part of the cubs organization.

like i said, i don't expect pats fans to stop being pats fans. some self-awareness would just be nice.

Oct 27, 2017
this is what it comes down to right here. a lot of people act like criticism brady for the trump/snakeoil/cheating stuff is just because people just mad for football reasons, instead of stopping to think that maybe they just don't like the guy who keeps letting it be known that he's an asshole.

so many patriots fans are incapable of just admitting brady's character off the field, and then they act shocked when people keep talking about it
Or they don't put much thought into it because they simply support a team and don't stupidly bring politics into it. Much like you supporting the NFL despite all the heinous shit they've done and stand for. Or are you saying you actually support all that shit they've done?

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did! And you just dismissed it with "oh well her der case closed then."

oh you mean your "brady doesn't support trump, because he said so" nonsense? it didn't deserve a real reply. it's such a hollow defense that you know is bullshit.

anyways, people stop responding to my posts. i stopped replying to you for a reason. don't make this creepy.

Oct 27, 2017
Andrew Luck is the real chosen one. Like if that boy don't win a SB when it is all said and done. He might be greatest athlete to never win.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh you mean your "brady doesn't support trump, because he said so" nonsense? it didn't deserve a real reply. it's such a hollow defense that you know is bullshit.

anyways, people stop responding to my posts. i stopped replying to you for a reason. don't make this creepy.

So Brady saying he doesn't support Trump isn't relevant to the question of whether he supports Trump or not?

You're not a reasonable person.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or they don't put much thought into it because they simply support a team and don't stupidly bring politics into it. Much like you supporting the NFL despite all the heinous shit they've done and stand for. Or are you saying you actually support all that shit they've done?

i am very vocal about the gross aspects of the sports organizations that i root for. it's really not hard to root for a team and also criticize them for shitty things they do. really not difficult at all.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Are you asking me how cheating impacts winning? Seriously?
Yeah, football-wise. I bet the NFL is filled with performance enhancing drugs but people seem to let that shit slide. Why do we care about deflated footballs? In the game the Pats were said to have done this, they replaced the balls with league standard ones at half time and Brady scored even more points afterwards...so I ask again, why does this shit matter? Deflate gate was the stupidest thing when it came up.

Bountygate was much worse and nobody even thinks about that anymore. Not like I care about that either. Just saying. The football action was awesome today.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
please show me where i am drawing the line between the pats and everyone else.

i root for the cubs, who are owned by the ricketts family. i hate it, but i still root for the team. but do i defend the ricketts family? no. i call them out for it constantly, and i let it be known that i find it to be a shameful part of the cubs organization.

like i said, i don't expect pats fans to stop being pats fans. some self-awareness would just be nice.
So were on the same page about this subject then. Its shitty, I have no problem saying that because the NFL in its entirety is a fucked up organization. It sucks because I love football, played it my whole life, and the team Ive rooted for since I was in 2nd grade is still somehow going to superbowls after almost 20 years. I just have an issue with people like stark trying to act like theres some special distinction that makes the patriots extra racists or alleviates themself from rooting for racists when, by virtue of watching the nfl at all, thats exactly what theyre doing (by their logic of course. I don't think rooting for a sports team that has trump voters on it equates to supporting trump).

Status
Not open for further replies.