Votes: 88 29.8%
  • Bucs vs Lions

Votes: 65 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
Purdy threw one pick, where a defender hit his hand.

He was 43-70 with 2 TD, 1 INT over the past two games.

He extended a bunch of plays with his legs, especially today.

If Hurts had the same performance and won the conference title, you wouldn't be saying he had two bad playoff games. You know that full well.
Can't just look at final number. He has thrown a crap ton of balls that somehow lucked their way through defender's hands.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Brock Purdy is now 4-0 in playoff games where he doesn't tear his UCL on his third dropback of the game.

(Shamelessly stolen from reddit)

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Purdy threw one pick, where a defender hit his hand.

He was 43-70 with 2 TD, 1 INT over the past two games.

He extended a bunch of plays with his legs, especially today.

If Hurts had the same performance and won the conference title, you wouldn't be saying he had two bad playoff games. You know that full well.
Hurts played meh and didn't really have an impact on the two post season games last season and then played outstanding in the Super Bowl.

He was bad in the 2021 and in 2023 Playoffs.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Lions looked unstoppable in the first half... then when you know the opposing talented team is about to make a run... you have MANY possessions to hold that team off...

Hell Refs also might make it harder for you... but you control what you can control... and again imo Campbell made the wrong decisions, ESPECIALLY after making the right one before halftime.. pushing the lead to 17 at the end of the half.

Should have continued to keep the pressure on Purdy to overcome a 3 score deficit...for as long as possible.

Anyway it is what it is... Lions are legit... that first half showed they were actually the top dogs of the NFC...and hell they beat the Chiefs earlier this year. Just have to build off that confidence...that mentality. Being able to run the ball will always keep you in the hunt. The Division will not get easier, but the Lions have to also consider themselves as one of those reasons.

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
As a Packers fan I can emphasise with all the sad Lions faithful. Y'all played a great season and were just two quarters away from an Owl game. The improvement in the last years is undeniable.

I don't care for any of the SB teams, though if I had to choose to save my life, I guess the Purdy story is more likeable than...well...the Tomahawk chop.
Soooooo eh..
Go Niners...🙄

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
49ers and Chiefs. If you asked me to name two teams I despise watching more I don't know that I could come up with one. Think I'll skip this years big game.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Can't just look at final number. He has thrown a crap ton of balls that somehow lucked their way through defender's hands.

Yeah and that happens, especially with a guy who is in his 2nd year. It doesn't mean you ignore turnover-worthy plays and doesn't mean you can't talk about luck in context but to say "X QB threw 3 picks" when he threw 1 is fucking clownish.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except it's the 49ers. For any other team, I would root for Purdy.

The team that has won 5 super bowls in 7 trips is angling to win their 6th and tie for the most ever, denying the team that's NEVER BEEN. Doesn't sound very good to me.
It's been 29 years since the Niners won the Super Bowl. The last two times they went have been losses. Sure it would've been a great story if the Lions had made it all the way, but I'm not sad my team made it.

Now I just hope they play better than the did their two playoff games…

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Under the Silver Lake
Love the dogpile on Kittle after the onside kick recovery.

Oddly enough, he fumbled the onside kick last time these teams played. Redemption.

H3qHB19.png

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Feel bad for young Gibbs... dude is so good. He knows how to use his speed. Usually RBs aren't able to break those kinds of runs on us. Each of his big plays, he was just out of reach.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Niners are literally from the liberal bastion the conservatives hate the most. A win by the Niners will literally cause theme to seethe like no other.

lol you don't pay any attention to conservative media if you think this. The current amount of hatred toward the Chiefs and "the way they're ruining the NFL" is on par with the hatred for Kaep.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans have decided that the Chiefs are their eternal enemies.

Mahomes, Kelce, and Swift must win to trigger them more.

lol you don't pay any attention to conservative media if you think this. The current amount of hatred toward the Chiefs and "the way they're ruining the NFL" is on par with the hatred for Kaep.

They're going to seethe either way. Fuck 'em.

That's probably a good thing for everyone. 😅
I truly think we all need to start ignoring this whole portion of media. A lot of times threads on era are revolving around the perspective of concern about fucking trash. Just doesn't seem constructive and definitely doesn't matter in regards to the Super Bowl.

[Fuck the niners of course (and the chiefs to a slightly lesser extent)]

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017

I try very hard not to pay any attention to conservative media, so can't say anything about it other than their hatred of coastal liberal elite cities.

So, in other words. Bang Bang 😎

Jan 20, 2018
I used to drive to Vegas, back when I lived in SoCal and it was like a 4-5 hr drive. Driving from the bay would suck 😩.
Yeah I wouldn't do that drive from the Bay at all. Your looking at 8 hours if you're not catching any traffic to Bakersfield and then just cut across through the 58 to Tehachapi and then take the 15 north. Now that I live in Orange County, it's easier to justify driving.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't do that drive from the Bay at all. Your looking at 8 hours if you're not catching any traffic to Bakersfield and then just cut across through the 58 to Tehachapi and then take the 15 north. Now that I live in Orange County, it's easier to justify driving.

That's where I used to live, it was great. You could literally do weekend trips and be good. Oh I miss my twenties

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
Rooting for Mahomes to win it all and continue building his GOAT resume.

Reporting for trash talk about players or teams is lame. Unless they say something way over the line people should be able to shit talk teams and players in here, that's part of the fun. Calling Purdy a carried, noodle arm, game manager, fraud etc. etc. is just banter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Niners are literally from the liberal bastion the conservatives hate the most. A win by the Niners will literally cause theme to seethe like no other.
The Niners don't have a very public Vaccine advocate like Kelce or the world's biggest pop star that politically weaponizes her fans against the Right like Taylor does. Pat Mahomes is also a successful black man married to an attractive white woman. Purdy meanwhile is the "average" Carhart wearing white guy underdog and Bosa is certified MAGA material. You have entire threads on reddit and Twitter talking about how the NFL has rigged the relationship between Travis and Taylor behind the scenes and manipulated the outcomes of games in order to get them to the Super Bowl in an election year. There are pages and pages of their insanity along those lines. If you don't believe me, go to Twitter and type in Taylor/Travis along with the word rigged into the search bar. It's absolute insanity what these people have cooked up in their mashed potato brains.

The Chiefs are the clear evil when it comes to the eyes of the bigots. It's not even close.

Edit: For example this is a copy of a Tweet that had over half a million views and nearly 10k likes so far when I copied it.

I have never been more convinced that the Super Bowl is rigged.

With all the unneeded and unwanted Taylor coverage at the games. KC's journey to the Superbowl - totally scripted.

Next...

Travis and Taylor together at the Super Bowl, appearing happy, and in love. Then KC wins.

And then later announcing their support for Biden.

Coincidental? No.
Bought and paid for couple. SMH.

Bookmark this post.

The Right despises the Chiefs right now more than they do the geographic location of the Niners.

Last edited:

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Rooting for Mahomes to win it all and continue building his GOAT resume.

Reporting for trash talk about players or teams is lame. Unless they say something way over the line people should be able to shit talk teams and players in here, that's part of the fun. Calling Purdy a carried, noodle arm, game manager, fraud etc. etc. is just banter.
Someone get suspended for trash talk?

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
People were talking about someone getting reported in here for banter, I don't know who

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
England
Excellent, the worst possible SB outcome. Ideal for me due to time zone so I don't have to compromise my sleep to watch it!

At this point I hope the Chiefs win just to piss of weird right wing dudes

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The line started at SF -3.5 a few hours ago right? It's down to -1.5 already. KC will be favored soon. (IMO they should be)