• David Carr

Votes: 97 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Looking at the defensive starters and the Pats have a ton of work...

Eric Lee - Former Bills practice squad player. Badly need an upgrade
Lawrence Guy - Really not bad.
Malcom Brown - Pretty good.
Trey Flowers - Disappeared in the super bowl. Otherwise good.
Kyle Van Noy - Should not be a starter.
Elandon Roberts - Should not be in the NFL.
Stephon Gilmore - Legit.
??????? - Yeah, we're missing a second corner at this point.
Patrick Chung - Old and banged up. No replacement on team.
Devin McCourty - Old but less banged up. Harmon can fill in when needed.
Duron Harmon - Solid but not on the same level as McCourty or Chung.

So that's at least one defensive end. The entire linebacking corp (It's foolish to count on Hightower). One starting corner. One safety.

That's pretty bad. This is what happens when you throw away years of drafts picks. Throw away good players in their prime, rather than paying them. Left with a husk of a defense, kept together with some solid older players and chicken wire.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh maaaan I just remembered the draft is in Dallas.

Ohhh man that #32 pick is going to be glorious. I hope they shove their rings under Drew Pearsons nose.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Pats offense should stay beasting the next couple of years but the defense is a mess which makes for a beatable team anytime in the playoffs. Gronk retiring would be a game changer though.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
Coming. Infrequently. Late 2018 only.
iRXdi07.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The defense really took a hit and when Rivers got hurt and Ealy left. Draft people were high on Rivers so he might be pretty good. The defense has some good pieces but need front 7 help the most. Gilmore is legit and finding another quality corner would be great, along with a safety.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Remember when Mike Lombardi said Doug Pederson is the worst coaching hirer of 2016? Least qualified?

Edit: wrong first name.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Patriots are pretty set at receiver for the next few years. Cooks, Edelman,Mitchell, Hogan and Dorsett. Maybe Amendola comes back too.

Well yes and no. 2018 is the last years of Cooks rookie contract. Edelman will be 32 in May.

Other than that they have some fairly cheap receivers.

After last night I think Bill is going to cut the fat on offense. May not be able to afford Solder. Martellus is gone (unless Gronk retires). Dwayne Allen needs to go (because of his contract). Dion Lewis will be too expensive. Burkhead is gone. Even Gilleslee is too expensive for what he brings.

They also have too many people who JUST play special teams. Need to get better players that are willing to play special teams, rather than trying to coach up special teamers.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how messed up Gronk is if these retirement rumors has any weight. Dude is relatively young but being doubled team and hit so often gotta take a toll on someone, even if they're as big as he is.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how messed up Gronk is if these retirement rumors has any weight. Dude is relatively young but being doubled team and hit so often gotta take a toll on someone, even if they're as big as he is.
He probably get job offers all the time. Is there any doubt he will get a job where hes paid to party or do crazy shit which he gives no fucks. As dumb as Gronk appears he only spends endorsement money so he's sitting on a good chunk of paper.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
We're home, Jimmy G getting close to signing a long term contract.
Also pats losing and the browns not winning a game made it a great season to watch.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So Butler missed curfew and got pulled over and they found trees on him.. Bad timing mang. Real bad timing.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad my son won't be born into a world where Cowboys and Giants will be able to use "how many rings" as their only argument as to the relevancy of their teams.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Hi, yes, is this the thread for Super Bowl champions?

Eagles-Era, represent!

Oh hell yeah it is! Welcome home!

Also I'm happy Dorenbos got a ring, out of anyone on that team. Him and Celek has been there the longest, they deserved that.

The difference between that QB catch is that Nick Foles played college basketball, so he naturally have great hands. Brady on the other hand.

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't agree with it. Same with Welker joking about feet. It's sudden death in the playoffs and we lost our starting CB for the entire game in which the defense got thrashed from start to finish

Yeah I hear you. I think in short term it was the bad choice, but the long term ramifications? What other player under Belichick is going to make a poor decision like that ever again when they saw him bench a starting CB in the superbowl over poor judgment? It does send a message. I think the short term aspect of it may just have been hubris on the part of Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.