When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Everyone thinks this is about next gen, but it really means Microsoft just noticed that the Star Fox IP was included in their Rare purchase in 2002, so today Xbox will drop a megaton by announcing the Star Fox game everyone's wanted forever, Star Fox Adventures HD Remix, coming to Game Pass today lol /s

Would Sams know PS5 specs? I guess it's not out of the question. If he has sources at Xbox, wouldn't Xbox know PS5 specs if they've been given dev kits for Minecraft, or will they get those later than a normal dev?

Taking into account that quite a lot of people moved from one studio to another it is defintively possible that he and especially Sony and MS now what the specs are for both consoles.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
What do theese teraflops do that everyone is talking about?

Had to look it up, did not know myself. Meaning is land-move or territory-sit. Seems like and aggresive move or act of defending ones ownership over a preferred produce.

terra/ˈtɛrə/

noun

land or territory.

(in science fiction) the planet earth.

flop/flɒp/

verb

1.fall, move, or hang in a loose and ungainly way.
"his blond hair flopped over his eyes"

2. sit or lie down heavily and suddenly, especially when very tired.
"Liz flopped down into the armchair"

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019
This is a good solid question that unfortunately I can't thoroughly answer without disclosing way more than I should. I'm also not up to speed on the latest BOM for the current consoles (for obvious reasons). I will say, generally speaking, that people place a lot more emphasis on console loss then they should, primarily because they focus on launch pricing vs. overall pricing.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really hope the PS5 isn't 9tf. That would suck!

I don't really know what that difference would make in a real world environment....but 12 is more than 9 lol

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
I'm not denying that MS has revealed more, but it's ridiculous to say that all Sony has revealed is the logo.

Also, Xbox Series X will have haptic feedback (voice-coil actuators) in the controller? I don't remember hearing that.
Of the main things, yeah logo is all. I discounted MS things as well because they are not big things.

To my knowledge xbox controllers have had haptic feedback since xbox released, they added impulse triggers on xbox one controllers. I can't imagine playing racing game without them, I rely on haptic feedback on my finger tips to control my drifts etc.

Voice coil actuator is just one of haptic feedback methods and not the sole meaning of haptic feedback.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

I don't really know what that difference would make in a real world environment....but 12 is more than 9 lol

As long as it's designed that way and not being pushed too far to close the gap i don't mind, plus the Pro will get released quicker if the gap is obvious.

Kronos

Mar 12, 2019
Hello everyone! Been lurking here for a while, forgot my log in stuff till recently and wanted to join in on the speculations :)

Ps: is it possible to get a piece of this Tonky 🤔?

Evuk

Oct 28, 2017

I personally dont mind if it were 9tf.
It's all about the games for me and we all know that MS and Sony will create a Pro version of this next gen anyway (which I will more than likely buy as well).

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Why? Multiple people have stated you can do great things with 9TF RDNA. But for me i am in the same boat, if a base console got to last for the next 7 years or more i rather have it be above the double digits.

9.9 vs. 12.

Even if true, who cares? Every insider of renown is saying that they are comparable machines :)

No one, be it MS or Sony, has fucked up.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Even if it was as little as 6TF or a massive 15tf, once you see games like horizon 2, god of war 2 on your shiny 4K screen, it will have you drool all over 🤤

I don't get people's general obsession with TF in this thread. We had crazy good looking games this gen (and still few to come) on 1.x TF hardware, that was already outdated at release.

next gen will come with modern parts from the start.

don't worry. All will be good :)

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Am I retreading old ground here, but wasn't there a rumour here or somewhere that the PS5 was going to launch last year and it was delayed becuase of BC or something.

That would explain the 9TF thing to me. But this could be completely tales out of my ass.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tonky...was a good man
730.gif

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Am I retreading old ground here, but wasn't there a rumour here or somewhere that the PS5 was going to launch last year and it was delayed becuase of BC or something.

That would explain the 9TF thing to me. But this could be completely tales out of my ass.

I can't see a tech company delaying their product for 1 year and bring it out with older tech then the other company on the market space.
If there is a such difference in gpu power, it will be because they aim for a different price point.

ppn7

May 4, 2019
Can someone tell me what is going on with the so called "Tonky" and why everybody is trolling him ?

Oct 27, 2017
For everyone saying 9TF would suck for a whole gen, if LH is 4TF all games would have to run on it, third party that is. I mean yeah games scale of course but 4TF would be the base for GTA 6, Elder Scrolls 6, etc

personally I'd be happy if LH didn't exist and even if PS5 was 3TFs lower, at least it would be setting the base at 9.2TFs instead of much lower

Was there a time we were hoping for news today?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it was as little as 6TF or a massive 15tf, once you see games like horizon 2, god of war 2 on your shiny 4K screen, it will have you drool all over 🤤

I don't get people's general obsession with TF in this thread. We had crazy good looking games this gen (and still few to come) on 1.x TF hardware, that was already outdated at release.

next gen will come with modern parts from the start.

don't worry. All will be good :)
Because we had games on the Xbox One that we were 'drooling over' at launch, but that base Xbox One looks like garbage now and is a major pain to scale down to. I want these consoles to scale well over the next 7+ years (Although I'm sure that's what the inevitable PS5 Pro will be for).

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't see a tech company delaying their product for 1 year and bring it out with older tech then the other company on the market space.
If there is a such difference in gpu power, it will be because they aim for a different price point.

Yeah, completely makes sense that its a cost price saving approach over anything else. Probably just some madness I saw on the internet.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't think we can say waht TF numebr is the best until we know the prices

if 12 tf implies 499$ is one thing, if it's 599 it's another

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me what is going on with the so called "Tonky" and why everybody is trolling him ?
Regular user who has faith (claiming) there will be a reveal/announcement today for PS5. Mods (three of them) came in here to check it out and have diner plans with him. His fate will be decided at a dinner table. All of that in a couple of hours.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Regular user who has faith (claiming) there will be a reveal/announcement today for PS5. Mods (three of them) came in here to check it out and have diner plans with him. His fate will be decided at a dinner table. All of that in a couple of hours.

Wait he's actually going out with three of the mods at the end of the day? Haha oh man.

Evuk

Oct 28, 2017
but deep down we hope Tonky is right...

Status
Not open for further replies.