• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
The github leaks are legitimate.

I think what Matt was saying was that the github leaks do not 100% confirm either way what the PS5 will be.

But considering when the tests were done, it's a fair assumption to then assume that unless major overhauls happen (which don't seem likely) the GitHub info is accurate.

Until we get any actual information stating other wise that's what makes sense.

The test results repo is legit and I got confirmation.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Wait....what the heck happened. I leave this thread for a few hours and everything changed?
source.gif

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
Wait....what the heck happened. I leave this thread for a few hours and everything changed?

The only thing that's changed is the concerted effort to delegitimize the data leak, which coincidentally is the most solid account of information related to the consoles to date. It's just raw data, not innuendo and charlatan presented theory.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Confirming from what he's heard PS5 and XSX are very close. He was part of that recent video that was posted where that other dude mentioned PS5 was over 10.5 TF

chowyunfatt

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OT9: Incredulous

"unwilling or unable to believe something" is a good start, but the lack of belief could be caused by any number of reasons.

Gully Bully

Aug 19, 2019
PS5 is going to be less powerful than XsS. 9.2TF VS 12.xxTF. Both will have amazing beautiful next-gen games. PS5 will be cheaper than XsS. This is what Sony meant by transitioning PS4 customers to PS5 at a fast pace. Cheaper yet powerful next-gen console that plays every game you own.

Yeah if Sony has the balls to go the vastly cheaper yet adequately performant route, then they'll definitely be successful in transitioning their customers over at a much faster rate than MS will.

MS seems to think, or at least acts as if, the Xbox One only lost because it was weaker. No, they lost because it was more expensive; and they made people believe there would be no used games because "you can't just flip a switch."

I will say this, however... Sony really needs a Forza Horizon killer like yesterday. Forza Horizon is a system seller and will be doubly so with the hardware advantage.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I thought it's not confirmation of anything. So confused now.

If you subscribe to the theory that the Github Oberon test unit was a low speed devkit and not directly representative of the PS5 then it's not confirmation of anything ;)

The info is legit, it's the interpretation of the info that's wrong.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
It says Sparkman and Arden are both 56 CU. people have historically associated Sparkman with Lockhart, but at this size, I just don't buy it. Something is wrong there.
I think that might be legit. As I replied to someone previously, Sparkman might be the blades for the xCloud that are comparable to Series X. That's why they only tested for One S speeds and Series X target speeds with it whereas Arden was tested on One S, One X, and Series X target speeds. Arden needs to be able to play all those games. Sparkman needs to be able to create One S and Series X xCloud speeds for streaming.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you've all been doing well!

I've quoted the title suggestions I've seen so far and I'll try to get a poll up soon. Possibly within the next 500-1000 posts but it's hard to judge because the thread moves so fast!

If you have any suggestions for a new thread title until then, please don't hesitate to post it!

If you do make a suggestion, please write "OT9" clearly in the post like this, this is to make it easier for me to search for them!
I think we should try to keep names out of it depending on the context, as I don't want people to take things wrong.

Thread title format: Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| -

Edit:
Please try to leave the GitHub stuff out of it, it's unfortunate that some kind of leak took place, I'm concerned about the person who made the mistake, so I don't think it would be a good idea to have thread title inspired by what happened.
|OT9| - Git Gud

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
If you subscribe to the theory that the Github Oberon test unit was a low speed devkit and not directly representative of the PS5 then it's not confirmation of anything ;)

The info is legit, it's the interpretation of the info that's wrong.
I thought most already assumed it's not official confirmation of anything. Just so confused by Matt's post. It sounded like the 9.2 tf data was incorrect and much higher.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The only thing that's changed is the concerted effort to delegitimize the data leak, which coincidentally is the most solid account of information related to the consoles to date. It's just raw data, not innuendo and charlatan presented theory.
Dude, it's the tech specs of a fucking toy. I can't even imagine being so pathetic as to launch any sort of "concerted effort" related to them.

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

This is supposed to be fun. It's a hobby. It doesn't really matter.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I thought most already assumed it's not official confirmation of anything. Just so confused by Matt's post. It sounded like the 9.2 tf data was incorrect and much higher.

A LOT of people were taking the Github leak to mean the final PS5 would be 9.2 TF and were coming up with any number of narratives to explain Sony's motivations to do so.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah if Sony has the balls to go the vastly cheaper yet adequately performant route, then they'll definitely be successful in transitioning their customers over at a much faster rate than MS will.

MS seems to think, or at least acts as if, the Xbox One only lost because it was weaker. No, they lost because it was more expensive; and they made people believe there would be no used games because "you can't just flip a switch."

I will say this, however... Sony really needs a Forza Horizon killer like yesterday. Forza Horizon is a system seller and will be doubly so with the hardware advantage.

I think Xbox Series X will be more expensive than PS5, but will have better specs than PS5. But Lockhart will be aggressively priced, there was a reddit thread about Lockhart being potentially $250

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
It says Sparkman and Arden are both 56 CU. people have historically associated Sparkman with Lockhart, but at this size, I just don't buy it. Something is wrong there.
Which is why it's really interesting for people to dismiss parts of a leak as wrong, but in the same breath saying other parts are the best information we have unless we hear to the contrary, despite the mountain of contradictory leaks already in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.