When will the first 'next gen' console be revealed?

• First half of 2019

Votes: 593 15.6%
  • Second half of 2019(let's say post E3)

Votes: 1,361 35.9%
  • First half of 2020

Votes: 1,675 44.2%
  • 2021 :^)

Votes: 161 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see the point in having a newer console that can only stream games from MS or Sony. If that's all it's going to do, I'm sure MS or Sony could just patch that into existing Xbox One or PS4 hardware, provided there aren't extra features on new hardware that are too incompatible. If there is going to be two tiers of hardware from the get go, I think they will both be capable of playing games natively.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
The higher revenue per user was USA only plus we don't know how much more it was compare to Sony .
I really don't see how that equal them taking bigger lost than Sony since Sony have more users and also most likely making more profit of there hardware .

You are wrong when the PS3 came out it sold\ship more per year than 360 WW.
How did you think Sony caught up after MS was leading them by over 10 million units WW.
If i remember right Sony sold\ship more system per year than MS did every year but one .
1. The US is the biggest market. Each and every platform holder will do anything to do well there.

2. Microsoft makes more money off each console user on average. Sony makes more total. Both can leverage that however they see fit. Sony can choose to spread losses over more sales, and Microsoft making more money of a user can pass a discount to fewer users knowing that they will make it back in the future.

but sure xbox team got advantage because

ps4 pro released - November 10th, 2016

xbox one x released - November 7, 2017

fun fact :
xbox one - November 22, 2013
xbox one s - June 13, 2016
xbox one x - November 7, 2017
xboxNext - ??
I am pretty sure that there are posts by Albert Penello on this very thread that proves this to be wrong. There is also an interview that Phil Spencer gave to Gamasutra that detailed the decisions they went with, and why they chose to wait a year to have a better console as opposed to releasing in 2016 as Sony did.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
From what I've read, NGG fastpath should be quite decent if they fix it. Especially for consoles.
Currently it is completely broken.

Not broken, disabled.

The NGG fast path, which includes primitive shaders, is disabled in all iterations of Vega because AMD isn't able to enable it transparently in the driver, because the resources dedicated to doing so were moved over to Navi development.

It's why—referencing that Sebbbi tweet—there has been no talk on NGG and benchmarks show no difference, I.e. because it's disabled and the GPU geometry processing is currently perpetually relegated to the legacy fallback mode; which incidentally is worse performing than Polaris because Polaris had a fixed function geometry accelerator.

Yes... Vega was a mess.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
1. The US is the biggest market. Each and every platform holder will do anything to do well there.

2. Microsoft makes more money off each console user on average. Sony makes more total. Both can leverage that however they see fit. Sony can choose to spread losses over more sales, and Microsoft making more money of a user can pass a discount to fewer users knowing that they will make it back in the future.

I really don't get your point for number one .
The USA being the biggest market don't mean Sony going to base everything around them .
They never have and that is one of the reason they sell so many consoles WW.
In fact every region head does what best for them in there market .

For number 2 my point was neither would show who is willing to take a bigger lost on a console .

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
tbh, is anyone really excited about the TFlops these things will have...

....as i get older i certainly just couldn't give a shit about TFlops anymore if everything will still play the same.

In this gen, an overwhelming majority of these games that had taken advantage of the TFlops are very, very, very similar to game design, mission structure, AI, mechanics that we had last gen for way less TFlops...

I mean, I just couldn't give two shits anymore about power when they don't do anything with it except make everything prettier. It still feels like a fake-ass reality inside a video game no matter how much tech had advanced. Ultra photorealisic environments but same dumb AI with their backs towards us waiting to be stealth-killed.

Man...either i'm jaded or i am just wanting something more, and as much of a leap as they do with graphics. give me the same leap in design, in mechanics, in missions, in AI in everything.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I really don't get your point for number one .
The USA being the biggest market don't mean Sony going to base everything around them .
They never have and that is one of the reason they sell so many consoles WW.

For number 2 my point was neither would show who is willing to take a bigger lost on a console .
If you are a business, you always build a product around what the core market is. The console market is largely dominated by sales to the west, and in that segment, there is no larger market than the USA. Sony is not going to sleep on the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo did overwhelmingly well in the USA last generation and that was one of the reasons their market share was at its lowest. It is not also lost to them that they are not doing as well in the Japanese market as they used to with more and more gamers going to mobile solutions.

Sony and Microsoft will first and foremost look at who the biggest consumer is and build around that.

Onto the second point, Microsoft makes more money off each consumer than Sony does. The last time I checked, they (Microsoft) did $10 billion in revenues compared to Sony who had double the install base with $17 billion. Microsoft is also one of the most cash rich companies out there, and are looking for ways in which they can essentially have a cloud setup that caters to both gaming and cloud compute when the servers are not being used for gaming. In short, Microsoft, if they want can essentially discount their console in ways that Sony cannot.
This does not mean that they will because taking that risk is something that also has to have some benefit in sales.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Except the fact that we still don't know what game they will show....if their hardware will be the most powerful and if the services Will be more exciting.....
Probably you just want another ps no matter what ....lots of people like do value what they buy
Is PS4 attach rate not the highest of the current gen consoles. BC as I said before is a great incentive for current users to stick with Sony. Sony is not stupid. There definately will be new or improved existing services that they offer to keep their users on the platform.
I have a huge PS4 library and I absolutely will be sticking with Sony if they offer me full BC regardless of what MS does.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
A quick question. How do you reconcile this piece of information...

Anyway, I don't know for sure what next-gen specs will look like. I have no idea how many teraflops there'll be. A dev recently told me that a lot of people within studios are just making assumptions based on limited information, and that one of the assumptions is that everything's going to be twice as powerful.

... with this info (about "DS5 leak")?

Asked a couple of people who would know. They both said it's fake.

And one more thing. What does this part:

(...) one of the assumptions is that everything's going to be twice as powerful.

... even mean? Twice more powerful than what?

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you are a business, you always build a product around what the core market is. The console market is largely dominated by sales to the west, and in that segment, there is no larger market than the USA. Sony is not going to sleep on the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo did overwhelmingly well in the USA last generation and that was one of the reasons their market share was at its lowest. It is not also lost to them that they are not doing as well in the Japanese market as they used to with more and more gamers going to mobile solutions.

Sony and Microsoft will first and foremost look at who the biggest consumer is and build around that.

Onto the second point, Microsoft makes more money off each consumer than Sony does. The last time I checked, they (Microsoft) did $10 billion in revenues compared to Sony who had double the install base with $17 billion. Microsoft is also one of the most cash rich companies out there, and are looking for ways in which they can essentially have a cloud setup that caters to both gaming and cloud compute when the servers are not being used for gaming. In short, Microsoft, if they want can essentially discount their console in ways that Sony cannot.
This does not mean that they will because taking that risk is something that also has to have some benefit in sales.

We don't know that Microsoft make more revenue off each user (with the Xbox One), infact the opposite is likely to be true, as based on the latest recorded figures we have available, the PS4 has a much higher attach ratio, higher infact than any console in history based on what data we have.

The Microsoft revenue figure is likely bolstered by Windows Store revenue (PC software sales, DLC etc) and thus a large number of PC consumers, as well as games like Minecraft, which is available on a multitude of platforms including mobile, PS4 and Switch etc. Don't forget that Sony's biggest mobile game, Fate Grand Order, earned $1.8bn in revenue this year alone, but that didn't fall under PlayStation revenue in the financials, since the company behind the game, Aniplex, is under Sony Music instead.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

No you build your product for the WW market and not for one region unless that region is the target only ( there are other factors depending on the product )
PS5 is going to be a WW product, in fact switch just shows that by being both portable and home console after how poor Wii U did which you skip over.
This also goes for marketing\ deals \pricing etc etc which is different for every region or country .
For Sony they going to build there console around the west and the markets are mostly the same compare to say Japan where portability is a bigger factor .

As for your second point i won't get into that since you already have MS is one of the richest companies back drop .

Last edited:

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
We don't know that Microsoft make more revenue off each user (with the Xbox One), infact the opposite is likely to be true, as based on the latest recorded figures we have available, the PS4 has a much higher attach ratio, higher infact than any console in history based on what data we have.

The Microsoft revenue figure is likely bolstered by Windows Store revenue (PC software sales, DLC etc) as well as games like Minecraft, which is available on a multitude of platforms including mobile, PS4 and Switch etc. Don't forget that Sony's biggest mobile game, Fate Grand Order, earned $1.8bn in revenue this year alone, but that didn't fall under PlayStation revenue since the company behind the game, Aniplex, is under Sony Music.
Playstation revenue comes from among others the streaming service (available on PC and previous gen consoles), subscriptions, game sales, console sales, peripherals and for Sony it still included Playstation 3 sales.

I also think that only looking at attach rates is missing the picture. You have DLC, microtransactions. How well those two do is immensely important not only to Sony and Microsoft, but it has been the primary driver for profits for a lot of publishers.

As for Aniplex, add what they are making to the Playstation revenues and it still falls short of what Microsoft is making from gaming as a whole on average.

No you build your product for the WW market and not for one region unless that region is the target only ( there are other factors depending on the product )
PS5 is going to be a WW product, in fact switch just shows that by being both portable and home console after how poor Wii U did which you skip over.
This also goes for marketing\ deals \pricing etc etc which is different for every region or country .

As for your second point i won't get into that since you already have MS is one of the richest companies back drop .
Any region that accounts for 30%-40% of sales is a dominant market. You build around that.
You also fail to understand what the US as a country has done for entertainment culture, and why so many games, movies, books that do well mainly borrow from that. How many Chinese games do you see doing well on the Playstation? How many African titles? How many games are Sony making targeting the Japanese market and solely for the Japanese market?

Anything that wants to have critical success is aimed mainly at the US market: do well there and the rest of the world will follow. The Xbox One is not a failure because Microsoft has done relatively well in the US market.

Blu Ray did not take off as Sony had envisioned and digital distribution of audio and audio video have changed how they would traditionally market their goods. There is more competition in the TV market and there are a lot of companies that have eaten into Sony share in electronic sales (phone, laptops, music players, headphones etc). Gaming is the core Sony business while that is not the case for Microsoft, Google or any of the other companies that may look to join the industry like Amazon/Apple. Those companies have more flexibility in how they can discount a product e.g. Microsoft is in position to discount every console at $100 if they think that they can achieve 10,000,000 console sales in a year. That would be a billion........that is a lot of money, but it is infinitely lower percentage of cash when you are making $100 billion and have in excess of $150 billion in the bank to someone else who is not making that much or does not have as much saved up.

This is why you see Google spending money on Pixel (fantastic phone that may never have mass market appeal) and now Stadia knowing that they can leverage cloud, search and ads. All these companies can leverage in ways Sony cannot, and if streaming becomes common place in the next decade, you will see these players consolidating the market.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Any region that accounts for 30%-40% of sales is a dominant market. You build around that.
You also fail to understand what the US as a country has done for entertainment culture, and why so many games, movies, books that do well mainly borrow from that. How many Chinese games do you see doing well on the Playstation? How many African titles? How many games are Sony making targeting the Japanese market and solely for the Japanese market?

Anything that wants to have critical success is aimed mainly at the US market: do well there and the rest of the world will follow. The Xbox One is not a failure because Microsoft has done relatively well in the US market.

Blu Ray did not take off as Sony had envisioned and digital distribution of audio and audio video have changed how they would traditionally market their goods. There is more competition in the TV market and there are a lot of companies that have eaten into Sony share in electronic sales (phone, laptops, music players, headphones etc). Gaming is the core Sony business while that is not the case for Microsoft, Google or any of the other companies that may look to join the industry like Amazon/Apple. Those companies have more flexibility in how they can discount a product e.g. Microsoft is in position to discount every console at $100 if they think that they can achieve 10,000,000 console sales in a year. That would be a billion........that is a lot of money, but it is infinitely lower percentage of cash when you are making $100 billion and have in excess of $150 billion in the bank to someone else who is not making that much or does not have as much saved up.

This is why you see Google spending money on Pixel (fantastic phone that may never have mass market appeal) and now Stadia knowing that they can leverage cloud, search and ads. All these companies can leverage in ways Sony cannot, and if streaming becomes common place in the next decade, you will see these players consolidating the market.

Are you seriously trying to tell me what the USA has done for the world entertainment culture.
Your whole point is the Sony would put USA first which is nonsense .
They really don't have to since the western market is the same for consoles hardware but even then EU sell the same amount consoles for Sony .
If anything you can see Sony does not put the USA first by looking at there software which sold the most in the EU .
In fact they made the new GOW with EU in mind .

The fact that you think XBOX1 has not done bad ( i think it did okay\bad depending on context ) because it sold okay in USA is funny .
When even compare to 360 it going to sell way less in the USA.
You need to take off your USA = the world glasses .

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Are you seriously trying to tell me what the USA has done for the world entertainment culture.
They really don't have to since the western market is the same for consoles hardware but even then EU sell the same amount consoles for Sony .
If anything you can see Sony does not put the USA first by looking at there software which sold the most in the EU .

The fact that you think XBOX1 has not done bad ( i think it did okay\bad depending on context ) because it sold okay in USA is funny .

You can't really reason with a perspective like his.

Better to agree to disagree and move on.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Not broken, disabled.

The NGG fast path, which includes primitive shaders, is disabled in all iterations of Vega because AMD isn't able to enable it transparently in the driver, because the resources dedicated to doing so were moved over to Navi development.

It's why—referencing that Sebbbi tweet—there has been no talk on NGG and benchmarks show no difference, I.e. because it's disabled and the GPU geometry processing is currently perpetually relegated to the legacy fallback mode; which incidentally is worse performing than Polaris because Polaris had a fixed function geometry accelerator.

Yes... Vega was a mess.

Is it possible that once Navi is released, AMD's engineers might be able to go back and fix the NGG in Vega cards? It would be nice of them, and it might make the Radeon VII surprisingly effective next-gen along with its 16GB RAM (doesn't seem to accomplish much now, but I'll be interested to see the difference between it and an 11GB 2080 Ti on next-gen games).

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Is it possible that once Navi is released, AMD's engineers might be able to go back and fix the NGG in Vega cards? It would be nice of them, and it might make the Radeon VII surprisingly effective next-gen along with its 16GB RAM (doesn't seem to accomplish much now, but I'll be interested to see the difference between it and an 11GB 2080 Ti on next-gen games).

I wouldn't think so. The resourcing problems that resulted in Vega in the first place still persist, and once Navi is done they'll need to put those resources on their next-gen microarch design.

Vega is a lost cause at this point.

I find it crazy .
When the truth is more and more things are targeting the WW market as a whole.
For eg anybody that follows movies would know that Hollywood had start doing that over 2 decades ago .
But yeah it seem you are right .

No company that wants to have a global business focusses only on one single market/region, not even MS.

Xbox puts too much emphasis on the US market for sure and its definitely to their detriment. SIE's more regional management structure provides a more targetted and undeniably more successful approach. It does also come with its own drawbacks too, however.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
WE ARE DEBATING WHETHER A SINGLE COUNTRY WHERE HUGE SALES ARE ACHIEVED IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN OTHER CONTINENTS? You guys are crazy. When it comes to gaming, the US will always be that one market that everyone wants to excel.

Sony makes most of their money in the US. Every console manufacturer makes most of their money in the US, and it will remain to be the case as long as the dollar is the reserve currency and as long as the petrodollar is still in use.......should they collapse then you would have a point.

Gamers in the US just have more to spend, and it has a lot to do with how the worldwide currency is set up. If you cannot understand that or do not understand that, or cannot grasp why the Euro was even set up, then you have no grasp of how these businesses are structured. Sony will put the US first and by extension the EU because that is the only way to make money.
I find it crazy .
When the truth is more and more things are targeting the WW market as a whole.
For eg anybody that follows movies would know that Hollywood had start doing that over 2 decades ago .
But yeah it seem you are right .
The biggest hits in Hollywood......what are they based on? It is mainly US pop culture, or comics that were written decades ago, issues to do with drugs.
You can't really reason with a perspective like his.

Better to agree to disagree and move on.
I can assure you that you are wrong in this, and that you would struggle to make a point that makes any sense. Businesses follow money, and money in gaming is mainly made in the US for the most part, by extension, businesses in entertainment spend more to appease to that market.

Edit: Gamers in the US are paying on average less for consoles and games given how the exchange rate works, yet they account for the lion's share of sales. Sony and Microsoft would be making a larger loss on consoles if they were subsidized, and a lower profit if costs came down i.e. they are both doing that to ship higher volumes.

Let us also assume that the current sales gap remains 2:1, and Sony ships 100 million total (30% to the US) and Microsoft sells 50 million with 40% going to the same country. Both would be on the lower end, but this one country would account for 1 out of every three consoles shipped worldwide. But you are likely to ship more consoles to a market that sells more than you are to a market that sells less...so what does that say?

The only way you guys can make sense out of nothing is by lumping the entire European market together as if it were a single economic block against a single country. As I stated before, the only way the US market collapses is if the the dollar collapses, or if people stop trading in it internationally, because all that inflation that the US has exported will come home, and it will bring the worldwide economy down in the process.

Last edited:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't think so. The resourcing problems that resulted in Vega in the first place still persist, and once Navi is done they'll need to put those resources on their next-gen microarch design.

Vega is a lost cause at this point.

Expectation:
VegaPortraitBLUE.PNG

Reality:
EoHM3kz.jpg

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Would it be too much messing about to design Anaconda with HBM memory (won't prices fall if Google is placing tons of orders for it?) and Lockhart with GDDR5 or 6?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2. Microsoft makes more money off each console user on average.

This is in stark contrast with all the information we've gotten during the course of this gen. Most recently, PSN making more money than the entire XB division. So in short, can we see some receipts (aka documented statements or reliable info/interviews) to back up this claim. Because otherwise your statement seems quite fantastical.

Extremely fantastical to be honest.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Would it be too much messing about to design Anaconda with HBM memory (won't prices fall if Google is placing tons of orders for it?) and Lockhart with GDDR5 or 6?

The impression seems to be that even with a large order, HBM2 RAM would just be too expensive when GDDR6 would be enough. HBM3 probably won't be available in time. Shame, as I've heard it would be better in every other way, but the cost is just too much.

This is in stark contrast with all the information we've gotten during the course of this gen. Most recently, PSN making more money than the entire XB division. So in short, can we see some receipts (aka documented statements or reliable info/interviews) to back up this claim. Because otherwise your statement seems quite fantastical.

Extremely fantastical to be honest.

It's true that Xbox makes more per user on average, but PSN makes more overall because the PlayStation ecosystem has more users. Xbox seems to mostly have a more hardcore userbase (i.e. casuals are mostly on PS4 on PS4 and bring down the per-user average), hence the higher average. PlayStation still does better overall.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
This new patent from seems extremely conceptual, and should not be taken as something Sony intends to do with a DS5 (or DS6 or 7...) but I thought it was a funny coincidence after yesterday.

AUGMENTATION OF A GAMING CONTROLLER VIA PROJECTION SYSTEM OF AN AUTONOMOUS PERSONAL COMPANION

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20190091572.pdf

ZDHCrKf.png

SVXCewY.png

9rhoMUw.png

It's not a touchscreen, but a surface onto which a robot/drone projects an augmentation onto the controller.

nqTfv8z.png

I don't know why you would do it this way rather than just using a touchscreen, but that's the context for this patent. Even in a future where you could have robots projecting stuff onto surfaces, I don't think you'd achieve this particular benefit in that way. I guess it's just covering bases. And again, highly conceptual. However it's interesting that this is the latest in a series of patents around a companion robot device. Fun stuff.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This new patent from seems extremely conceptual, and should not be taken as something Sony intends to do with a DS5 (or DS6 or 7...) but I thought it was a funny coincidence after yesterday.

AUGMENTATION OF A GAMING CONTROLLER VIA PROJECTION SYSTEM OF AN AUTONOMOUS PERSONAL COMPANION

ZDHCrKf.png

SVXCewY.png

9rhoMUw.png

It's not a touchscreen, but a surface onto which a robot/drone projects an augmentation onto the controller.

nqTfv8z.png

I don't know why you would do it this way rather than just using a touchscreen, but that's the context for this patent. Even in a future where you could have robots projecting stuff onto surfaces, I don't think you'd achieve this particular benefit in that way. I guess it's just covering bases. And again, highly conceptual. However it's interesting that this is the latest in a series of patents around a companion robot device. Fun stuff.
That.... is some patent lol.
Maybe in the future sony will give me a real life astrobot with my PS6

do it sony

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

ZDHCrKf.png

SVXCewY.png

9rhoMUw.png

nqTfv8z.png

Yeah, that is pretty far out there. I've been seeing a lot of robot companion patents though.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Anyway, I don't know for sure what next-gen specs will look like. I have no idea how many teraflops there'll be. A dev recently told me that a lot of people within studios are just making assumptions based on limited information, and that one of the assumptions is that everything's going to be twice as powerful.
Twice as powerful as what? Google's Stadia? what?!

Jan 2, 2018
So,after Jason's last post I feel like I should update my personal prediction for next gen:

APU:
Zen 2 8C/16T @ 3.2 Ghz
Custom Navi GPU ~12TF

RAM:
16GB GDDR6+dedicated OS pool of 4gb DDR4.
24GB of GDDR6 would be awseome,but I doubt it would happen.

Storage:
I think MS will actually go with an SSD solution,but I think Sony might stick with a 7200RPM Sata3 2tb hdd.

I/O:
No hdmi-in on XB this time,but both will have hdmi 2.1 out.
Usb 3.2
Or whatever the latest standard is being called right now.
Dedicated usb-c VR output on PS5.

I want to hope for 399$ late 2020 release, but would not be surprised if both went with a 499$ with MS having the cheaper Lockhart option.

Feb 10, 2018
So,after Jason's last post I feel like I should update my personal prediction for next gen:

APU:
Zen 2 8C/16T @ 3.2 Ghz
Custom Navi GPU ~12TF

RAM:

Storage:
I think MS will actually go with an SSD solution,but I think Sony might stick with a 7200RPM Sata3 2tb hdd.

I/O:
Usb 3.2

I want to hope for 399$ late 2020 release, but would not be surprised if both went with a 499$ with MS having the cheaper Lockhart option.

I think Ms will include USBc outputs just incase they do VR one day.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
TBH, the biggest issue I have with next gen consoles being higher than 11TF of Stadia is the fact that this gen started with GPUs which were below PC mid range parts at the moment of its launch - while anything above 10TF will likely be in the upper mid range territory of PC parts in the end of 2020. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe 7nm costs will go down enough for the end of 2020 for us to get ~15TF for PC mid range parts which will make consoles with 10-15 TF APUs kinda possible in the usual console pricing ranges.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
but he almost is on-point with those leaked specs! i believe he knows something!
Sounds accurate enough except for the bandwidth, which not even the 2080 Ti reaches, but the jump from emotion engine to the Cell was enormous, so much so that the Cell can emulate the whole PS2 system without using the PS3's GPU. Bulldozer to Ryzen however is just a nice jump, i think people are overrating it a bit due to how small the GPU jump will be compared to the X/Pro.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
TBH, the biggest issue I have with next gen consoles being higher than 11TF of Stadia is the fact that this gen started with GPUs which were below PC mid range parts at the moment of its launch - while anything above 10TF will likely be in the upper mid range territory of PC parts in the end of 2020. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe 7nm costs will go down enough for the end of 2020 for us to get ~15TF for PC mid range parts which will make consoles with 10-15 TF APUs kinda possible in the usual console pricing ranges.
Agree. Also if I hear "aiming for" I have to think about the same statements about games aiming for 60 fps. And we all know how that plays out in most cases ...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

APU:
Zen 2 8C/16T @ 3.2 Ghz
Custom Navi GPU ~12TF

RAM:

Storage:

I/O:
Usb 3.2

That is pretty much where i stand. I think MS will use a single SSD for all storage, while sony will go for 1/2TB HDD with 64GB SSD for when you run a game.

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Jason posts.

Not only another Team 2020 gain (and early 2020 looks less likely) but a minimum 11tf?

Feels good.

It seems like exclusives will be the showcases as usual with all the different hardware options. I'm sure there will be impressive 3rd party games either way with that baseline combined with Navi efficiency.

Onward, to fall 2020!

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Except the fact that we still don't know what game they will show....if their hardware will be the most powerful and if the services Will be more exciting.....
Probably you just want another ps no matter what ....lots of people like do value what they buy

Yeah they do.
And with that in mind when it comes to games lots of people know that they will get quality from Sony 1P studios meanwhile the same can't be said MS 1P output.
At this point what MS offers are promises, potential good ones it's true but still promises.
Sony offers reality.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The RX 3080 should be $250 according to rumors & the Vega 56 is already close to that price on sale, RX 3080 being comparable to Vega 56 with less of a focus on Compute & more so on other areas (basically throwing in the towel & copying Nvidia) should get over 10 TFLOPs easily, AMD like to play with TFLOPs numbers, so i could see them planting it around 12 TFLOPs while it loses soundly to the 10 TFLOPs GTX 1080 ti.

It's gonna be real fun people claiming PS5 is as good as a 2080 Ti because Nvidia & AMD measure flops differently.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Just saw the Jason posts.

Not only another Team 2020 gain (and early 2020 looks less likely) but a minimum 11tf?

Feels good.

It seems like exclusives will be the showcases as usual with all the different hardware options. I'm sure there will be impressive 3rd party games either way with that baseline combined with Navi efficiency.

Onward, to fall 2020!
Yea, all the improvements will lead to a fantastic baseline for next gen, Games will look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.