• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sega will announce the latest entry in the Yakuza series during the Sega Nama broadcast at Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online on September 27 at 20:00 JST, co-host Ayana Tsubaki said in a tweet. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Niconico, Periscope.

www.gematsu.com

New Yakuza title to be announced on September 27 [Update 3: No new title to be announced]

Sega will announce the latest entry in the Yakuza series during the Sega Nama broadcast at Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online on September 27 at 20:00 JST, co-host Ayana Tsubaki said in a tweet. You will …

Curious what this might be. Maybe already another full entry? Will they stick with the RPG mechanics?

Update:

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Isshin let's goooooooooooooo!

I really hope it's something with brawling style gameplay. I'm still not on board with super lengthy fights and issuing commands to some randos.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Too early for an all-new game. My guess is either a remake of Dead Souls or Kenzan, preferably the latter so we can FINALLY get a worldwide release.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
we're due another spin-off

or maybe they are finally deciding to 'kiwami' 3?

but fuck all that, i'd rather get a Judgment 2

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SlimMisguidedDrongo-size_restricted.gif

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for a new Judge Eyes. :(

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still shocked at how quickly they put these out.

Yeah sure, recycled things and all that, but it's still impressive.

Not gonna lie, Kiwami 3 would be DOPE.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
After finishing 7, I really hope they stick with Ichiban and the RPG style mechanics. Was an absolute blast to play and one of my favourite platinums

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017

Just finished Judgment less than an hour ago - I'm with ya. Great story, great characters, but holy hell they need to dial waaaaaay back on the amount of combat.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Judgment less than an hour ago - I'm with ya. Great story, great characters, but holy hell they need to dial waaaaaay back on the amount of combat.

The combat I was okay with but I never want to do another tailing mission again.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I am playing Kiwami 2 and my god man that game's systems and graphics are a huge improvement over kiwami 1

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Is judgement 1 good? Was hoping to catch it on steam. Still have 0 and kiwami to play. idk why i keep buying them and not playing them. Maybe cuz i know if I start them ima get sucked into it lol.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
It'd be a shame for them to have put all that work into making a turn-based Yakuza only to use it once, so I'm hoping that mainline sticks with it for a while... especially if Ichiban's gonna be our main protag for the next several entries.

It's totally fine for spinoffs to carry the brawler torch in the meantime. I'd be as excited for a Judgment 2 as a new mainline Yakuza.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Gimme kiwami 3 but make the engine run better
If not, bring the remaster 3-5 collection to pc/Xbox

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
If they're saying it's a new title, I don't think they mean a remake/remaster/rerelease/etc.

Haven't played Yakuza 7 so I don't know how I'll feel about the turn based combat, but I'm down for anything. Hope they don't bring back Kiryu.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Is judgement 1 good? Was hoping to catch it on steam. Still have 0 and kiwami to play. idk why i keep buying them and not playing them. Maybe cuz i know if I start them ima get sucked into it lol.
i really loved Judgment

it plays a lot like Kiwami 2 and Y6 (its running on their new engine), it has a really melodramatic story (like youd expect), some fantastic side quests and characters, and a lot of variety

you can enjoy it without any knowledge of the Yakuza series, tho there is something special about playing an original story with all new characters in the same city im so used to

there's a few things that drag it down a touch, like tailing missions, but theres upgrades you can get to make them not too bad, and it all fits well within the theme of being a detective

it's a pretty long game, too, especially if you get deep into the side stuff

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't even finished Judgement yet. Not a complaint but Yakuza games are coming a little too fast now.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
it probably wont be Judgment 2, since they specifically said it was a Yakuza game, but i imagine a Judgment 2 is in the works

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Whatever it is please announce it for at least PS5 so we know MS hasn't bought Sega, lol.

I haven't played 7 yet, but the turn-based combat looks super fun so I'm okay with them sticking with that for now. We have enough brawlers in the franchise.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
My guess: probably another full game, possibly either another numbered Ryu Ga Gotoku or a simiarly-sized spin-off game, that'll come out in Japan Q1 or Q2 next year. Cross-gen maybe.

Yakuza releases in the west have been very erratic, but in Japan the RGG games have pretty much been annual for at least the last 10 years. I'm expecting at least one more cross-gen Yakuza or Yakuza-related game before they go all the way to next-gen.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Hope it's a real time title. I don't mind them continuing the mainline series turn based, but I want them to throw us real time fans a bone. Don't care if it's spinoffs or remakes, I'll take anything.

Kinda nuts if they managed to not skip a year due to COVID and everything.