Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I already miss the original one, internet had to ruin a movie that was already going to be shit. We were suppose to go all in.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Who else wishes Sanic becomes the villain of the sequel ?

Make him a failed Clone.
This is Sanic
latest

This is Soinc
dims

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what a difference.

I was never really the target demographic for this movie, but man if I had kids, I would totally take them to see that movie.
Nightmare Sonic will always live on in our hearts....and our nightmares.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
You can really tell that the inital idea was to somewhat ground him in reality. The new design looks more out of place and cartoonish in a live action enviroment but it actually works in the movies favor as it now has a bit of that Roger Rabbit flair.
Yeah, the problem with that was he was never going to look "realistic." He's a blue hedgehog roughly the size of a human child. He's a cartoon, he'll always stick out in a live-action movie.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I can't even imagine the amount of work that must've gone into this. It seems to have payed off though. That looks like Sonic.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Movie still looks pretty pedestrian overall but it's amazing how much more appealing it is just by making Sonic actually look like Sonic.

And who knows, Jim Carrey looks to be fully hamming it up so he might be able to elevate this into something watchable.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Seriously im not sure whats with all the negativity on this movie it looks great with the new design 👍 this > Detective Pikachu

Only negative i see is it isn't a CG film wich may more accurately portray the games

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4BZ7IXa.png

The great thing about this redesign is at first glance it looks like the whites of his eyes are attached like the real old school designs, too.

Regardless how the movie turns out, you have to say they really nailed the redesign.

Dang. So Sonic gets a redesign and they get DrDisrespect to acknowledge his villain ways. These guys went all out.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
+_e9b703fa06c31e97399fc52f8a178da2.png

I can't believe the same guy responsible for Nipples the Enchilada would years later end up doing official art for Sonic comics and making cartoon shorts and even providing the final design for the live action Sonic movie

Mokujin

Oct 31, 2017
They did the right thing, they get my respect. Movie looks so - so but not terrible like it did with the original design.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
However the movie itself turns out, that is a god-tier Sonic redesign. Like someone else said, I'd be perfectly happy to see that design in the games it looks so nice.