Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow they're doing the Ultimate Spider-Man thing with Mysterio. That's super wild.
Of course assuming that line isn't total bull.

And I didn't realize how much the stealth suit is just the Noir suit.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of all things, I hope the after--credits is Hardy's Venom popping up. The theater would erupt. C'mon Sony, figure this shit out.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I really hope that Mysterio turns out to be "Spider-Man" in another dimension just to poke fun at him almost becoming Spidey in the Raimi films.

Why would Spider-man have green magical powers.

Why does Mysterio have that, anyway?

This trailer was released way too early. Sony cant help themselves.

This movie is coming out in two months. They have to promote it. Endgame has made over two billion at the box office anyway. I'd say the people that care about spoilers have watched the thing.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If the multiverse thing is legit, and not smoke & mirrors by Mysterio, I wonder if Mysterio is from the Venomverse. And maybe that's how they transfer Peter over to the Sony side when their MCU deal is done.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Folks really taking a dude named "Mysterio" at face value

tumblr_posk16UwyU1v4a8wfo1_540.png

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I surprised people outside of the trailer are falling for Mysterio's obvious deception. That's fun.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
For the love of all things, I hope the after--credits is Hardy's Venom popping up. The theater would erupt. C'mon Sony, figure this shit out.

If multi-verse, a two minute scene with Tobey and Andrew teaming up with Holland against Venom

Then again - it's Sony. If they were doing that it'd be in the trailers by now haha

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And then he fully goes back to Disney?

Sony I think you mean. Yes, but let's be honest, despite Venom doing so well, I dont think Sony is dumb enough to cut ties with Marvel/Disney with all the money they are making. I would assume a new deal will be struck.

However, I could see a scenario in which Sony chooses to fully produce Spidey solo movies and only loans him out to cameo in Marvel Studios ones.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Don't trust Marvel trailers.
It's certainly better compared to the previous one.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like they are setting up Mysterio to be MCU's Hyperion. Jake already's got the beard after all.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I must have misunderstood something in End Game. If this film is set after, how come Parker's friends aren't 5 years older?

Deleted member 1963

Mordo basically said the same thing in Doctor Strange. It's happening.
I take it X-Men and Fantastic 4 will be here sooner than we think.
ain't no "basically" about it, The Ancient One explicitly defined the multiverse in Doctor Strange.

Shit is getting real now y'all.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I figured Jake being there had something to do with the snap. I just hope things don't get too crazy. The Flash started to feel silly.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like an anti hero/anti villain Mysterio. Otherwise him going "Haha I was the villain all along and fooled you" would be so boring and obvious.

MCU is its own entity so it doesn't have to follow comics, they already made Mandarin who is a formidable villain in comics into a joker in IM3. It was bad because he was worthless, but an anti villain Mysterio that sometimes works with heroes? I'll take that.

Yeah, the first trailer actually made it look like it was the usual "Mysterio pretends to be a hero to get fans, Spidey finds out and the two duke it out" storyline but with this whole multiverse angle it feels like they're doing something completely different.

Which is pretty awesome but I kinda wish they had kept the misdirection. Mysterio seeming to be a good guy we expect to be a bad guy, but is actually a good guy after all would've been a neat little rollercoaster.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will assume Mysterio as bad guy until proven not to be, we aren't going to have CGI Monsters be the bad guy, expect the twist coming.

Going to be interesting to see how much they flirt with the multiverse stuff.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I mean it was pretty clear from the ending of Homecoming that MJ probably knew about his secret identity, but yeah there was no need for that scene in the trailer. Sony truly can't help themselves can they?

I really like the post-Endgame setup for this though and the opportunity to develop Holland's Spider-Man.

IMG_2056.png

Expecting an MCU sanitised version of this scene mentioning the Sokovia Accords (assuming they didn't just scrap those entirely after they nearly tore the universe in twain)

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Normally marvel are pretty good at not showing the whole movie but there is a ton of stuff revealed here that I would have preferred to see on the big screen.

I'm sure they still have a few more surprises at least .
Marvel makes the movies, Sony makes the trailers. That's why Homecoming also had shit trailers.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is releasing on a tuesday? I am not against it but why?

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Man this movie just hit $2b like who hasn't seen it at this point lawd all this spoiler complaining.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Isn't Chameleon confirmed to be in this film. I am going to guess that it's the Chameleon this whole time and the real Quentin Beck is working behind the scenes.