DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The best Mysterio is from the Spiderman 2 video game where his boss fight starts, he begins a monologue and his health bar fills up like 7 times..

Then as soon as you punch him once, he's defeated lol

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

I never understood this. Like, why would sony look a gift horse in the mouth? There's no financial reason to ever remove spider-man from MCU and everything in the film industry is about money. After Spider-Man 3 and the 2 i won't even talk about why would they ever risk losing this golden goose.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The big question now is, can Spider-Man Far From Home crack a billion ?

Homecoming deserved to do better than it did and this looks even better, also coming off the success of Endgame, surely this is Spider-Man's time to really shine.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I'm not defending it, I'm laughing about how it's such a major event that can't possibly be reconciled in any of these movies
Its hilarious. I was expecting it to just be like "everything is fine and there are no consequences" which is dumb in its own way, but instead they just ignore all the ways that what happens in endgame doesn't solve the problem

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and if we weren't thinking that AOS S6 was doing multiverse stuff before, yeah this pretty much confirms it.

edit: actually (endgame spoilers)

Is this the consequence of destroying the gems that The Ancient One mentioned?]/spoiler]

I'm probably LTTP on that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its hilarious. I was expecting it to just be like "everything is fine and there are no consequences" which is dumb in its own way, but instead they just ignore all the ways that what happens in endgame doesn't solve the problem

Because they don't want to pretend nothing happened, simple as that. Neither did they really ignore anything, the ramifications can get hashed out in future movies such as this one.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Oh, and if we weren't thinking that AOS S6 was doing multiverse stuff before, yeah this pretty much confirms it.

edit: actually (endgame spoilers)

Is this the consequence of destroying the gems that The Ancient One mentioned?]/spoiler]

I'm probably LTTP on that.

I saw the first episode of AoS S6 last month and last week when this multiverse stuff came out I said stuff in AoS made more sense now and got blasted for it, so be careful mentioning AoS and the MCU around there.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I remember just a couple of weeks ago here people were still convinced that Doom would show up in Endgame, despite all the evidence against it and Feige saying the Fox stuff has no place in the five-year plan they're working on now.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ke...ot-part-of-the-five-year-phase-4-plan.110350/

I did caveat with late Phase 4/early Phase 5. ;)

The seeding will be different than the Thanos buildup, though. At least, that's my guess.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I mean, what were you expecting? That they dedicate this movie 100% to the relief efforts and boring minutiae about how everything came together? I don't see how you're getting "Yep, I knew it! No care, MCU's over!" from this at all. I don't get it? Repeatedly on this site I'm seeing people seeing what they want to see and it's driving me crazy.
Actually since this is almost immediately after Endgame I hope much of the cityscapes are abandoned and run down. It would take years to rebuild after everyone came back. I do hope they show some of the struggles of bringing people back to families that have moved on or remarried. What about people that died in the last 5 years? People snapped come back already confused learn that their loved one died in a car crash 3 years ago and to them they just closed their eyes and woke up like nothing happened.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So assuming that Mysterio isn't lying and really is from another world...

Could they introduce Mutants by having them be refugees from another world that they couldn't stop Galactus from destroying?

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
oh hell yes

Rhy4aIz.png
Explains why the passport in the teaser had the birthdate and issue/expiration date censored in the 1st teaser.

Peter probably already had a passport from civil war which was in 2016 and if it was issued then would be valid until 2026. Now he needs a new one since if he didn't, then his birthdate would imply he is ~22 years old in FFH.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
The big question now is, can Spider-Man Far From Home crack a billion ?

Homecoming deserved to do better than it did and this looks even better, also coming off the success of Endgame, surely this is Spider-Man's time to really shine.
Homecoming didn't crack it because it was coming from Sony's brand damaging movies but still did higher end of the MCU numbers

...and this is coming off Endgame

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Homecoming didn't crack it because it was coming from Sony's brand damaging movies but still did higher end of the MCU numbers

...and this is coming off Endgame
And Sony is not as good as Marvel marketing wise. This is why Sony should let Marvel do everything , marketing ( trailer , tours etc ) included.

Btw my dream is a Spider- Man movie directed by the Russo brothers. They seem to really care about the character.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Sony is not as good as Marvel marketing wise. This is why Sony should let Marvel do everything , marketing ( trailer , tours etc ) included.

Btw my dream is a Spider- Man movie directed by the Russo brothers. They seem to really care about the character.

same, written by markus and mcfeely as well. civil war, infinity war, and endgame are the best live action spider man movies as far as I'm concerned.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but after what happened with Endgame i'll probably layoff on Marvel Movies in a while. It's the fatigue I guess and the great conclusion EG delivered, still I'll binge watch when few of them releases

Oct 25, 2017
How do you say "I don't believe you" in Canadian. :-P
You just say "I'm sorry" and hope that the slightly stern look in your eyes conveys your emotions adequately.

over Toby Mcguire's dead body

BYUEshm.jpg

Kinda off topic but while watching the Raimi movies I always got the impression that he'd rather be making Superman movies.
And I think Raimi Superman movies would have been hotter than Raimi Spiderman movies.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
with so many mentions of iron man, ill bet he recorded a message for pete that theyll play halfway into this movie, and then ill cry again.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I never understood this. Like, why would sony look a gift horse in the mouth? There's no financial reason to ever remove spider-man from MCU and everything in the film industry is about money. After Spider-Man 3 and the 2 i won't even talk about why would they ever risk losing this golden goose.
To boost the Sony Universe of Marvel Characters.

Sony no longer distributes Bond. Spider-Man is their largest franchise. If they could get box office hits out of expanding the Spider-Man universe into an annual hit, it helps smooth out the years that they do not have an MCU Spider-Man film releasing. Additionally, Disney is now inheriting a trove of additional characters with X-Men and FF, so they have a host of IP they can focus on outside of Spider-Man.

Now theoretically, Sony's attempt at creating/restarting franchises works out with the Valiant Cinematic Universe, Masters of the Universe, Men in Black, Ghostbusters, Jumanji, Charlie's Angels, Monster Hunter, Uncharted and they could afford to relax on their dependency of Spider-Man.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the Fandango interview-
Fandango: In the trailer, Fury says it was the "snap" that caused this rip in the universe. Does your film answer which snap it was? Was it the one that brought the heroes back or the one that killed the villains?
Jon Watts: Yeah, these are all great questions and there are so many answers, but I don't want to give it away.
The answer is probably
Hulk trying to bring back Nat

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spiderman not being able to do something small and potentially meaningful is a pretty smart reference to the state of the MCU as a whole.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I don't know what unused character I wanna see next but Sony/Marvel have made Vulture and Mysterio look absolutely amazing. Day 1 for sure, gonna be sad seeing how there will be a big break after this.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
FOUND IT!!

What the hell is up with the Black/Red suit on 2:17 in the trailer?

Peter starts with the Iron Spider suit

Gets his regular Blue/Red suit from nick fury/happy

then he gets the Stealth suit.

But then, in the trailer, we get Red/Black spiderman suit only in day shots in a ruined area.

That's been driving me up a wall in this trailer. I still think that's either Miles or Alternate peter and the reveal is that Mysterio killed Peter in his world and fled to ours and is trying to sell himself a hero to our Dimension while on his, he was a scumbag.