• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh, people are pushing the narrative that SWSH is not going to be used in VGC because of the cull. This is because they announced the VGC2019/20 circuit the other day and list

The first Regionals start in September.

The game is out in November

People seem to be skipping that line of thought
Of course it's because of the cull. If people could transfer Celebi to SwSh, then they would be able to go back in time to participate.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of "RUN" having a higher chance of working depending on the level difference between you and a wild Pokemon is pretty good though.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also his "gyms should be based around themes or mechanics" idea is one I've seen tossed around a lot but I kind of don't think TPC would ever let that happen for both marketing reasons and because types are a lot easier for every singe person that could ever play the game to understand. Should be an E4 thing I reckon.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...it's a competitive Pokemon. I do think there should be some level of effort required to get one.

Other competitive games require hours and hours of grinding to get the required loot and stuff.
Grinding in other games for competitive requires actually playing the game.

Pokemon is regulated to this

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yes, they should add something like winning fights accelerate the breeding process. For example, beating a trainer in Battle Tower counts like a thousand steps or something like that.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Or O-Powers or abilities speeding it up
I think the intrinsic problem is that you have to walk. Even if the necessary number of steps is decreased, Pokémon is not an open world so "just walking" is not very entertaining. There should be more interactive methods, mini-games or combats.

Even if they were slower than the classical method, such as EV training in X / Y and S / M, it would be very welcome.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game really needs a battle simulator just to let people play online competitively. You can access it after reaching the first town or beating the first gym, whatever. Let people build pokemon how they wish, showdown style, provide a few rental pokemon sets and rental teams for beginners that helps them learn about team composition and combos like Sunny Day + Solar Beam and the like.

Rental teams with QR Codes is a start, but it should be more helpful, no point giving a team to someone if you aren't going to provide a setence on what the gameplan is. They probably should know that they want to be keeping the Sunshine up first to reach full potential.

You are losing and scaring a majority of people away who would even want to play online when you have to say "Do you know about IVs? You'll need them to be competitive".

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019
There was an actual intended route, people just found the other way faster.
The up-down route had two major problems: loading screens at both ends.

I actually didn't use that small cramped place because it was annoying having to leave, get a new egg and go back in there. I just went around in circles left of the daycare lady.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the intrinsic problem is that you have to walk. Even if the necessary number of steps is decreased, Pokémon is not an open world so "just walking" is not very entertaining. There should be more interactive methods, mini-games or combats.

Even if they were slower than the classical method, such as EV training in X / Y and S / M, it would be very welcome.
well there is the wild area. but the walking part is the problem, rather than where you can walk

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, of course. In some other games, walking would be a minor problem but would never cease to be a problem.
if they had somewhere worthwhile to walk to, it would be even less of an issue. the SM path is an admittance of bad design. "just run this path, doing nothing of note until the egg hatches"

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
They just need to give us an item that stores eggs outside of your team. Having to switch Pokémon and eggs then hatch and deposit is the worst part, not the walking

And eggs should be teleported into it as they are made. Then you could just indefinitely go on with your business as they get collected and hatched.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

They should really let go of all the step-based stuff and make them time-based. Include incubators in the game to speed up the hatching by a lot, like 5x faster. Make weather or location increase the boost as well. Like having to go to the snowy part of the game so Snorunt can hatch faster makes it a lot more interesting than just running in circles.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I really hope breeding and hatching gets a massive overhaul this gen

Breeding and egg hatching is a really boring process for me and after a couple of goes it really puts me off wanting to even think about competitive play. Wandering up/down/around a single area waiting for them to breed and later on for eggs to hatch is really tedious design, and then there are the limits on the number of Pokemon in your party meaning that switching eggs and newly hatched Pokemon feels like a chore.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
With the camping element, they should really just bring over the incubators from Pokemon Go. That honestly should be the only feature they should bring over. Camping happens automatically when you save on any route/wild area, open up the game the main screen before loading the file is actually your campsite and you have 5 new eggs in your incubators ready to hatch.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I think the best fix for hatching is to make it time-based instead. Let's say an egg takes 5 minutes to hatch. You can either sit there doing nothing or keep playing normally until it's done.

Having incubators would be great, too. Either to make the process a bit faster or just so eggs don't take one space in your team (which, honestly, never made sense to me).

With the camping element, they should really just bring over the incubators from Pokemon Go. That honestly should be the only feature they should bring over. Camping happens automatically when you save on any route/wild area, open up the game the main screen before loading the file is actually your campsite and you have 5 new eggs in your incubators ready to hatch.

This is also a great idea and it would be a nice aesthetic touch, too. Like your character was resting there, waiting for you.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to give us an item that stores eggs outside of your team. Having to switch Pokémon and eggs then hatch and deposit is the worst part, not the walking

And eggs should be teleported into it as they are made. Then you could just indefinitely go on with your business as they get collected and hatched.

I'd like an item like the Berry Pots but for eggs. Something like that for carrying 3-4 eggs at the same time.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they fix breeding competitive pokemon. Far too tedious and complicated even with changes. Such a huger barrier for newcomers.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That seems kind of low after the 18 in pokepelago

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Just invent a chicken pokemon that sits on eggs. Every daycare has them. You put your eggs under it, and it dramatically increases the hatch speed. Then streamline the process so that the pokemon keep laying them and the daycare keeps putting them under the hen without having to babysit each step of the process as the player. You get phone calls after the first egg and then after each set number of eggs going forward to remind you. Then you get your in world flavor, and make the process less annoying and tedious

*ring ring*

"Your pokemon had some eggs! Would you like us to put them under Motherclucker until they're ready to hatch?"

"Sounds good. We'll just keep putting any more under there too. They should be ready to hatch in no time!"

a reduced number of steps later

*ring ring*

"Your pokemon eggs have hatched! Please take whichever ones you want to raise, and we will take care of, find homes for, or release the rest for you. Seriously, don't think too hard about this or make it weird, just abandon whatever you don't want. It's fine. We aren't going to cook and eat the leftovers or something. That's just a nasty rumor being spread around town."

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just invent a chicken pokemon that sits on eggs. Every daycare has them. You put your eggs under it, and it dramatically increases the hatch speed. Then streamline the process so that the pokemon keep laying them and the daycare keeps putting them the hen without having to babysit each step of the process as the player. You get phone calls after the first egg and then after each set number of eggs going forward to remind you. The you get your in world flavor, and make the process less annoying and tedious

*ring ring*

"Your pokemon had some eggs! Would you like us to put them under Motherclucker until they're ready to hatch?"

"Sounds good. We'll just keep putting any more under there too. They should be ready to hatch in no time!"

a reduced number of steps later

*ring ring*

"Your pokemon eggs have hatched! Please take whichever ones you want to raise, and we will take care of, find homes for, or release the rest for you. Seriously, don't think too hard about this or make it weird, just abandon whatever you don't want. It's fine. We aren't going to cook and eat the leftovers or something. That's just a nasty rumor being spread around town."
what is Flame Body

Status
Not open for further replies.