cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
I'm a simple man. I see Electivire, I buy.

Also:
Pastures, we've got some interesting information to dive into here, let's look at this.

SAfOlFj.png

Those are the main things I can tell from the screenshot. Disappointed that it appears abilities are gone in this game.

Are those Pokemon icons new? I really like them.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't see this as necessarily a good or bad thing but they find it fucking hilarious to give these regional forms/evos facial hair don't they

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yesssss customisation. Give it tooo meeeeeee. I want to be beautiful.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
So here's the things that I've gathered from the trailer.

- light voice acting, grunts at the very least exist from the protagonists.
- trainer battles are in.
- boss pokemon need certain ingredients to take down.
- a decent variety of outfits and customizations will be in game.
- phones?!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So here's the things that I've gathered from the trailer.

- light voice acting, grunts at the very least exist from the protagonists.
- trainer battles are in.
- boss pokemon need certain ingredients to take down.
- a decent variety of outfits and customizations will be in game.
- phones?!

Not only a phone, a phone from and by the Pokemon god!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
How's Arceus gonna change types without its ability

Lol
Answer seems pretty simple to me, make it a feature of the plates themselves. They'd function normally when held by any other Pokemon, but change Arceus's type. That is of course assuming held items are in. If not then they can just have a location where you change types,

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least the fact they're willing to have light voice acting makes me more hopeful for the future. And maybe major cutscenes will actually be voiced in this game, who knows.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Mostly the grass and tree's, it looks a bit too dim to me which kinda blends it together at spots.

The more muted colors work really well to sell the old timey setting tbh

Perhaps it's because of light filter of it or to match the rest of the gam yeah, curious what it will look like when actual playing it. Not a deal breaker by any means!

Oct 27, 2017
Answer see s pretty simple to me, make it a feature of the plates themselves. They'd function normally when held by any other Pokemon, but change Arceus's type. That is of course assuming held items are in. If not then they can just have a location where you change types,
These all seem like weird workarounds for something they already have a solution to, much like how they did Megas in LGPE, but...whatever

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see this as necessarily a good or bad thing but they find it fucking hilarious to give these regional forms/evos facial hair don't they
My god you're right. Alolan Golem, Mr. Rime, Galarian Weezing, Darmantian, Perrserker, Huisian Growlithe, and now Cleavor all have new mustaches and beards

Now all of the regional forms without facial hair seem somehow lacking

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a simple man. I see Electivire, I buy.

Also:

Think they are? It's sorta close to Battle Revolution/Colosseum Style but with the new models. Although I am disappointed they are phasing out the old 2D Sprites for icons. I would also like some sort of Monster Hunter Rise like Japanese Painting style icons for the pokemon instead.

cj3ogck9ilj61.jpg

Also hate to say this but it's true.

giphy.gif

The "Frenzied Noble" effect looks like arse. Coat it in an ugly yellow hue and then surround it with these weird glowing needles that it constantly clips through all the time. I hope this is a WIP and it's improved in the final game because it just looks awful.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Pinsir better get a damn evo or something. It's not fair how much love Scyther gets.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
My good:

- awwww yeah, open world biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith
- new battle system and capture mechanic
- slick UI that's pretty clean looking
- trainers can actually get attacked by Pokemon
- the music is smacking
- you can control the Pokemon you ride in 3D space
- I'm actually digging the weird somewhat flat Japanese water color artstyle/aesthetic
- battles happen seamlessly anywhere in the overworld (guessing it doesn't happen in towns)
- Kleavor looking GOATED
- I'm liking the customization they showed for the MC
- breaching out the water and catching Mons look fun as fuck
- Arceus Phone

My bad:

- abilities appear to be gone, i know the battle system is changing things up but I'll have to see how this plays out
- the on foot trainer stuff doesn't actually look fun, maybe I'm wrong and there is more to it besides rolling and throwing stuff, idk
- i don't have a problem with reading text but i wish the NPCs were more expressive
- minor nitpick: i wish you could pick a Poke to follow you around
- the open world could be a lot more interesting. Would be cool to see other trainers interacting with Pokemon and getting their assess kicked among other things

Otherwise, we looking good!

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
These all seem like weird workarounds for something they already have a solution to, much like how they did Megas in LGPE, but...whatever
I think they'll have a new form to take care of that
Think they are? It's sorta close to Battle Revolution/Colosseum Style but with the new models. Although I am disappointed they are phasing out the old 2D Sprites for icons. I would also like some sort of Monster Hunter Rise like Japanese Painting style icons for the pokemon instead.

cj3ogck9ilj61.jpg

giphy.gif

The "Frenzied Noble" effect looks like arse. Coat it in an ugly yellow hue and then surround it with these weird glowing needles that it constantly clips through all the time. I hope this is a WIP and it's improved in the final game because it just looks awful.
The needles are obv based on Arceus's ring, and the fact they are so many makes me think this is what they meant by Arceus having a thousand arms

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
With each trailer I'm getting closer and closer to wanting this day one. I'm still not there yet, but it does look better and better. The lack of voice acting was really off putting, though. It felt weird how just...silent it was.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

cj3ogck9ilj61.jpg

giphy.gif

They probably do this so younger players can have an easier time of keeping track of it in a 3D space. This is the first game where you actually have to play a bit of action based combat.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The game is looking more promising on each trailer but the lack of voice acting it's so disappointing more so cause they make the characters move their mouths. I hope we dont get a cutscene with a character "singing" like in SW/SH.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Pinsir isn't even in the Shinnoh dex so it most likely won't even show up in this game.
I mean, there are plenty of Pokémon in this game that aren't in the Sinnoh dex.

The game is looking more promising on each trailer but the lack of voice acting it's so disappointing more so cause they make the characters move their mouths. I hope we dont get a cutscene with a character "singing" like in SW/SH.
Easily a low point in the entire franchise lol

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Looks like for this game and BDSP they've replaced the menu sprites with the actual Pokemon's models.

Its a little disappointing to see because of the charm but they're mostly a holdover of the sprite based Pokemon games anyways.

I can totally see Arceus transforming into some beautiful golden-colored humanoid form. The frenzied state yellow glow must connect back to Arceus in some way right?
We absolutely MUST have an Arceus with 1000 arms. I don't care what it takes but i have to know what "origin form" Arceus looks like, especially if you name a game after it.

May 1, 2021
Hi I'm stupid! Has there been anymore information shared on whether the world is truly open world like BotW or is it segmented like Xenoblade??? Have we heard anymore??

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game is slowly looking more and more hype...

Love the new UI, glad there are some trainer battles in it, and Scizor is never getting topped

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think the first thing that bums me about this game is that apparently we can't ride our own Pokémon, it has those dedicated ride Pokémon which is so boring considering I'm literally raising my own flying and swimming monsters.