• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England

PlayStation global brand spot takes gamers beyond "The Edge" to explore new worlds
"The Edge" showcases our ambition to challenge the ordinary and continue to push the boundaries of play. We want to raise the bar for our fans and for ourselves as we move into a new generation. The core of our brand is defined by those thrilling moments when our hearts race and we leap into undiscovered adventure. That's what this new ad is all about.
PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, delivering a new generation of innovation in gameplay, storytelling, and immersion that will transport players to new worlds at lightning speed. The future of gaming looks incredibly promising, and we want to make a few more promises in turn. We will never stop imagining the future. We will never stop cherishing games, the remarkable people who make them, and the passionate people who play them, because we believe that Play Has No Limits.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...gamers-beyond-the-edge-to-explore-new-worlds/

PlayStation 5's Latest Spot Wants to 'Evoke Some of the Feelings You'd Get' From New Console
"It's really just talking about who we are as a brand and exciting and thrilling our fans," Lempel tells Variety. "We want to excite and thrill you. We want to show them a path to the mysterious unknown… what you're seeing is them coming to the edge and then going beyond. And really, that's what we're trying to signal here. It's not about the features. It's a brand spot."
He does, however, note that "you're going to see a lot of the games start to play into these campaigns very quickly" as the next-gen console gears up for launch (a price and release date for the PlayStation 5 beyond holiday 2020 have not yet been announced).

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/playstation-5-ad-spot-watch-the-edge-1234767502/

Last edited:

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I'm sorry... what is this?

qKhoR9f.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
This is a terrible ad. Doesn't show the system. Doesn't show the games. I don't even think any of the ships we see in the ads represent any of the games announced for it? This is like the baby PS3 ad, just not creepy.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
found an unlisted ad damn how the hell folks find that lol. oh i see its from variety first

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
meh. just show the games. i really dont understand these ads. what a waste of money. i bet this cost millions to produce.

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017
This is a terrible ad. Doesn't show the system. Doesn't show the games. I don't even think any of the ships we see in the ads represent any of the games announced for it? This is like the baby PS3 ad, just not creepy.
Sony has always had "out there" ads like this

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Song choice is interesting, as sometimes I feel Sony's fanbase truly is a Teenage Wasteland.

Yes, I know the song is actually called Baba O'Reilly.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
meh. just show the games. i really dont understand these ads. what a waste of money. i bet this cost millions to produce.
I mean they're the only one to actually show real next gen games running on their console AND they have another showing Wednesday that will specifically show more PS5 gameplay. This is a weird post to get up and arms about a CGI trailer

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony execs. 2 Weeks Ago. "Make a new ad, just have fun. Go crazy with it"
Sony execs. Today. "Well we paid for it so lets release it, but let's not give them complete autonomy anymore."

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So many ships in the ad, is Sony trying to tell us they are about to ship a new console? 😏

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it looks cool but I always wonder if these artsy ads actually get anyone to buy into things. Their budget seems magnitudes greater than just, y'know, showing the thing you're trying to sell.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing that people doubt Sony's marketing team after this Gen.