• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one is actually pretty amazing, though it does make me cringe thinking about those razor blades that apparently made their way into some kids bags' in Ohio and Connecticut yesterday.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Shout-out to the Easter egg in the first panel!

PBF128-Chew_Boy.gif

good catch

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Erm, if the kid has diabetes why was he trick-or-treating?

People with type-1 diabetes require insulin injections as they don't produce any in their own pancreas (or produce only a small amount). Insulin is generally taken at mealtime with a dosage scaled based on the carbohydrates being consumed (and current blood sugar level). This means that it's not just sweet stuff like candy or fruit that one needs insulin for, but *all* carbs.

As someone who is type-1 diabetic, I will sometimes substitute some of the carbs in my meal for a treat, like a bit of candy/chocolate. This means that I do indeed eat candy, chocolate, and other sweet things like anyone else, but I generally have a lot less of them. I could of course simply eat the carbs in the same way I would otherwise and just take more insulin.

So there's no reason a child with type-1 diabetes wouldn't be trick-or-treating with their non-diabetic friends.