• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

New Pokémon Snap will allow for you to take photographs of over 200 Pokémon

Releases April 30th World wide

Pre orders start January 14th

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Feels weird. Did they just throw this out randomly?

... I really hope it's a worldwide release date because that's my birthday and I would very much enjoy playing Snap then.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not exepcting a Nintendo Direct anymore. It seens they are just dropping info randomly on Twitter.

Dec 2, 2017
eFqHKaX.png

Whats the January date for?

Apr 21, 2018
Hard to tell much of the gameplay. Graphics look okay I guess, but good by 3D Pokemon standards. April 30th release date is nice.

I expect we'll get some official PR today or soon.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I am SO stoked for this. Main character design looks really good, honestly better than some of the mainline games IMO

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
The art style is pretty rough. It looks really good at times, and then really bad. For a game that is all about photography, that's important. Overall, looks better than its first showing, at least.

Also, I will not stand for that Sobble erasure in the box art.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The lighting is nice but I can't say the rest actually looks much better than SWSH

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seems like you can pick a male or female photographer which is good. Also seems like the game is contained to one island. The first game while a lot of fun was kinda short I don't want this to be some 40 hour experience, but I do hope this is a solid 10ish hours to snap every pokemon.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Jesus the COZY VIBES!

Honestly looks awesome and so chill, I really can't wait. I know this must have been said to death, but I dearly wish than mainline Pokemon games would look like New Snap.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Never thought I'd see the day Meganium got top billing on the cover of a Pokemon game.

It looks pretty good, though! I'd like to see some gameplay outside the context of a spliced trailer, but it seems to be pretty much in-line with the original.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It looks stunning. And wow, Meganium is on the cover. One of the most overlooked starter evos!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, they better have a level at the day care where we can finally document how those eggs are made and solve one of the oldest mysteries in the Pokemon universe

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish it would just look better.
Yes, it is the Switch, but in a game where the world is static and you're literally on a rail which is moving you through the world, there should be a lot more possible. The environment is shockingly low-res and blurry.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The trainers' designs are derivative as heck, but the new professor looks cool/hot. I'm ready to take some photos~

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Nintendo doesn't do Directs anymore and they choose to release seperate trailers instead.

The game looks great anyway

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Meganium getting the front and center treatment it deserves.

Also interesting to see Vivillon, I really liked their gimmick.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I hate how plasticky the Pokemon look in this but aside from that it looks good. Never played the original but glad this is finally being made for everyone who did.