Steven

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad, but I think Naruto is overall pretty crap considering how long it was terrible post-time skip. And then Boruto makes me realize how original some of it was.

Also, Sasuke is the GOAT, ironically.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I remember that one scene from Naruto's inauguration but I'm glad it wasn't just a joke. Hope they flesh her out more in the future.

Shame about Hinata tho. I guess it's just mom life for her.

They did do a one off episode with Himawari doing a trial period a the Ninja Academy that was pushed on her by Hanabi. She was skilled for her age but she ended the trial period still not knowing whether she wants to be a ninja or not.

It's sad, but I think Naruto is overall pretty crap considering how long it was terrible post-time skip. And then Boruto makes me realize how original some of it was.

This is my opinion on Naruto mostly:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

I still think what I watched of Boruto (the first 60ish eps or so?) is more enjoyable content than most of late Naruto Shippuden

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
True true. But they were never able to fully pass the torch, Gohan is the biggest disappointment as a result.

Ironically, I would like Dragon Ball more if they had passed the torch to the next generation but I would've liked it more if they kept Naruto and Sasuke in the spotlight as the main characters as adults with their kids as side characters.

I still think what I watched of Boruto (the first 60ish eps or so?) is more enjoyable content than most of late Naruto Shippuden

I could see it.

According to the writer, Boruto is modeled more on Part 1 Naruto than Part 2.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Which is why someone like Himawari should have been the protagonist. On top of giving her a different fighting style, they could have put more emphasis on the Byukugan which was ignored mostly in Part 2.

I dunno about the manga but I think they do pretty good with giving Boruto Boruto a unique style in the anime. (unique from naruto anyway)

I can't believe kishi forgot to draw bakugan on him though omg.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ironically, I would like Dragon Ball more if they had passed the torch to the next generation but I would've liked it more if they kept Naruto and Sasuke in the spotlight as the main characters as adults with their kids as side characters.
Preach. You know I really enjoyed those small arcs at the end of Shippuden where they were all young adults.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Boruto not in top the 10 is fitting, character is trash, he's worse than his father, Naruto had the mystic of the 9tails, Boruto has nothing..

Edit:
a more interesting character would have been Himawari, eyes from her mother and Chakara tank of her father, even without the 9tails Naruto has a fuckton of Chakara..

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Boruto not in top the 10 is fitting, character is trash, he's worse than his father, Naruto had the mystic of the 9tails, Boruto has nothing..

Edit:
a more interesting character would have been Himawari, eyes from her mother and Chakara tank of her father, even without the 9tails Naruto has a fuckton of Chakara..

I agree but to be fair, Boruto has eye powers too and they did add more mystique to Boruto's character later on with the Karma Seal & him being a vessel.

I think they should've just made Sarada the main and switch out Boruto for Himawari. Boruto can be Himawari's little brother.

Sarada works better for a main than either Boruto or Himawari as she just inherently has more to deal with since she's from a family of super-villains.

8xkm5mooexe51.jpg

Like, imagine Sarada having to deal with Sasuke's infamous legacy as an obstacle to becoming Hokage, Sarada having to deal with casual prejudice toward the Uchihas since the villains of the last war were the Uchiha(Madara & Obito), explore how she feels about the Uchiha Clan Massacre being ordered by the village that she wants to become Hokage of, Sarada learning about Sasuke's dark past & having to come to grips with it, her redefining what it means to be an Uchiha and what the Uchiha Clan should be from now on.

That's a way more interesting focus than Boruto being Konohomaru 2.0 and his dream goal being to cosplay as Sasuke.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto would be fucking number 1 if they would have gave him red fucking hair like most of the uzimaki's have. You may think that line is a joke, but it actually speaks to the core issue of borts characterization.

Seriously though,

The first three being the uchiha family makes me laugh from the core of my soul.

The internet: These characters suck

The actual audience:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So so far no one has said anything about Sakura being a major player in the manga so I can only conclude this poll is a massive troll.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Boruto would be fucking number 1 if they would have gave him red fucking hair like most of the uzimaki's have. You may think that line is a joke, but it actually speaks to the core issue of borts characterization.

Seriously though,

The first three being the uchiha family makes me laugh from the core of my soul.

The internet: These characters suck

The actual audience:

Hmmmm.....

4bqsvpnssc911.jpg

xxezl4xq3ss11.jpg

I like Boruto better with the Hyuuga black hair than the Uzumaki red hair.

Especially if they had given Boruto those Hyuuga colored eyes:

uzumaki_boruto_black_hair_by_semtot_dboixlr-pre.jpg

6h520expfbm41.jpg

Naruto, on the other hand, looks amazing with that red hair.

bf8a17c6c7c9fbb5f8d96a09b2cace1b.png

76j2vayfn5s21.jpg

330d177b2706389842854724c22e485b.jpg

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm.....

4bqsvpnssc911.jpg

xxezl4xq3ss11.jpg

6h520expfbm41.jpg

76j2vayfn5s21.jpg

I like him with the red hair because its more visually stunning and not a hair color that shows up in the series a bunch. It also in being visually stunning would make him rather unique looking instead of billed as naruto but more rounded design.

I also suggest if sakura and sasuke have a 2nd child that's a boy he has pink hair.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hmmmm.....

4bqsvpnssc911.jpg

xxezl4xq3ss11.jpg

6h520expfbm41.jpg

76j2vayfn5s21.jpg

Naruto looks great that way, wtf.

I agree but to be fair, Boruto has eye powers too and they did add more mystique to Boruto's character later on with the Karma Seal & him being a vessel.

I think they should've just made Sarada the main and switch out Boruto for Himawari. Boruto can be Himawari's little brother.

Sarada works better for a main than either Boruto or Himawari as she just inherently has more to deal with since she's from a family of super-villains.

8xkm5mooexe51.jpg

Like, imagine Sarada having to deal with Sasuke's infamous legacy as an obstacle to becoming Hokage, Sarada having to deal with casual prejudice toward the Uchihas since the villains of the last war were the Uchiha(Madara & Obito), Sarada learning about Sasuke's dark past & having to come to grips with her, her redefining what it means to be an Uchiha and what the Uchiha Clan should be from now on.

That's a way more interesting focus than Boruto being Konohomaru 2.0 and his dream goal being to cosplay as Sasuke.
Sold, this would be cool.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

8xkm5mooexe51.jpg

Like, imagine Sarada having to deal with Sasuke's infamous legacy as an obstacle to becoming Hokage, Sarada having to deal with casual prejudice toward the Uchihas since the villains of the last war were the Uchiha(Madara & Obito), Sarada learning about Sasuke's dark past & having to come to grips with her, her redefining what it means to be an Uchiha and what the Uchiha Clan should be from now on.

Wow it sucks we'll never get this

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
So you've never watched the show?

Boruto and Naruto have worked on their relationship a lot, now they're more of a father and son that keep playfully teasing each other. They still clash, but they are in a much better place

Sarada is a Naruto fangirl. She has several issues with her father but is also working on it.

Sasuke tries his best at not sucking as a parent anymore...to mixed results

I enjoyed that clip, thank you. Nice to see that Sasuke has some semblance of a personality with this kid. He sucks but he's trying.

BTW - who is the mother of Rock Lee's kid?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Mitsuki at 5th. I'm glad since I actually enjoy his character.

Hinata hanging in there. She's been given jack shit to do after The Last. Her fanbase is truly diehard.

Also lol @ Boruto.

im afraid to ask but... is boruto worth watching?? I remember the first few seasons wasn't good

About as much as anything in Naruto after the finding Tsunade arc. So take that as you want. But if you enjoyed the story in part 2, there's a chance you might not like it since you don't have that prior investment to go on.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I enjoyed that clip, thank you. Nice to see that Sasuke has some semblance of a personality with this kid. He sucks but he's trying.

BTW - who is the mother of Rock Lee's kid?

It's a fun running gag that Sasuke despises Jiraiya's books for humiliating him to his daughter (and later his wife).

So Boruto did start bringing Adult Sasuke back to his Part 1 self albeit less edgy and angry.

We've never seen the mom of Metal Lee just that it's probably not Tenten. It's probably some random citizen.

As far as I'm concerned, Metal Lee is just a result of asexual reproduction or he's adopted .

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I kept scrolling and scrolling waiting to see Boruto.

This really your kid, Naruto? Damn.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Like, imagine Sarada having to deal with Sasuke's infamous legacy as an obstacle to becoming Hokage, Sarada having to deal with casual prejudice toward the Uchihas since the villains of the last war were the Uchiha(Madara & Obito), Sarada learning about Sasuke's dark past & having to come to grips with it, her redefining what it means to be an Uchiha and what the Uchiha Clan should be from now on.

👏 👏 👏

"Nah for some reason we gotta keep fighting the same alien dudes to justify Boruto's new powerups that'll be the ONLY way to stop the bad guys." - Boruto writer.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why people give even a remote fuck about Iruka, I'll never know.

Also hope his VA makes a full recovery.

Kakashi/Iruka is a mega popular ship in Japan. That was the main reason. The three most popular ships in Japan were (are?) SasuSaku, SasuNaru and KakaIru.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's practically impossible for the main character of a battle shonen not cracking top 5 on these things, let alone top 10. lmao

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kakashi/Iruka is a mega popular ship in Japan. That was the main reason. The three most popular ships in Japan were (are?) SasuSaku, SasuNaru and KakaIru.
But Kakashi and Iruka barely interact with one another? I can understand Sasuke and Naruto/Sakura getting together because at least something is there.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
But Kakashi and Iruka barely interact with one another? I can understand Sasuke and Naruto/Sakura getting together because at least something is there.

lol I always love when people first discover this. It's because those two characters were the only two (attractive) adult men in the cast that had been introduced in canon at the beginning of the mangas run, so it was yaoi shippers default choice if they wanted to write explicit fanfics/make explicit art that didn't involve underage characters. It's actually one of the oldest ships in Naruto fandom.

Also fandom usually doesn't operate on reason when it comes to shipping. Never actually even talked or interacted in canon? Who cares!

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
sakura. uchiha. lol fucking barf.

do sauce and sakura undergo massive personality shifts? because they're awful in naruto.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
sakura. uchiha. lol fucking barf.

do sauce and sakura undergo massive personality shifts? because they're awful in naruto.

I mean Sasuke kinda has to since he's a good guy now where before he was a hateful super-villain/anti-villain.

But it's more like the unpleasant parts of their personalities went away.

Adult Sasuke's not obsessing over revenge, being arrogant about his bloodline or being a dick to people. He banters with Naruto a bit and can be awkward dad to his daughter and shows some amount of affection to Sakura. He tries to be a good guy in his own blunt way. And he can be polite to people finally. So you explore other facets of Sasuke's personality that he buried in Shippuden.

And the things that made Sakura annoying in Naruto aren't really present in Boruto like constantly abusing Naruto(or others) & constantly pining over Sasuke since she doesn't really hang with Naruto anymore and she's married to Sasuke and is understanding that he has to be away. And Sakura's a pretty cool mom.